Ranch Creek Elementary School 4

Posted November 24, 2014
Ranch Creek is a great school. The teachers are friendly and helpful. And the office staff are kind and supportive to all. Wishing you all, parents and students included, a Happy Thanksgiving.

Posted May 15, 2014
This school is simply phenomenal. The teachers are all outstanding and there is next to zero turnover bc they love their jobs. Top performing school in d20 with testing, IB program is top notch, my kids are in the french immersion and they blow me away with their french skills. The PTO is incredible, and we could not ask for a better school culture for our kids. We love the diversity and school's goal to prepare them to be good global citizens.

Posted January 13, 2014
I absolutely loved the teachers! My son loves school and the education is second to none. Only negative comments I have read have to do with how parents get along with administration...seems very telling about those complaining but I could be wrong. I keep out of the gossip so I don't know. I just focus on the education my child is getting and it's great. Very caring teachers...what else matters when you look at the big picture?

Posted April 22, 2013
My child was recently bullied at school and I wanted to write in to share our experience. I was contacted immediately by the administration and while the name of the student involved was kept confidential, I was informed of everything else. I was very pleased with the way the my child's teacher and the administration handled the situation, and I thought that they were extremely helpful! Our family has nothing negative to say about this school, we think that it is wonderful!

Ranch Creek Elementary School 1

Posted April 11, 2013
I was at first thrilled with this school. The teachers were kind, committed, and wonderful! The administration were warm and kind to my children. However, in becoming more involved, I realized that there were deeper problems at hand. Most problems are swept under the carpet, and not truly addressed. Parent involvement was seemingly encouraged, but then left in the "schools hands to solve the problem", to no real avail. Information regarding bullying could not be shared from the teacher to the parent. The child had to be the source of information whether, or not they were bullied. Teachers seem afraid to say anything negative, therefore, no real help and learning can take place, because concerns are not addressed. The biggest concern for me is that they withhold information from parents. I feel they slip policies, "counseling" sessions, withdrawal of major privileges, and bullying by, until parents demand notification. They use the term "confidentiality" to hide any problems. The teachers are amazing with their circumstances. The overall school restrictions, lack of parent communication, and dishonesty are my only concerns from the administration.

Posted March 10, 2013
We LOVE Ranch Creek! The staff is very friendly and the teachers are truly AMAZING!! I was very surprised at the negative comment below regarding the Principal and VP. I couldn't disagree more. They have both been incredibly friendly, caring and helpful. The environment of this school is warm and friendly. The rules that are in place are for the safety of our children. When I drop my children off every morning, I know that they are at a safe school with caring teachers and staff! I am thankful every single day that we found such a wonderful school for our children!!

Posted March 08, 2013
So far we have had a great experience at Ranch Creek. I have only come across friendly, kind and supportive staff. My daughter is thriving and has gained an abundant amount of knowledge and skill her first year here (kindergarten). I love that she is learning Spanish as well!

Ranch Creek Elementary School 1

Posted February 28, 2013
Terrible Administration! Don't even consider it! Our children have attended this school since it's opening in 2007. I wish we liked it, as we live very close by, it has great technology, nice library & the tools to be a great school. The downfall: the principal & vp. At first, the principal seems to be a nice person, but as you get to know her & see her true colors, you realize she is not. She cares only about her agenda. If the quality of teachers, parental satisfaction & comfort of students is compromised in the process, so be it. She fails to recognize that she works for the community & students that this school serves. The vp is her crony. The environment of the school is cold & stifling. There are a million different ridiculous rules that the children are constantly worried about breaking. Parental involvement is not welcome & is almost discouraged. There are a couple of good teachers that have stuck it out over the years, but for the most part the good teachers leave quickly. We have hoped for improvement, but will instead go somewhere new. There are other great schools in D20. Learning can be fun, but you would never know it walking through the halls and classrooms of RCE.

Posted January 25, 2013
Ranch Creek is a fantastic school! Our oldest has special needs, and the entire staff (principal, vice principal, counselor, AND teachers) came alongside us to help him thrive at school. The principal, Mrs. Paulson, is very warm and welcoming and is incredible at remembering the names of not only her students but also those of their entire family (including siblings not yet attending Ranch Creek). The staff does a great job challenging the students in the midst of varying academic strengths. For example, when our son and a few other students in his grade demonstrated advanced math skills, they developed a small group of students to work together on more challenging math concepts. Their Spanish program is phenomenal, and we love their focus on IB attitudes - emphasis on cooperation, empathy, respect, integrity, etc. We look forward to sending our younger kids to Ranch Creek once they are old enough!

Posted December 30, 2012
I absolutely LOVE Ranch Creek. My oldest has been at Ranch Creek for 5 years and my youngest is in Kindergarten there. We have loved every one of the teachers that my kids have had and they do a great job of challenging my kids - whether they are excelling or struggling. From day one, the principal has greeted my entire family by name when we come to school activities - including my 2 youngest who aren't old enough to attend school yet. She is out front every morning (even when it snows), greeting all of the children by name. Like others have mentioned, I have no idea where these negative ratings have come from because we have had a great experience at Ranch Creek. When I have had concerns, I have been able to share those concerns immediately with the staff and come up with a great solution for my kids.

Ranch Creek Elementary School
9155 Tutt Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO  80924
Last modified Ranch Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ranch Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top