Bad
Good

We are very happy with the education and care our children are receiving at Pinon Valley. They are thriving academically and socially. If I had to choose one word to describe the administration and staff it would be DEDICATION!

Pinon Valley is the best of the 5 schools that our children have attended both in Colorado Springs and Europe. One of our children has also attended Broadmoor Elementary, also in D12 and the difference is night and day - in favour of Pinon! The leadership is where a school thrives or fails. The rating system allows only 5 stars and the Principle deserves more. Never have I met such a dedicated teacher, with such a love of the children. The teaching staff fall into line behind her and the school ethos, community and general feeling reflect this. I read a comment about a 1st grade teacher. The step from Kindergarten is massive and, yes, they expect the children to hit the ground running. Our little one was having trouble keeping up to begin with, but a 2 minute conversation with her and her teacher resolved the issues and now things are rosy again. It is obvious that while a lot is expected of the children, a lot is given back and all that we have so far encountered clearly care a great deal and go above and beyond all expectations. Both of our children are very happy here and it could not be more highly recommended.

My 6 year old is so scared to go to first grade because one teacher in there. She is not suited for first grade & obviously the students there are all aware too. SOmeone needs to go in there & get rid of some of the teachers there who think just because they've been there "forever" their job is secure. Until then my child will be going to private. Which is really going to hurt us financially. Fingers crossed when the new principal comes in he/she will shake things up. Hoping it's a man, because they need more males in that school.

Both my kids have excelled and enjoyed this wonderful school.

I could not be happier with the outstanding teaching my daughter gets at this school. The parent involvement in fantastic and the teachers give a lot of their own time to the students and the great after school and summer activites this school has. I would recomend this school to anyone.

Although Pinon Valley is the largest school in the highly regarded district 12, the staff and warm school environment make it feel very personal and welcoming to all students and their families. Excellence is encouraged and achieved both academically and personally. The children learn respect for themselves and others through strong character building education. The level of parental involvement is impressive and evident on any given school day. The only thing I would like to see different in our school as well as all other schools in our district would be a more secure school environment. I would like all school entrances to be locked and visitors to be identified before entering. We actually live closer to another 'excellent' and smaller school in district 12 but choose to send our children to Pinon Valley Elementary. PVE is the best choice!

Last modified Pinon Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.