Bad
Good

Our son recently graduated from Coronado and he had a great experience. The staff including teachers and administrators were friendly and supportive. He was able to take honors classes and CU gold classes which helped him earn college credit and also prepare him for the rigors of university work. We highly recommend Coronado!

My sons freshman year was a mess. He's very strong in math but this school could NOT get it together with the math teacher. He had over 13 teachers for the one year and I've complained many times to the Assistant Principle regarding this and was assured several times that they would be getting a permanent teacher. I did not speak with the Principal because the principal was only going to be there for the 1 year. They took the former Principal who made the school great out to help a failing school. My son's grade suffered and not until the last weeks of school did they hire someone. I lack faith in this school to the point that my two children will NOT continue their education. This is a place where are children are suppose to learn, grow and be prepared for college. Instead this school has failed and does not deserve high takings.

Over all Coronado is a pretty good school and has a lot of school spirit and pride. As far as the classes and teachers go it can be kind of a hit or miss, some of the teachers are really good at what they and do a good job at getting everyone involved and engaged but others seem to simply not care or have a hard time teaching their students. Another thing is if you're having a hard time with something its kind of hard to find someone to help and the only tutoring offered is in the library where you don't seem to always get the help you need. Last thing is while the principal this year was great he is being moved and we're getting a new one who may or may not be as good as our current one.

Great high school! Very spirited, has good teachers, good classes, and high academics. Go Coronado Cougars!

I am a sophomore at Coronado and I must say, it is amazing! Now, the academics isnt all THAT great, with a student teacher ration of like 35:1, but the school is very spirited and amazingly fun. Teachers are great, and you make friends easily because there are SO many students :)

Coronado HS has some excellent and very qualified teachers and a very few who could use another vocation. If you are a motivated student you can get a very good education here in preparation for college, If you have some academic challenges or lack maturity be prepared for a very difficult time. The Principal has recently changed but the previous Principal was pretty much hopeless and never wanted to deal with problems. The main weakness I have observed is the general willingness to allow students to languish without any intervention on the part of the teachers. If you are a parent with a student that struggles in one or more areas be prepared because you are going to have to shoulder the load.

I have never seen another school with as much spirit as mine has. Homecoming week is the biggest spirit week at school and we live it up to the fullest. Red and gold walks the halls for five days straight and on Saturday will invade Old Colorado City with our enthusiasm as we show off the biggest parade in the state. Our football stadium is packed beyond belief (even if our team hasn't won the homecoming game in 7 years) to show our school pride and support our players. Beyond homecoming, every friday is red and gold day and our spirit assemblies are louder than you can imagine, full participation required. When our basketball team makes it to play-offs we have the biggest away crowd even if we have to drive an hour to make it to the hosting school. Other schools might see us as obnoxious, but its really our cougar pride showing through. Our robotics team, Prostart, mock trial, wrestling team, and tennis team, along with many other school sponsored clubs and athletics have won competitions and awards from all over the state. I mean, where do you think Henry Cejudo came from?

This school is an awesome school. The have honors, AP, and Cougar Gold classes for accelerated students who are looking for a challenge and a wide variety of normal classes for regular students.Two exceptional qualities about Coronado are their electives and extracurriculars. They have tons of sports and clubs to get involved in and their electives range from video game constructing classes, to bowling, to basketweaving, to engineering, band orchastra and many more.

At Coronado High School, Colorado Springs, CO, the advanced science, math, english, and pre-engineering programs are outstanding and are taught by highly-capable instructors. Sure, students and parents must learn how to work with the high school and teachers, especially during difficult times, but I think that Coronado High School is one of the most competitive schools in the country. As evidence of this assertion, my daughter graduated in the Spring of 2006 and then was accepted to and has now successfully completed one year at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).

I have had 3 children at Coronado High School. The staff at this school have been consistently unresponsive to the need of my children. This school has enormous resources including a large budget but refuses to respond to the need of children or the input of parents. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Last modified Coronado High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.