Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted February 05, 2016
It takes my son at least 45 minutes a night as a first grader to do his homework.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted February 05, 2016
My son's teacher did not notify me about a sexual bullying incident until after my son came to me upset.

Gold Camp Elementary School 1

Posted February 05, 2016
My first grader was bullied by two boys at his school, hit in the groin and buttocks and his teacher only told me about it after I turned the car around and directly asked her about it. Had my son not notified me of the assault, I still would not know. No notification was sent home and neither parent was called. I went to school the next day to discuss the issue, and they said they could not see me until the following Monday. Money and appearances are all that matters here. If you want your kids at a school that knows how to make sure the boxes are checked for high ratings, but do not care about individual students well-being, this school would be a great choice. As for us, we are going to D11.

Posted September 15, 2013
Gold Camp Elementary is a school where students are encouraged to respect each other and to understand how they are connected to their community and their world. Teachers team up with parents to help students love learning and develop the independence they need to succeed. The principal is tough but compassionate. Parents are involved. And kids are curious and engaged. I am proud to be a Gold Camp parent. We bought our house mainly because it is near this school.

Posted August 26, 2013
This is our third year at Gold Camp and we couldn't be more pleased. Our kids started in second and third grades, and for each of them it was their third school. The transition went well and there has yet to be a day where either of them didn't want to go to school. There is only a small percentage of military children, but the teachers and staff do their best to be sensitive to and respectful of the special challenges military children face. The teachers we have had are professional and competent and the principal is enthusiastic and sincere.

Posted May 09, 2009
It's the best school I've seen in my many years of teaching. I love how they have a balance in academics and sports. They also are great at challenging the students who need more and assisting the kids who need a little more help. Each teacher there has their own unique personality and all work amazingly with each child. Unlike some schools Gold Camp has a music class, P.E., and Art. Gold Camp is the nicest school I've ever seen through out all my years of being a parent/teacher.

Gold Camp Elementary School 4

Posted September 19, 2008
If you are looking for academic greatness and activities available at the elementayr level then this school is top notch. It if an affluent school though! Be prepared for the girls to be very materialistic and the boys jocks. If your child doesn't fit in; they won't. There is constant drama for my daughter even though she seems to have a lot of friends, much different from my nieces school, Skyway, which is just one mile away. The teachers are pushed to work with the children and for excellenct CSAP scores however the greatness of teaching is a little questionable. Staff is awesome and if you come here be prepared to be involved, as you should be! Over all a great school I just hope the drama subsides when the kids move onto the JR. High.

Posted January 26, 2008
Gold Camp is a fantastic elementary school. From the principal, teachers, students and parents, there is nothing but excellence at this school My children are thriving. There is no student left behind. The atmosphere is down to earth, welcoming and the committed and caring teachers, well, we just can't say enough. This is a high quality school and I highly recommend it. Our oldest child did not receive this type of education at the nearby private school and had a lot of catching up to do when we pulled her out of that school and put her into Gold Camp. They have worked so hard with her to get her on the same level as the other children in her class. The parents at this school are very involved. Gold Camp, keep up the excellence!

Gold Camp Elementary School 4

Posted January 13, 2007
My husband and I have nothing but high praises for the school and staff. Since coming to this school, our oldest child has grown by leaps and bounds academically. This is a great environment for children to be challenged to do and be their best. Way to go Gold Camp.

Gold Camp Elementary School 2

Posted October 12, 2006
If you come to Goldcamp from a private school you will be disapointed. Large classroom size, disinterested teachers, and some pretty mean kids. If you haven't been here from kidegarten the kids,(girls and boys) are going to give you the cold shoulder. This school has been reading its own press reports. Go elswhere. You will hear the word 'bull' here a lot.

1805 Preserve Drive, Colorado Springs, CO  80906
Last modified Gold Camp Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.