Colorado Springs, CO
Students enrolled: 1,052

Posted June 10, 2015
It's too early to fully rate this school but today my family went to pick up papers to get my child into this school and the ladies in the office told us we could take a walk around the school and get a feel for it, everything looked great and we were quite impressed with what we saw until a blond lady came out of the student service office and asked if she could help us, we told her the ladies in the office told us we could take a look around and got rather rude with us and told us she couldn't see the fun in that and this was rather unusual...again, we told her we were told it was ok...she continued to get rude but went back into her office. Everyone else we ran across was very polite, not the greatest first impression but we won't let one person that's having a bad day discourage us from giving this school a chance. I will give a better report at the end of the year when we see if this is normal behavior of staff members

Posted August 19, 2014
I have had three children attend this school. When the first child attended, I was extremely pleased with the school. My next child had a very good experience (other than being bullied, which took awhile to get stopped), but the third child did not at all. He had a teacher in sixth grade who was mentally abusive (other kids had same experience with this teacher), who changed the course of who he is. Rather than take care of the problem, it was allowed to get worse, and admin refused to switch his teacher. Same teacher put tape on a student's mouth and called another child a racially charged name--teacher is still there. Parents won't say anything because it's not taken care of. My kids seemed to watch a lot of videos in both science and social studies. The one admin that will do anything about it has consistently had her hands tied to take care of issues. Most teachers are good with few problems, but most of the truly great ones have left the school. Their strongest department tends to be the math department--you cannot beat the math teachers!

Posted January 12, 2014
I have my third child in Mountain Ridge, now in 8th grade. I loved this school with my first two. I had to drive 15 minutes to get my children to this school, as we lived further north. It was worth it. But, then the principal left, as did a vice principal and some counselors. Although the teachers are still terrific, I'm guessing many will leave with this new administration who think they now need to lead with a cookie cutter mentality. My daughter is, for the most part, a straight A student and is doing fine academically but the way they deal with bullying and student behavior is awful. Apparently, everyone is to blame even if you are the victim. Also, if a few students do something wrong that activity is cancelled for everyone. For example, some students came to a play high and now they cancelled the whole drama program. It's ridiculous to make everyone pay for the faults of a few. This is their mentality. Everyone is to blame for bad behavior. I can't wait for my student to be done with this school. And because of the example they have lead we will not go to Rampart because these same students will be going there.

Posted May 06, 2010
i used to be a student at MRMS from the 2008-2009 school year, but sadly i had to move to a different state.i was on team 641 and let me tell you, that was the best 6th grade team ever!!!!! my taechers, mrs. Burton, Mrs. Lowery,mrs. rauenzaun(i think i spelt her name wrong), and my humanities teacher (i forgot her name) were the best teachers ever!!! the lunch room was cool too. And the camping trip high trails was amazing(even though i did not go)!!! i just want to thank MRMS for giving me the best school year ever!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU MRMS!!!!!!!!! : )

Posted April 29, 2010
My daughter's 8th grade teachers have been outstanding. They know who she is as an individual, and genuinely support her personal growth. They are open and honest with us and with her about her skills, initiative and opportunities for improvement. She is on a 2 teacher team and I can not express enough how much of a difference that has made. I hope they continue with the 2 teacher teams instead of the 4 teacher teams. It matters.

Posted April 11, 2009
I am a 7th grader at mrms right now...And it is one of the best schools i have ever been to!! actually, the best! being a military child, i have moved a couple times. The teachers are very supportive, and the ib program is amazing! i feel like there is nothing in that school that could get better.

Posted March 24, 2009
Mountain Ridge is an amazing school. The teachers are always willing to help anyone who needs extra help. They set up times for the students to come before or after school before a test so that everyone is prepared. I had Mrs.R for 6th grade science,and she was one of the best teachers I've ever had. I had Mr.Glavan for 7th grade humanities, and he is an amazing. It is a well-rounded school that makes every student count. When I first moved to this school, I was very shy, but the freindly staff helped me adjust easily, and I made friends very quickly because the students were so kind to me. When I broke my arm the teachers helped me and made adjustments. The students are allowed to create their own clubs if they are appropriate. It is a very safe environment. I highly reccomend this school to anyone. Send your students here!

Mountain Ridge Middle School 4

Posted December 16, 2008
Hello interested parents and students! I am a former MRMS student. I went there for 6th and 7th grade before i moved to a school that supported my goals and dreams better. MRMS has great sports program. The 8th grade volleyball team went undefeated. Anyway, if you are looking for a great academic and sports school mountain ridge is for you! They also have a decent theatre program. They choose great musicals that are fun and entertaining. However, there vocal program is not the best. The teacher is decent, but there resources are very limited. The highschool that MRMS feeds into, Rampart, also doesn't have the best vocal program. If you are a vocalist i reccomend AAHS, Air Academy Highschool, they are fabulous! Mrs. Paula Bach is one of the best vocal and choir teachers in the state. If you are in band i definetly recomend MRMS! They are fantastic.

Posted December 15, 2008
I am a parent of an ADHD/dyslexic student. He attended MRMS for 6th grade and we were not pleased with the school. It was extrememly difficult to get accommodations and modifications put into place and followed through on by the staff. We are both teachers in the district and were not pleased with the lack of support for our son even with an IEP.

Mountain Ridge Middle School 4

Posted October 01, 2008
This is an excellent school with challenging, well-rounded curriculum. My 7th grader has really enjoyed the IB program and has grown a lot in this program. The one disappointment is the lack of consistency in grading/testing. Students will be told a test is on a certain day and many students will come prepared, but then those that aren't will do what they can that day and are allowed to finish up the next class period giving them an extra day to study. Those that finished the day it was given are not given that same opportunity to study some more and change answers as needed. We even had an instance where students who did not finish the day it was given were given three class periods to do the test. This has happened more than once. Lots of diversity in curriculum.

9150 Lexington Dr, Colorado Springs, CO  80920
Last modified Mountain Ridge Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain Ridge Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top