Colorado Springs, CO

Posted April 25, 2015
My child is in Kindergarten this year and has had an incredible experience. Mrs. Shaw is probably one of the best teachers in the nation to be honnest. She is kind, warm, and gentle, but also inspires her students to do incredible things. There is no one else I feel more safe dropping my child off to every day. I know my son will be well taken care of! My son came in and only knew 2 letters on his first test, but now he is reading small books and all of the car signs as we drive by. He is sad every time there is no school, which is always a good sign. I am recommending that my sister who has two children, one in 3rd and one in 4th, come to this school because I hear that all of the teachers are great here. It is a small school, and the principal is very kind. Overall I couldn't have picked a better school to have my child in. I am very thankful for Midland.

Midland Elementary School 3

Posted March 12, 2015
I love Midland, for k-2. So far not sure how I feel about 3rd . We are considering moving our kids to another school next year. My 3rd grader has had a difficult time this year , and I don't know what to think about it . I know that my student has a learning issue , and we are taking care of it , but something weird has happened to my 3rd grader, that has changed the eagerness to want to learn that was there for the other grades, but I will say it started towards the end of 2nd grade and has only gotten worse this year. I am frustrated with not knowing what has turned my 3rd grader into not wanting to learn or show the school how much he really has learned . But I will not rest until I have solved the mystery , so I say parents be ware, not all the kids are treated equal in this school .

Posted November 13, 2014
Midland is a great school for kids to excel in learning. My daughter is in first grade and she reads at a 3rd graders level. All of the kids are respectful and very responsible. Midland teaches the students I.B. attitudes every month and teach them how to apply them in every day situations. I love Midland and will recommend it to everyone I know.

Posted November 13, 2014
My child's school is one of the best schools in the Springs. The teachers are like no other, the staff is so inviting and welcoming, and the principal is so hard working, friendly and relates with the kids. I love Midland and all the staff.

Posted November 13, 2014
This school is the best school i have sent my child to so far. She has friends outside the school and their parents don't like the school their kid is in.

Posted November 13, 2014
Midland is excellent. The principal is so involved with the students. Helps them out when needed Staff is very friendly. Everyone knows everyone. Staff knows every kids parents. Love the school.

Posted November 13, 2014
Midland is a great school. my niece goes there and she is so smart. Not just book smart but socially smart. When my kid is of age no matter whether i live in the area or not i will enroll him there.

Posted November 05, 2014
Midland is a fantastic place if you are looking for a diverse yet academically rigorous program. We recently moved back to the states from 11 years abroad and have been amazed at the support the staff has given to our kids during their adjustment. The principal, Mr. Cramer, has taught in several countries and brings this broad world-view to his leadership. Mrs. Jernigan, the third grade teacher and Mrs. Zimmerman the first grade teacher are so patient yet eager to see each child reach their potential. This school is truly a supportive community that seeks to build into each child and family. The values in the IB program are woven creatively into lessons and the school spirit. I can't recommend this gem of a school enough.

Posted January 17, 2014
My daughter is in Kindergarten this year at Midland and I couldn't ask for a better experience! Mrs. Shaw is the Kindergarten teacher there, and her smile literally is the most welcoming thing I have ever seen! She is crazy organized, sends home a binder full of information each day, and gives the students countless opportunities to not only grow academically, but also socially and emotionally. The entire community of Midland is unique because it is an I.B. school, meaning that they get to focus on what a learner looks like and look at other cultures across the world. I would never choose another school to send my kids to. This is by far the best Kindergarten experience a child could have! And I can't wait to have my daughter continue through the school because I can tell that the other teachers are great too! Mr. Cramer, the principal, is super friendly and treats all students with respect! Please come and check out this amazing school!

Posted August 11, 2013
My daughter was in Kindergarten last year and showed more progress in every aspect of her life than we could have imagined! The class size started out huge because of how amazing of a teacher Mrs. Shaw is, but then they split at semester so there was a smaller class size. Even with a big class size Mrs. Shaw did more amazing activities and performances than I could have imagined - it didn't feel like a huge class at all! But I have friends that have kids in older grades here as well, and they have nothing but great things to say. Mr. Cramer is a very personable principal, the teachers all care for ALL of the students, and the entire school is a positive and happy place to be. My daughter would be SO sad each day that they didn't have school - which feels good as a Mom! If you are looking for a school, Midland should really be on your top of your list! Kindergarten is amazing but any grade is amazing here too! You won't be sad!

Midland Elementary School
2110 West Broadway St, Colorado Springs, CO  80904
Last modified Midland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Midland Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top