Posted May 15, 2014
My kids have attended AIES for all their primary years. We have been extremely pleased with their education and they have developed a joy for learning. Every teacher we have had has been extremely supportive, friendly and helpful. They communicate with us, and you can tell they love what they do. My son struggled with reading and his teacher and aids bent over backwards to direct and support him as needed. The class sizes are large, but the teachers do amazing considering, and the school is laid out well that it still seems small. The office staff and administrators are in fact helpful and open. I like that they know each student. The parent involvement is welcomed and a good community. We have been grateful for the French immersion opportunity and the IB curriculum. There is a culturally diverse student body and we like that our kids are learning what it means to be good global citizens, that they are not the center of the world. I really can't say enough good things about our experience at AIES. Of course it's important to consider what's best for your child and their style of learning, since there are so many options out there. For us, AIES has been a wonderful choice!

Posted September 14, 2013
This school is amazing. My children are both excelling in every aspect, to include foreign language. The homework is more intense than a traditional public school, but welcomed in this household as it challenges them more. I choiced them in out of district and will keep them here, long drive and all...

Academy International Elementary School 1

Posted August 30, 2013
Very disappointed with AIES. We were looking forward to attending our neighborhood school but disappointed by the lack of friendliness of the teachers and staff. The school was very cold, and left you feeling like an intruder. One of our children's teachers treated them as if they were in college and ridiculed them for asking a question. We have since switched our children to another neighboring school and the difference is incredible. My suggestion for any family thinking of attending AIES is to tour a few other schools and the compare the difference from the first meeting in the office.

Posted May 20, 2013
I never cease to be amazed at the wonderful things happening at my daughter's school. From the inquiry-based learning with an international focus to the interactive and fun ways that her first grade immersion teacher makes French an accessible and enjoyable part of her life. My daughter has excelled this year and she comes home with great ideas and wonderings to share. I couldn't be more impressed with the staff or the involved PTO that helps keep parents in the loop.

Academy International Elementary School 2

Posted May 16, 2013
Class sizes are large - 25 - 30 children which is difficult for teachers. There seems to be more opportunity for the Talented And Gifted, however not so much for the child performing in the mid to lower range. Those children not performing at a high level are quickly identified and talks and excessive meetings begin with the Administration for ILP and IEP requests. This also helps with school funding for additional resources to accommodate the programs for supplemental reading, etc. It's unfortunate that there has not been more focus on how this type of funding can be used to reduce class size so that children aren't pulled from class instruction. Don't be mislead by the words (IB Attitudes) on the wall in the gym since these were apparently put there by earlier Administration.

Posted February 18, 2013
We chose this school for our daughter for two primary reasons - challenging and inclusive IB Curriculum and French Immersion Program. We have been very satisfied not only with her academic progress but also the overall personality development. It is such a joy to see her thriving at this school. Teachers are awesome and staff is friendly. I find the front office staff professional and efficient. That may explain their "business like" perception but to me, that's a good thing. Parents involvement is outstanding. Diversity here seems to be in-the- eyes-of-beholder as I see plenty of diversity at least among the students, if not teachers and staff. We have been wanting to move to Parker area for a variety of reasons but as great as Douglas County Schools are, we seems to be having a great difficulty in finding as "wholesome" of a school as AIES in that area. So, seems like we will be staying put for now.

Posted January 07, 2013
My daughter is now in 5th grade and has attended since Kindergarten. My son is a 2nd grader. Both of our children have had fantastic experiences at the school. The TAG teachers are well qualified and work diligently with the students to keep challenging them. Our children have had great classroom teachers from Kindergarten through 5th grade. I am an involved parent and I find that the school has wonderful parental support. It has been an all around great experience for us.

Posted October 01, 2012
I love this school. We transferred to this school because we had a negative experience at our neighborhood school only two blocks away from us. Immediately upon transferring to this school, my daughter got her smile back, her confidence and began to thrive. This school provides an environment where children can feel safe and comfortable. Her Kindergarten teacher and First grade teachers have been very nurturing. The parents and children here are wholesome and endorse high moral standards. This is a great school, surrounded by a great community. I'm sad as my husband's commute to Denver may force us to leave this school in order to move closer to work. I only hope I can find something this good, but I am dragging my feet and we are enduring the commute as long as we can. I can't see anything comparing.

Posted August 22, 2012
We moved here in the middle of my son's first grade year. He had a hard time transitioning, and I am so impressed on how out-of-the-box thinking his teacher was in helping him with his struggles. He is now in third grade, sister is in kindergarten, and we have had an excellent experience. The teachers are committed, the staff is kind, and they have so many opportunities at AIES. French, art, music, PE, a fabulous library, amazing technology program. Parent are VERY involved here and that effort shows. The PTO does extensive fundraising, and the school benefits from so many extras that way. We also have a very diverse student body.

Academy International Elementary School 4

Posted March 20, 2012
First, I agree with some of the negative comments. The school does come off as business-like. I would love for it to be a warmer environment. Second, there is a fourth grade teacher who is negative and shouldn't be teaching children. Finally, the front desk may be the least welcoming place in the school. That is a shame. Onto the positive. First, the curriculm is challenging and engaging. My oldest has been in three different schools in three states. I think the IB program is fantastic! My youngest is in the immersion program. It is a wonderful opportunity. As for the teachers, I've mentioned one bad teacher, but otherwise my children have had fabulous teachers. Teachers that have gone far above what they are expected to do. In addition, my child is facing a serious mental health challenge. I was worried about how the school would react since many schools do not handle these issues well. The school staff has been so supportive and helpful during a very difficult time. This to me is the most important thing. You can add the bonus of numerous extracurricular activities and you have a great school. I gave 4 out of five because I think the school could work to feel more welcoming.

Academy International Elementary School
8550 Charity, Colorado Springs, CO  80920
Last modified Academy International Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Academy International Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top