Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted March 23, 2016
I just came across this site as I was looking for homes. My child is in Kindergarten this year and we have been very happy with his education at Midland. This year there are two Kindergarten teachers, Mrs. Shaw and Mrs. Wykoff. They both have taught Kindergarten for a long time and you can tell that they really enjoy doing it. My child comes home feeling cared for and excited about what he learned that day and I am so thankful for that. They send home this BEE Book each day that tells me how my son did that day, and tells me some great information. Every time I come to the school, Mrs. Wykoff and Mrs. Shaw greet me with a big smile, which feels good as a teacher. The other grades seem good too but I am most impressed with Kindergarten. I am so thankful that we found this school as we live many miles away from the school. We researched and looked at many schools and this school was the best fit for our child. We could not be happier. If you are looking into Kindergarten for your child, this is definitely a place to try out. You won't be sorry!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 23, 2016
Thank you, Mrs. Shaw and Mrs. Wykoff! It really seems like your students love you!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted March 23, 2016
Daily homework is optional in Kindergarten here, but my son is always excited to do it. My son is expected to read a small book at home each week but this is very fun to hear him read.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted March 23, 2016
My son is learning more challenging material than I ever thought a Kindergarteners would. I am very impressed with his academic progress and willingness to work hard to figure something out.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted March 23, 2016
Midland is an IB school, so they focus on the IB attitudes, which are like empathy, and curiosity, and integrity. It is pretty cool to hear your 5 year old say, "Look! I just showed commitment!"

Posted April 25, 2015
My child is in Kindergarten this year and has had an incredible experience. Mrs. Shaw is probably one of the best teachers in the nation to be honnest. She is kind, warm, and gentle, but also inspires her students to do incredible things. There is no one else I feel more safe dropping my child off to every day. I know my son will be well taken care of! My son came in and only knew 2 letters on his first test, but now he is reading small books and all of the car signs as we drive by. He is sad every time there is no school, which is always a good sign. I am recommending that my sister who has two children, one in 3rd and one in 4th, come to this school because I hear that all of the teachers are great here. It is a small school, and the principal is very kind. Overall I couldn't have picked a better school to have my child in. I am very thankful for Midland.

Midland Elementary School 3

Posted March 12, 2015
I love Midland, for k-2. So far not sure how I feel about 3rd . We are considering moving our kids to another school next year. My 3rd grader has had a difficult time this year , and I don't know what to think about it . I know that my student has a learning issue , and we are taking care of it , but something weird has happened to my 3rd grader, that has changed the eagerness to want to learn that was there for the other grades, but I will say it started towards the end of 2nd grade and has only gotten worse this year. I am frustrated with not knowing what has turned my 3rd grader into not wanting to learn or show the school how much he really has learned . But I will not rest until I have solved the mystery , so I say parents be ware, not all the kids are treated equal in this school .

Posted November 13, 2014
Midland is a great school for kids to excel in learning. My daughter is in first grade and she reads at a 3rd graders level. All of the kids are respectful and very responsible. Midland teaches the students I.B. attitudes every month and teach them how to apply them in every day situations. I love Midland and will recommend it to everyone I know.

Posted November 13, 2014
My child's school is one of the best schools in the Springs. The teachers are like no other, the staff is so inviting and welcoming, and the principal is so hard working, friendly and relates with the kids. I love Midland and all the staff.

Posted November 13, 2014
This school is the best school i have sent my child to so far. She has friends outside the school and their parents don't like the school their kid is in.

2110 Broadway Street, Colorado Springs, CO  80904
Last modified Midland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.