Colorado Springs, CO
Students enrolled: 1,325

Posted January 23, 2014
What a disappointment! The faculty at CMHS is simply put unengaged and don't care. Poor communication, lack of accountability, poor teacher guidance and its all okay with them. The root....they just don't care. I went to this school as a kid, played sports, and had decent grades. Unfortunately the quality of the personel is ineffective in motivating, mentoring, and like many reviews have said....doing their job. The superintendent, Dr. Cooper, sets the example. I've been waiting for his call since September. Don't send your kids here...Unless you are part of the chosen few, you will be disappointed.

Posted July 12, 2013
I am very impressed with this school's academic, sport and other activities achievements. My son is very proud of being a member of this school. Yes, it is very competitive, however the support form school teachers and staffs is unthinkable. All the members in the school seem to have one and only one goal that is to help your kids to succeed and they all have done a great job.

Posted October 25, 2012
My biggest problem is the school does not care about the kids. They have a teacher that gets multiple complaints but they do nothing and they have no option because she is the only one that teaches that class and it is a required class for all students to graduate. The principle and dean support her and not the students. Many of the teachers are great, but not all of them. I am very thankful for the understanding and support of the counselors. They are amazing.

Posted January 02, 2012
Raised in the Cheyenne System and graduated from the High School. It is a wonderful school that stresses excellence in everything from academics to sports to fine arts. It's also the only school I'll consider sending my own children to.

Posted September 05, 2011
This school prides itself on being a college prep school. I graduated ready for college and my college classes were very easy for me. If you want a dumbed down high school send your kids to Harrison. They can train to be Walmart employees,

Posted February 02, 2011
This is the top school district in all of Colorado Springs. As a parent of two college aged kids who came up through the CMSD, I am so glad we chose this district. As a parent of a highly successful student and one with special needs (asperger's), we felt both needs were met through CM. Through the LEAD program, our son matured and gained the confidence to become his own advocate. It gave him the ability to leave home and step out of his comfort zone. We are truly grateful to the staff and friends they made at CM. Our other student is in an engineering school and credits CM with preparing her adequately for the rigorous classes she has in college. She said she was definitely more prepared than her fellow classmates.

Posted January 05, 2011
Most blaring problem is there is NO SCHOOL BUS -at all- and the public bus will not take the kids either. So you have to do all the transportation to a public shool. Do not expect them to contact you if your kid gets behind. They don't care. It is run like a university, expecting 14 year olds to take full responsibility with no parental or teacher involvment whatsoever. And God help you if your kid gets sick. Parents are required to bring kid to school for exactly the # of hours missed and make up all those hours, even PE, on your own time. It is a wealthy part of town, very snobbish and condescending, and many teachers are the same. They assume you have a servant or a stay-at-home mom who lives only to transport kids for 6 hours a day. Any missed assignment is a zero by the time you find out, with no way to fix it. My hubby and I both have graduate degrees, and any University is more focused on helping students than this place. This school honestly doesn't care at al if your kids pass or fail.

Posted November 03, 2009

Posted October 15, 2009
My four brothers and I graduated from Cheyenne, kindergarten through 12th. The school was amazing when we were there so my husband and I decided that our kids should experience the excellent education that the 5 of us received. How wrong we were! The school teaches to the top 9%, if you are not in that group you might as well be invisible, no communication from teachers until after the semester is over, horrible, horrible special education, the teachers don't give a darn. I deeply regret sending our kids through District 12, if I could do it over again they would be in Academy school district 20. Don't send your kids to Cheyenne School Distrcits.

Posted April 15, 2009

Cheyenne Mountain High School
1200 Cresta Rd, Colorado Springs, CO  80906
Last modified Cheyenne Mountain High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cheyenne Mountain High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top