Public charter
Colorado Springs, CO

Posted October 06, 2014
This school is amazing. Helps you take a step forward in your life. Yes a lot of work, but hard work = success

Colorado Springs Early Colleges 2

Posted April 30, 2014
I went to the fort Collins school so I don't know about the other one. Everyone and I mean everyone teachers, kids, office workers pushed their religion. They also wanted us to confirm and be "normal". I went into a class called life skills and it should have been called personality change class. That teacher who also ran boot camp tried to change who we are and push her idea of a perfect teenager onto us. It was insulting and I didn't learn anything except that I apparently shouldn't be who I am. Teachers also were really nosey about your personal life. This school has physical activity as a punishment! Yup that's right it doesn't matter your health conditions or if you have to be somewhere they will force you to do boot camp if you do anything wrong and run around the school for hours. You get no break and someone screaming at you the whole time. There was no gym, everything was disorganized, not enough room for students, no going off campus whatsoever! There was constant bullying from the other students do much that's what pushed me into leaving and nobody did a thing about it.

Posted September 24, 2013
Our son left the Vanguard school with a sigh of relief! He was being taught by uncredentialed self important, heartless, despotic instructors! He blew out the Accuplacer test and is enrolled in all college classes. He has a goal to finish his B.S. degree and High School at the same time. Our 14 year old is a very intelligent child with a learning disability and the staff at CSEC and PPCC have been very supportive. He has turned over a new leaf and is soaring. The school so far seems to fit his learning style. Our oldest is at Stanford University and had received 5's on almost all of his 5 AP tests. He was considering medical school but found that he would have to take Bio. Calc. Chem. and English over as medicacl schools do not accept high school AP courses as prerequisites classes. We are also excited that our 14 year old's college will be paid. He still participates in fencing and rocketry at his old school. He is considering running track with his old school as well. For those students who want a high school experience you can participate at your last school. High school experiences were over rated. You will have better experiences in college and grad. school!

Posted May 12, 2013
CSEC is the best thing that has ever happened to me. The school is about what you want to get out of it. The students are driven to excel. Parents are involved and communicate with teachers. Teachers, administrators, and staff go above and beyond to support their students. Counselors work with students on scholarship programs for the remainder of their college tuition. (A student recently received a full ride scholarship to the Colorado School of Mines.) The school has daily tutoring available through an Enrichment program. Regarding the comment about sports. MANY students participate in sports programs through nearby schools. As for art and music, CSEC has on-site art and music classes and features a talent and variety show, but students also participate in local arts programs, such as the Millibo Art Theater. There are so many opportunities here, not the least of which is having little to no college loan debt. What do you want out of your high school experience?

Colorado Springs Early Colleges 1

Posted May 11, 2013
The academics here are superb. However, with that comes absolutely no high school experience. There are no clubs, very few electives, one sports team which isn't even ours, and only one dance per year (two if you're a junior or senior). They put WAY too much pressure on you to find a job or start looking for a good college AS A FRESHMAN! They also expect you to suddenly mature because you're taking college level classes. If you're choosing based solely on academics then choose here. If you actually want your child to have fun while in high school or to actually go to several dances per year, then DON"T GO HERE!!! Anyone who wants to go here is essentially wishing away their high school experience.

Colorado Springs Early Colleges 4

Posted May 10, 2013
I am currently enrolled in csec but not for much longer. Dont get me wrong, the school is great! It is a fabulous opportunity to earn a college degree. Students also receive alot of freedom. However, it does come with responsibility. The school is designed to give students the opportunity to receive college credit in high school and save a bunch later on. The faculty is pretty ok. This school is not for the kid who loves music or art or sports. When going to this school, you give up a normal high school experience. No clubs and only 1 sport and that is basketball. I would recommend this school to the kid who is shooting straight for college, but if the kid loves art and music and sports, then i would suggest a different direction.

Colorado Springs Early Colleges 4

Posted February 17, 2013
My daughter graduated from CSEC with almost 60 college credits and transferred into UCCS as a Junior. It's a great opportunity for high school students. My family's experience with CSEC was great. The leadership team, staff and faculty sincerely care about the students and many staff members work way beyond 40 hours each week to make this school a success. I think parents who expect CSEC to be a 'normal' high school are often disappointed. Those who 'get' that CSEC is a very unique, 'out of the box' school are a lot happier. I highly recommend CSEC!

Posted February 11, 2013
I wish we had a school like this when I was growing up! The average student-loan debt of borrowers in the college class of 2011 rose to about $26,500, a 5 percent increase from about $25,350 the previous year. Graduating from high school with an Associate's degree or even a Bachelor's degree can save your child (or you) thousands of dollars. If my daughter graduated high school with college credits and no debt from those classes, it would definitely encourage her to finish her degree. Great idea!

Posted February 08, 2013
As a teacher at CSEC, I have to express my enthusiasm for this school and these students and families. What a great place to work! CSEC is very, very different than the typical public high school. We have standards for behavior, dress, and academics that encourage and support excellence. These kids are preparing for college then entering college far more prepared and capable than I've seen in the public schools. It is truly a unique and wonderful experience for kids and teachers.

Posted February 08, 2013
As a staff member of CSEC, I see a lot of aspects that students and parents don't see. In every school in every city, there are flaws...it is not a perfect system and education in our country has many challenges to overcome. CSEC is a great school for students willing to work hard and are motivated to succeed. The administration has a passion for seeing these students through to the end and put a lot of sweat and tears into the vision and mission of our school. The opportunity that CSEC provides is needed so badly in today's economy and society and I couldn't imagine grabbing on and not letting go if I had the chance!

Colorado Springs Early Colleges
4435 North Chestnut, Colorado Springs, CO  80907
Last modified Colorado Springs Early Colleges is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Colorado Springs Early Colleges Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top