Colorado Springs, CO

Buena Vista Elementary School 4

Posted January 08, 2014
Buena Vista is the only public Montessori elementary school in Colorado Springs. We have found the teachers incredibly engaged and helpful Teachers work with each child's particular learning style to get the most out of them for each subject and constantly challenge them. Our daughter is challenged to figure out tasks in her own way developing her ability for reasoning at a young age.

Posted August 21, 2013
Best public elementary in D 11- kids love to go to school every day- great teachers

Posted August 08, 2013
wonderful school - very caring staff, super nice administration, this is a smaller school where people still know the students names. The Montessori concept is wonderful. The kids are unlike other public elementary kids - they learn how to learn and most importantly they enjoy to learn. The classrooms are multi age communities not unlike a family with older and younger kids. The kids are not only learning academics but also social competence. A little oasis in the middle of an otherwise test number obsessed public school system.

Posted April 15, 2013
Both our children are thriving at BV, thanks to the passionate teachers and the Montessori classrooms. Academics matter to our family and also the encouragement and development of the whole child. Buena Vista Montessori offers both and a great school community. So glad D-11 has this excellent option in the public school system!

Posted October 12, 2012
I have all my 3 kids in Pre K and K and they all love it and so do I .I couldn't ask for a better school.

Posted August 06, 2010
My daughter came to BV two years ago and has absolutely thrived! The teachers know the kids and quickly get them any assistance that they need. The aides ensure that if a child needs some assistance during an assignment they get it. I volunteer regularly and will continue to do so. I have loved our experience and my child will continue to attend BV for the rest of her elementary years.

Posted May 05, 2010
It is a public Montessori school that respects the way children learn.

Buena Vista Elementary School 0

Posted April 20, 2010
Buena Vista is a vibrant, thriving learning environment. The kids are enthusiastic ant the teachers dynamic. As along time teacher BV restores my belief in the public schools.

Posted December 15, 2008
I am a parent of 2 children at Buena Vista Elementary, for 3 years now Buena Vista Elementary offers the only Tuition-Free Public Montessori Program in town (K-5th grade). We have paid tuition for our preschoolers to go to Buena Vista for it's Montessori Program. We chose a Montessori Education at Buena Vista Elementary for our children because it cultivates a desire to learn through sensory and experiential means, fostering greater conceptual understanding, rather than by rote learning. Buena Vista provides a non-competitive environment whereby mixed age groups and grades can work together to learn. Montessori Education also allows children to learn at their own rate, fostering confidence, independent thinking and a sense of internal reward for achievement. My children are exceeding their grade levels, in terms of achievement at Buena Vista, thanks to the excellent Montessori Certified teachers. We also have a fantastic Principal who is invested in BV.

Posted December 12, 2008
My son is a first year pre-k student and we are all very happy with Buena Vista. My son's teacher is extremely committed to her students and the staff from principal on down are excellent. We permit in and would not consider going any where else.

Buena Vista Elementary School
924 West Pikes Peak Ave, Colorado Springs, CO  80905
Last modified Buena Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Buena Vista Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top