Public charter
Colorado Springs, CO
After care: No

Roosevelt Edison Charter School 3

Posted October 15, 2013
They're out at 1:30 on Fridays...why? I don't know I wonder the same thing. Office staff is wonderful. Principal is clueless, the director is wonderful, the nurse is awesome. Many of the teachers seem more like young college students than adults. You will get screamed at in front of your children when trying to enter the building (there is a buzz-in entry, I attempted to push the button to enter and a pitbull of a teacher screamed at me in front of my children-she thought I was just opening the door without buzzing). I have been yelled at by several staff members, when using a normal mature adult tone would suffice (I am a respectable and respectful woman and do not need to be yelled at for any reason). It bothers me that the standards are not set very high. We have very high standards.

Roosevelt Edison Charter School 1

Posted April 21, 2013
This is a terrible school. The principal does not interact with the students on a daily basis, and he caters to the parents when he should be backing up his teachers. Parents need to be more involved at this school.

Roosevelt Edison Charter School 2

Posted January 06, 2012
Not very happy with the way that this school handles bullying situations. They are also nowhere near being on the same page,or even the same book, about who, what, when, etc.... Regarding any conflicks with kids.

Posted March 13, 2010
I looooooooooooove this school.. Plus there are so many great teachers for example the PE teachers Mrs.Gish and Mr.Gossage. Music teachers Mr. Barela and Ms.Trimalio.Art teachers Mr. Dreher and Ms.Leniger.

Posted August 25, 2009
I have two kids that go to this school. I love this school. The staff go out of their way to work with the parents and kids on their level. My oldest has mild Autism and the school has helped him improve his social skills greatly, and they have come up with creative ways to teach him. They have also given me ideas and ways to help him at home. None of the kids have bullied or made fun of him, they tend to help him out when they can, they also treat him like he's a normal kid. I hope that we don't move until after they graduate out of this school!

Posted August 28, 2007
My daughter has been attending Roosevelt since kindergarten and is now in the 4th grade. I have been very impressed with the communication between the school and the parents, and with the way that academics are focused on. I would recommend any parent to send their child there! Kimberlee Harmouzi

Posted July 19, 2007

Posted September 02, 2005
I was very impressed with the turn out at the Open House, there were oh so many parents. All the parents were talking to the teachers and school officials finding out information about the coming year and what to expect. The teachers at the school are very warm, inviting, and determined. So far I am glad to have enrolled my children in Roosevelt-Edison.

Roosevelt Edison Charter School
205 South Byron Dr, Colorado Springs, CO  80910
Last modified Roosevelt Edison Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roosevelt Edison Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top