Colorado Springs, CO

Henry Elementary School 5

Posted November 06, 2014
The staff at Patrick Henry Elementary School is focused on improving student achievement in a safe, supportive environment. Classroom teachers, working cooperatively in grade level teams, present a standards based aligned curriculum kindergarten fifth grade. Henry provides a gifted and talented program as well as an after school tutoring support program to meet the needs of all students. Patrick Henry encourages parental and community support through a variety of programs and opportunities. Involvement at the school includes our Parent-Teacher Organization, the Building Advisory Accountability Committee, and the District Advisory Accountability Committee, as well as numerous opportunities to assist in the classroom and building. Clearly the poster from Oct. 30 has a bone to pick with this school, but we've never had any problems with Henry. Love it! And the principal is an amazing, gentle person.

Henry Elementary School 1

Posted October 30, 2014
Let's start with the principal, he dose not care for the students, there is no leader ship from the principal. There are no real programs that challenge the children attending, and if a child needs a bit more attention or help on a subject don't expect them to receive it. I mean this school just let my child walk off with another family and didn't care. 5 hours my child was missing and all I got from the principal and the office attendant was "sorry we let him go, we don't know who he left with or what we can really do at this point". Since the principal has been in charged at the school the overall academic program has dropped significantly and as long as he is there the kids will be lacking behind compared to the neighboring schools. I strongly suggest to think twice before letting your kids attend Patric Henry Elementary School.

Henry Elementary School 0

Posted December 18, 2008
Our child has been going to Patrick Henry for 2 years now. In pre school we had no problems, but now that he started kindergarden we have had nothing but problems. The latest, he was suspended for the day because he yelled out in class and was acting silly according to the referral we got when we picked him up. I have never heard of a child (especially a 5 year old) getting suspended for yelling out in class and acting silly. I am glad we are taking him out of this school, I forsee nothing but more problems.

Posted May 27, 2006
The staff were extremely helpful with my son's needs.

Posted April 17, 2006
My 1st gradrer has been here since hindergarten. He has done well and enjoyed the school. It is lacking a gifted and talented program.

Posted April 13, 2006
Henry Elementary has great programs and is a high caliber school. We are a military family, and were attracted to Henry because of the high academic standards that are set, and met. The school has outstanding teachers, who go above and beyond the call of duty to meet the children's needs. Our daughter has attended Henry for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade and in class the teachers have challenged her to learn and grow. Parents are given the opportunity to be involved in may ways throughout the year, either in your child's classroom or in other areas of the buildling. The teachers and school staff are caring and sensitive to all the students needs and take the childrens safety very seriously. Henry Elementary is a wonderful school with many great programs.

Henry Elementary School
1310 Lehmberg Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO  80915
Last modified Henry Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Henry Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top