Colorado Springs, CO

Holmes Middle School 1

Posted December 18, 2014
I am a student at holmes and i have noticed that not only teachers dont teach but kids dont learn ANYTHING because their learning standards are so 20th century there is almost no technology and being used to a DODEA 21ist century learning this seems VERY below their double accelerated program atleast in 6th grade does not teach any us ANYTHING and because of that were not only not learning but actually falling below the average students because were not learning 6 nor 7 grade level math. In LA they only use the actual teacher to teach NOTHING and i think i can talk for everyone we all feel like were in a classroom with NO resources available

Posted April 24, 2014
Holmes is such a great school!!!! The teachers treat you so kindly and all of your classmates feel like family!!!! Holmes has great extra curricular activities like art, technology and home-ec!!! The sport teams are coached by great coaches and are so fun to be on! I can't imagine a better middle school!!!!!

Posted December 19, 2011
Holmes Middle School is amazing. I go there now. The teachers know what they're doing and are nice. The band program is exceptional. There are lots of extracurricular activities and the school consistently scores well on state tests. The school is safe with hardly any fights or drug problems. Go there, and you'll be happy you did.

Holmes Middle School 1

Posted May 27, 2011
Holmes is not even one of ten of Colorado's top middle schools I do not believe the school is so great but I know the teachers are.

Holmes Middle School

Posted May 06, 2010
Holmes really prepared my daughter for high school. The teachers are great and really care about the kids!

Posted November 14, 2009
Holmes is such a great school!!! Our teachers are committed to giving the best education possible, and the school is a clean, safe environment.

Posted April 03, 2009
Holmes is an excellent school. It consistently scores in tests as one of the best middle schools in the city and state compared to similar schools. The teachers are committed to helping the students learn and improve. They recently overwhelmingly voted to use money, they could have had as a bonus, for computers the school needs and programs to help students. Most of the sports are no-cut, meaning all those who want are accepted on the teams. There's also math, science, history, yearbook, etc. activities. Communication between staff and parents is excellent, and both staff and parents work to make it even better.

Posted February 08, 2008
An excellent school for extra curricular activities and academics.

Holmes Middle School 4

Posted November 05, 2003
I think that Holmes is a good school, and most of the teachers are good. I think whoever wrote the pervious comment should take a closer look at how many teachers really teach and ignore the very few that don't excatly know what they are doing.

Posted November 05, 2003
I think Holmes is a great school for me! I'm social but I mantain a semi straight A student. The teachers are very understanding and know what they're teaching! I love all the extracurriculars they have, too. I'm an editor of this years yearbook and I will hopfully will make the basketball team again this year!

Holmes Middle School
2455 Mesa Rd, Colorado Springs, CO  80904
Last modified Holmes Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Holmes Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top