Colorado Springs, CO

Posted February 07, 2012
I went here from the beginning-ish of the 2011 school year. I left in November. This school is horrible, they let the kids cuss, the teachers sometimes YELL at the students (I had 2 encounters of this), the kids are very inappropriate, nobody raises their hand to speak..All the kids are immature and all in their closed group, nobody cares if you are new. I had at least 5 friends. 3 of them were teachers, 1 was a kid who always insulted me and the other was gone because she had surgery. If you don't mind an EASY school that takes NO EFFORT to go through for your child, and a horrible environment..sure! Go ahead.

Sabin Middle School 4

Posted August 11, 2011
I am a student who attended Sabin for 2 years, and yes I came form "the Irving bunch" however my experience was nothing near to terrible. Irving was a great school and our sadness to leave it caused a problem in my 7th grade year with the students. I was in the SAIL program ( by far the best academic program I have ever attended, originally at Irving and one at Sabin) so my 7th grade year my teaches were all familiar. In my 8th grade year I had to say it was incredible! The students had forgotten the "ghetto Irving kids" and the staff had taken the peaceful opportunity to join the kids and staff as a big family. Sure there were fights, but that's the kid. I personally had a great time connecting with all the Sabin staff- truly a great way to end MS! Try it out- I liked it even coming from Irving, my initial school. Laveen K, former student

Posted May 02, 2011
This was the worst school I have ever attended. Yes, I was one of the many Irving kids moved over for my 8th grade year, but it was horrible. The school was engulfed by bullying. One day, I remember there being at least 10 fights in 1 day, one of which the cops had to be called. We were always blamed for "making their school ghetto" and "bringing gangs into their school." This blame was set on not only by the other students, but also by the teachers who had not been moved over from Irving. I wish my dad had never made me go to the school!!!

Posted November 15, 2010
Alot of people blame Sabins current state on irving kids moving there. i am a student who previously attended Irving and i have to say irving was way better. The staff at this school are mean and undermining. Alot of my friends (who didnt go to irving) have missed more days than me but because my aunt died and i was gone 3 days for the out-of-state funeral my mom recieved a contract threatening to give me detetion, take my permit, or even take us to court just because ive missed 5 days. Im happy to say i will be switching schools next semester and get away from constant threats from staff and students.

Posted October 22, 2010
This school is horrible. They do not address bullying (which is rampant daily), and the academics are far from challenging. My child was absolutely bored and although he tested high enough for the gifted and talented program, he was never placed in it, despite numerous promises to do so. I could not consider myself a good parent if I continued to allow my student to go there.

Posted July 05, 2010
I absolutely hate this school. i know that many parents like this school, but most of them are parents of students that did not attend irving. Students that attend Irving have been bullied and blamed for almost every problem that occurs. It is much of the distrects fault because they did not think of Irvings massive population being inside Sabin. That caused many problems. Irving students are blamed for being bad influences and "drugging the whole school," according to the principal. Statistically, Sabin, before Irving's move, had twice as many drug and achohol users as Irving. Sabin staff has almost suspended to best friends for hugging in the hall ways acusing them of "displaying lesbian affection" and when confronted with bullying, they either ignore it or acnolage it but do nothing when it comes to Irving students. The only upside is the SAIL program.

Sabin Middle School 2

Posted April 30, 2010
I have noticed that there is more kids dressing in gang colors and there is unnecessary bullying going on since the beginning of this 2009-2010 school year when Irving kids were brought in. Its disappointing!

Posted April 14, 2010
My child has attended Sabin this year. I am looking to permit her somewhere else. It has been nothing but a headache since day one. no communication. everytime I tried to talk to someone no one was ever there. Always at court ( which was a bit scarry to hear) The teachers were hard to get a hold of. The fights were out of control. My hild did not feel safe at times and was told to call a number on the back of her ID card.... like thats going to help when being threatened to be 'jumped.' Yhe school has gone down hill since it merged wit Irving students. I hope I can find a safe school that I can trust my child with for next year.

Posted October 16, 2009

Sabin Middle School 4

Posted August 28, 2008
I permitted my daughter and my son here. He went 2 years and she is starting her second year now. I was not satisfied with the regular ed. for my son as there were few if any advanced classes for him and very little communication with teachers unless you were at the school constantly (still waiting on replies to emails from last year) but the sped program for my daughter has been excellent for her! She has made great strides and is getting more than I had thought she would get here!!

Sabin Middle School
3605 North Carefree Circle, Colorado Springs, CO  80917
Last modified Sabin Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sabin Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top