Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Disagree

work on your discipline - bullying is common - children are outright rough at recess and children that are disrespectful during class are facing minimal consequences - not a safe environment

the administration is horrible - favoritism and behind the scenes drama spoils the feel of the school. Their behavior program is not working - bullying is common - hildren get shoved and pushed to the ground without any long term consequences - no money spent on Playground improvement or PE equipment or ground maintenance instead all is poured into their expensive computer systems - principal is not approachable and favors certain teachers over others - there are some great teachers but they are crippled by a controlling administration. Someone wrote about french immersion - there is no such thing - it is a spanish immersion IB school - my child did not feel safe during recess - we chose to switch schools this semester.

Ranch Creek is a great school. The teachers are friendly and helpful. And the office staff are kind and supportive to all. Wishing you all, parents and students included, a Happy Thanksgiving.

This school is simply phenomenal. The teachers are all outstanding and there is next to zero turnover bc they love their jobs. Top performing school in d20 with testing, IB program is top notch, my kids are in the french immersion and they blow me away with their french skills. The PTO is incredible, and we could not ask for a better school culture for our kids. We love the diversity and school's goal to prepare them to be good global citizens.

I absolutely loved the teachers! My son loves school and the education is second to none. Only negative comments I have read have to do with how parents get along with administration...seems very telling about those complaining but I could be wrong. I keep out of the gossip so I don't know. I just focus on the education my child is getting and it's great. Very caring teachers...what else matters when you look at the big picture?

My child was recently bullied at school and I wanted to write in to share our experience. I was contacted immediately by the administration and while the name of the student involved was kept confidential, I was informed of everything else. I was very pleased with the way the my child's teacher and the administration handled the situation, and I thought that they were extremely helpful! Our family has nothing negative to say about this school, we think that it is wonderful!

I was at first thrilled with this school. The teachers were kind, committed, and wonderful! The administration were warm and kind to my children. However, in becoming more involved, I realized that there were deeper problems at hand. Most problems are swept under the carpet, and not truly addressed. Parent involvement was seemingly encouraged, but then left in the "schools hands to solve the problem", to no real avail. Information regarding bullying could not be shared from the teacher to the parent. The child had to be the source of information whether, or not they were bullied. Teachers seem afraid to say anything negative, therefore, no real help and learning can take place, because concerns are not addressed. The biggest concern for me is that they withhold information from parents. I feel they slip policies, "counseling" sessions, withdrawal of major privileges, and bullying by, until parents demand notification. They use the term "confidentiality" to hide any problems. The teachers are amazing with their circumstances. The overall school restrictions, lack of parent communication, and dishonesty are my only concerns from the administration.

We LOVE Ranch Creek! The staff is very friendly and the teachers are truly AMAZING!! I was very surprised at the negative comment below regarding the Principal and VP. I couldn't disagree more. They have both been incredibly friendly, caring and helpful. The environment of this school is warm and friendly. The rules that are in place are for the safety of our children. When I drop my children off every morning, I know that they are at a safe school with caring teachers and staff! I am thankful every single day that we found such a wonderful school for our children!!

So far we have had a great experience at Ranch Creek. I have only come across friendly, kind and supportive staff. My daughter is thriving and has gained an abundant amount of knowledge and skill her first year here (kindergarten). I love that she is learning Spanish as well!

Terrible Administration! Don't even consider it! Our children have attended this school since it's opening in 2007. I wish we liked it, as we live very close by, it has great technology, nice library & the tools to be a great school. The downfall: the principal & vp. At first, the principal seems to be a nice person, but as you get to know her & see her true colors, you realize she is not. She cares only about her agenda. If the quality of teachers, parental satisfaction & comfort of students is compromised in the process, so be it. She fails to recognize that she works for the community & students that this school serves. The vp is her crony. The environment of the school is cold & stifling. There are a million different ridiculous rules that the children are constantly worried about breaking. Parental involvement is not welcome & is almost discouraged. There are a couple of good teachers that have stuck it out over the years, but for the most part the good teachers leave quickly. We have hoped for improvement, but will instead go somewhere new. There are other great schools in D20. Learning can be fun, but you would never know it walking through the halls and classrooms of RCE.

Last modified Ranch Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.