Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

The school is horrible. They let boys rap handicap girls and they get away with it. There blaming parents for there wrong doings and they let bully's bully other kids and they erase the evidence off of there severity tapes. One girl last year was rapped in the school bathroom. And know she's pregnant. The school nurse not reporting to families on kids meds no nothing. The girl that was rapped in Mitchell high her name is Amber Nelson. Never send your kid to this high school.

Amount of homework: Agree

They need to learn as much as they can for the real world, they need all the education they can get before college

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Making untrue statement to dhs and the sheriffs department on a girl who was rapped in there school.

I'm starting school here tomarrow and I'm known new nervus Palmer wanted take me so I have go here I'm a senior I hope I really hope nothing goes wrong in m from Texas thought to be very respectful to teachers and if anything happens I don't want to be in that spot

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

They are ineffective because they don't undersand poverty. Not because they are not good teachers. Our programs have got to get more stricter and meet the needs of these students.

Amount of homework: Agree

We really need better AVID programs. My son still doesn't know how to organize or study that welll. We need low ratio so that the teacher can give one on one help.

Develops character: Disagree

Counslers are not effective here. They do not make sure the students are in the right courses. Students who may not have taken a day of Algebra may end up in a Algebra 4 class. They lie about what the teachers are going to do. These teachers look at you crazy. They expect your student to know the basics and forget turtoring. What a waste. Teacher's here wear so many other hats , even int tutoring the students are left alone not really being tutored.

I feel like Mitchell is a decent school however the teachers are not teaching the majority of the students at their level. Truth is yes this school has more kids on a elementary reading level but they are being taught over there head which caused many of them to have to attend summer school if they want to pass. I noticed that most kids who get retained end up dropping out of school all together. I feel like they teachers don't gel together. I also feel like you have more teachers who teach at a college level. There is alot of gangs, bullying and fights that go on here. I am pulling my son out no matter what this year because I know he is a smart kid and has the ability to learn and pass. Being in this trifling environment I feel has not corrupted him, but he so busy playing survival he struggles in this school. I noticed that the teachers from summer school are teachers who break down concepts and the kids get it!!!!! I asked where majority of these teachers teach. Most say Palmer or Doughtery. Now imagine that. These schools have had some problems with teen drugs and death but they still are the a couple of the best high schools in the local area. I am speaking from experience as a teacher. My oldest child went here and you would have think I would have learned. If it weren't due to having a house in the area I would have taken them both out. My student wants to attend college. It has been a very hard decision but I am moving without regret so that he has a chance to be in a school that will not let him fall through the cracks 1

I was nervous to put my daughter into this school because it is not in a good area of town. But I am happy with the school and the teachers. My daughter loves it there. She has made a lot of friends and her grades are good. They have a lot to offer.

From a teacher's point of view...My daughter taught at this school for a year and she said it was the worst experience she's ever had. She said most of the kids are at a fourth grade level education while many of them can hardly read or write. When she first started there, the other teachers warned her that she couldn't expect nearly the same things from these students as the other schools she had taught at and that they were strongly encouraged to pass them regardless of their grades so that Mitchell would not be shut down. The teachers would actually be reprimanded if they gave out too many failing grades. She also said that the parent involvement was terrible and that many of the kids were completely unruly and the school wouldn't back her when she tried to enforce discipline. Even the good students couldn't learn because of the behavior of the disruptive students. She would sometimes go home in tears because of her frustration. I believe a school should be accountable and people deserve to have the insider facts about this school, not just what parents and students see. If you value your child's education, don't send them to Mitchell.

Last modified Mitchell High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.