Bad
Good

Audubon Elementary School 2

Posted March 29, 2016
While I love my daughters teachers there are a few things that bother me about this school. 1. They allow large dogs on school property unleashed. I have contacted the principal and she brushed me off. Still see large potentially threatening animals on the property and no one says anything. 2. When my daughter was in kindergarten, her teacher taught religious matters that I don't agree with. If you are religious, wonderful. I am her mother and will decide was is appropriate. That should not be decided by her teacher. 3. My daughter was injured on a few occasions, including once where she was kicked in the face and had a large bruise and another time where she was knocked off a slide into the rocks and NO ONE told me. 4. While the office ladies are nice, the fact that they make decisions on whether my child can call me or not when she's clearly ill is ridiculous. My child's 1st grade teacher had her laying down on the floor in her classroom because the office ladies would not let her call home when she was sick. Now my daughter carries a cell phone with her. While I'm glad my daughter does well in this school and loves her teachers, I can't tell you how relievedI am that we'll be moving out of the district.

Audubon Elementary School 5

Posted September 11, 2015
This is a wonderful neighborhood school. The principal has been a member of this community for years and even attended this school herself. Very military friendly and lots of encouragement for parental participation. This is our second year at this school and I adore the teachers and the front office staff. I would defiantly recomend this school to anyone looking for a small and intimate elementary experience.

Audubon Elementary School 4

Posted September 09, 2014
My girls first year at here but so far so good. They have a lot of after school activities to join in as well as band or orchestra offered during the school day and Choir or math or science after school. As a working mom I was happy to find they have some things before school or during lunch the kids can do for an extracurricular. My kids like the breakfast and lunch and say their teachers are nice. I like the school planners.

Audubon Elementary School 1

Posted April 24, 2013
they give no recess to kids above 1st grade- only the little time they have left over from eating at lunch. very poor teacher communication, no encouragement for parent volunteers.

Audubon Elementary School 1

Posted November 17, 2012
My child's self esteem PLUMMETED under the influence of his teacher. The school refused to work with him after we discovered his special needs. He was bullied by two older boys and the school never did anything about it, either, but HE was suspended for blowing a raspberry at one teacher because he was so upset. Four other little boys in his class were also slapped with negative labels and, as well as my child, they would be verbally criticized *BY THE TEACHERS* in front of their peers and other parents. When I tried to give his teacher ideas of *tiny* ways to help him out in class, his teacher laughed in my face and told me, "I've been teaching long enough; I KNOW which students are what type of students," and dismissed me. The principal basically told my husband and I to figure out on our own where we would take him after the semester, that they wouldn't do anything for him. My child attends a top charter school now, and is EXCELLING academically (and the academics are even far more rigorous), his self esteem is now SOARING, and he is developing good relationships with his peers and actually believes in himself and WANTS to go to school every day.

Posted October 03, 2009
I have been completely impressed with the teachers and the principle at Audobon Elementary School

Posted August 31, 2009
great neighborhood school. Teachers are wonderful!

Audubon Elementary School 5

Posted February 23, 2007
Fantastic school, incredible student to teacher ration, small class sizes with students mixing with other grades if they are more advanced in a subject. FREE all day kindergen, involved principal, excellent after school activities that include chess, art, music, juggling, jump roping, basketball, news club, sport stacking, etc. I have loved everything about Audubon and I highly recommend it. It's a wonderful neighborhood school--with test scores on the rise, but I do not believe you should only look at test scores.

2400 East Van Buren Street, Colorado Springs, CO  80909
Last modified Audubon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.