Colorado Springs, CO

Posted November 13, 2014
Midland is a great school for kids to excel in learning. My daughter is in first grade and she reads at a 3rd graders level. All of the kids are respectful and very responsible. Midland teaches the students I.B. attitudes every month and teach them how to apply them in every day situations. I love Midland and will recommend it to everyone I know.

Posted November 13, 2014
My child's school is one of the best schools in the Springs. The teachers are like no other, the staff is so inviting and welcoming, and the principal is so hard working, friendly and relates with the kids. I love Midland and all the staff.

Posted November 13, 2014
This school is the best school i have sent my child to so far. She has friends outside the school and their parents don't like the school their kid is in.

Posted November 13, 2014
Midland is excellent. The principal is so involved with the students. Helps them out when needed Staff is very friendly. Everyone knows everyone. Staff knows every kids parents. Love the school.

Posted November 13, 2014
Midland is a great school. my niece goes there and she is so smart. Not just book smart but socially smart. When my kid is of age no matter whether i live in the area or not i will enroll him there.

Posted November 05, 2014
Midland is a fantastic place if you are looking for a diverse yet academically rigorous program. We recently moved back to the states from 11 years abroad and have been amazed at the support the staff has given to our kids during their adjustment. The principal, Mr. Cramer, has taught in several countries and brings this broad world-view to his leadership. Mrs. Jernigan, the third grade teacher and Mrs. Zimmerman the first grade teacher are so patient yet eager to see each child reach their potential. This school is truly a supportive community that seeks to build into each child and family. The values in the IB program are woven creatively into lessons and the school spirit. I can't recommend this gem of a school enough.

Posted January 17, 2014
My daughter is in Kindergarten this year at Midland and I couldn't ask for a better experience! Mrs. Shaw is the Kindergarten teacher there, and her smile literally is the most welcoming thing I have ever seen! She is crazy organized, sends home a binder full of information each day, and gives the students countless opportunities to not only grow academically, but also socially and emotionally. The entire community of Midland is unique because it is an I.B. school, meaning that they get to focus on what a learner looks like and look at other cultures across the world. I would never choose another school to send my kids to. This is by far the best Kindergarten experience a child could have! And I can't wait to have my daughter continue through the school because I can tell that the other teachers are great too! Mr. Cramer, the principal, is super friendly and treats all students with respect! Please come and check out this amazing school!

Posted August 11, 2013
My daughter was in Kindergarten last year and showed more progress in every aspect of her life than we could have imagined! The class size started out huge because of how amazing of a teacher Mrs. Shaw is, but then they split at semester so there was a smaller class size. Even with a big class size Mrs. Shaw did more amazing activities and performances than I could have imagined - it didn't feel like a huge class at all! But I have friends that have kids in older grades here as well, and they have nothing but great things to say. Mr. Cramer is a very personable principal, the teachers all care for ALL of the students, and the entire school is a positive and happy place to be. My daughter would be SO sad each day that they didn't have school - which feels good as a Mom! If you are looking for a school, Midland should really be on your top of your list! Kindergarten is amazing but any grade is amazing here too! You won't be sad!

Posted August 04, 2013
This school set my child off on SUCH a great foot! The I.B. program here is very strong, yet the school is very grounded in a lot of important academic principles. My son was in Kindergarten last year, and Miss Anderson (now Mrs. Shaw) really pushed him to grow more than I thought he ever could. To hear that my Kindergartener was typing stories, giving presentations, helping to make rubrics, and making persuasive speeches was astounding! Midland may not look as "fancy" on the outside, but I look forward to sending all of my children there as they grow! What a blessed place to learn and be! I am privileged to be a Midland parent!

Posted June 03, 2013
Love this School!!! I am sad to be leaving this Amazing school. My daughter started going to school here back in 2010 and we could not be more happy with her education or her social development! The staff and Principal are the best always involved always pushing the students to learn and to care for and respect one another. The award ceremonies the would have every month for the students were so much fun and so encouraging they would have all the kids cheer on there fellow classmates getting awards it was great! Love the small class sizes and the one on one the students get with their teachers. I have to give a big thanks to Mrs. York, Mrs. Fletcher, Mrs. Jernigan, Mrs. Estrada and Principal Jeremy Cramer. They maid this school more than just a school for us they maid this a place where I could feel good knowing my daughter was safe and getting the best education. The I.B program was new to me but I must say now that I know how it works I am looking forward to finding a school in California that has the I.B program because it has a great impact on the students. I am sad that we are leaving such a great school but we are so very thankful to have had Three great years here.

Midland Elementary School
2110 West Broadway St, Colorado Springs, CO  80904
Last modified Midland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Midland Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top