Posted May 23, 2014
I was an army brat growing up, and attended four different K-6 schools, so I have at least a little background to compare. I couldn't ask for a better school for my children. The teachers and staff are dedicated, responsive, and engaged in each and every student's well-being. There are a couple of teachers with whom I've had personality conflicts, but they've been entirely professional, and my kids have thrived under them. The physical building is in need of an upgrade, but I can guarantee you there are brand-new, state-of-the-art schools out there that don't have half the professionalism, success, and soul of Skyway. The proof, though, is in their end-product, and I can honestly say I've never encountered a better, more mutually supportive group of kids. I wish I could have attended.

Posted April 03, 2014
We have LOVED Skyway now for three years (K-2) and everything from the academics, specials, and teachers. Our daughter has grown SO much in ALL areas. We've really appreciated how the focus is not just on academics, but also character and physical well being. The principal has been outstanding, communication has been great, and the atmosphere has been very warm. There are only two classes per grade and about 20-25 students per class which is WONDERFUL! We really could not ask for more in a public school. Their motto "We are Skyway, do what's right!" is truly working as the school definitely does a lot RIGHT! We're one happy family.

Posted October 01, 2013
Skyway is a wonderful school. Three of our children attended- one from Kindergarten through 6th grade. This school feels like a close knit community. Many of the teachers grew up in the area and some even went to this school themselves. The school has a lot of parent involvement and many annual programs and activities that make it such a special place. We have recently had to move out of state and really appreciate just how much we have lost by moving away. Skyway really is a great place to grow!

Skyway Park Elementary School 1

Posted November 04, 2012
I agree with the parent about bullying and too much homework, It's not the only thing that is boring. I agree to disagree to the check mark below. That is the other thing, force to do things that a parent does not agree with like a star rating. your lucky to get one star. Signed the parents.

Skyway Park Elementary School 2

Posted March 21, 2012
This school has a problem with bullying and gives too much homework that look like sheets of boring lines. The principle was unresponsive and deflective when contacted about these issues. We ended up moving our kid, but damage was done. It's a pity, the school is in such a great location.

Posted February 18, 2012
As a former student who graduated from this school district, I can attest to the fact that having high expectations and standards works, and has been virtually unchanged since my years here. I may not have appreciated how lucky I was to attend this district all 12 years, but I do now, considering I had to move back to Colorado Springs, and I drive 20 minutes to Skyway every day to take my daughter to this school. We have been fortunate to get one of our kids into this school, and it breaks my heart knowing that my other daughter is not a student at this school. This is the case till we can move into the district or a place opens up for her. We are stuck on the wrong side of the city, and have to wait until our house sells in another state to be able to move closer. I've seen and been involved with other districts here and in another state, from elementary all the way up through high school, and I can honestly say, short of a private school education, this is the best public school district in the Springs. I with they would re-open Canon so that more kids could have exposure to this district.

Posted December 27, 2010
This is a consistently excellent school, with outstanding faculty, individual attention, and strong school-family connections!

Posted July 19, 2007
Great school, family type setting where everyone feels comfortable.

Posted January 18, 2007
Skyway is an amazing school. Not only does Skyway focus on academic excellence but also concentrates on character development, physical fitness, and appreciation of the arts. Skyway is a diverse school that believes every child can and will learn. The teachers go above and beyond individualizing lessons to fit the needs of every child. Students at Skyway feel a sense of community and pride.

Posted April 10, 2005

Skyway Park Elementary School
1100 Mercury Dr, Colorado Springs, CO  80905
Last modified Skyway Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Skyway Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top