Colorado Springs, CO

Posted July 24, 2009
My 2 sons went to Keller in 1st and 2nd grade. They came from a very small school, so this was a big change for them. Now 5 years later, they both still talk about how great this school, teachers, students and Mr. Callahan were to them. They learned more because of the teacher interaction than I could ever have imagined.

Posted June 16, 2008
Both of my children have attended Keller. We have had wonderful experiances with teachers and the principal. The arts and enrichment programs are the best that I have seen and my children have grown so much with the exposure they have had with them. I with that my children were able to finish their elementary education at Keller but we are moving. The only thing that I wish would be different or could have been different for my children were that they had actual walls up not just the fake ones (but that problem is getting fixed over the summer). This is also the school I attended as a child and still was very impressed with how wonderful the programs (art, music, and the physical education) were and how much they had grown. I would recomend this school to others.

Keller Elementary School 3

Posted January 10, 2006
I have a third grader who has now been at Keller for her second year now. It was an adjustment coming to Keller after leaving Columbia Elementary which was a lot smaller and less chaotic. I have mixed emotion on the school. Principal Callahan is a very professional administrator and he has my upmost respect. My third grader's teacher seems to disregard most issues that my student has and seems to brush her education aside (she is in special ed. groups). Along with peer complications daily, my kid is feeling very bad about herself and I have never seen her attitude so poor since she has attended Keller. It is a very largely populated arena, so these type of issues are more relavent. It is just unfortunate when it is your child suffering the consequences. Thanks for listening.

Keller Elementary School 1

Posted March 31, 2005
Would not recommend this very confusing and unconcerned environment.

Posted March 16, 2005
I think that the Helen Keller Elementary School is a very good school. The teachers seem very engaged in their work, and the parents are involved in the classrooms. The principal is available to students and parents. My only concern is the physical set up of the building. The school was originally designed for open classrooms and team teaching, and the remnants of this are the noisy classrooms.

Keller Elementary School 2

Posted February 23, 2004
I am very unhappy with this school. My daughter is in 1st grade and she comes home telling me how distracting it is in class because there are 'no walls' on the classroom. She said, 'I cant even concentrate because I can hear the other classroom!' This is disturbing to me. I will be enrolling her to another school come 2nd grade, however.

Keller Elementary School 0

Posted February 04, 2004
I attend Keller right now. I am in fifth grade and have been going here since kindergarten. Keller is a wonderful school. All the teachers are friendly and helpful. Mr. Callahan is very involved and knows almost all the kids by names. My sister and I have had good teachers.

Keller Elementary School
3730 Montbello Dr, Colorado Springs, CO  80918
Last modified Keller Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Keller Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top