Colorado Springs, CO

Audubon Elementary School 4

Posted September 09, 2014
My girls first year at here but so far so good. They have a lot of after school activities to join in as well as band or orchestra offered during the school day and Choir or math or science after school. As a working mom I was happy to find they have some things before school or during lunch the kids can do for an extracurricular. My kids like the breakfast and lunch and say their teachers are nice. I like the school planners.

Audubon Elementary School 1

Posted April 24, 2013
they give no recess to kids above 1st grade- only the little time they have left over from eating at lunch. very poor teacher communication, no encouragement for parent volunteers.

Audubon Elementary School 1

Posted November 17, 2012
My child's self esteem PLUMMETED under the influence of his teacher. The school refused to work with him after we discovered his special needs. He was bullied by two older boys and the school never did anything about it, either, but HE was suspended for blowing a raspberry at one teacher because he was so upset. Four other little boys in his class were also slapped with negative labels and, as well as my child, they would be verbally criticized *BY THE TEACHERS* in front of their peers and other parents. When I tried to give his teacher ideas of *tiny* ways to help him out in class, his teacher laughed in my face and told me, "I've been teaching long enough; I KNOW which students are what type of students," and dismissed me. The principal basically told my husband and I to figure out on our own where we would take him after the semester, that they wouldn't do anything for him. My child attends a top charter school now, and is EXCELLING academically (and the academics are even far more rigorous), his self esteem is now SOARING, and he is developing good relationships with his peers and actually believes in himself and WANTS to go to school every day.

Audubon Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
I have been completely impressed with the teachers and the principle at Audobon Elementary School

Audubon Elementary School 0

Posted August 31, 2009
great neighborhood school. Teachers are wonderful!

Audubon Elementary School 5

Posted February 23, 2007
Fantastic school, incredible student to teacher ration, small class sizes with students mixing with other grades if they are more advanced in a subject. FREE all day kindergen, involved principal, excellent after school activities that include chess, art, music, juggling, jump roping, basketball, news club, sport stacking, etc. I have loved everything about Audubon and I highly recommend it. It's a wonderful neighborhood school--with test scores on the rise, but I do not believe you should only look at test scores.

Audubon Elementary School 5

Posted May 25, 2006

Audubon Elementary School 3

Posted September 09, 2003

Audubon Elementary School
2400 East Van Buren St, Colorado Springs, CO  80909
Last modified Audubon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Audubon Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top