Bad
Good

I've been struggling with this school for years my kids are not thriving here. I find it over populated. They are also quick to label your child if they are not thriving. I would like to be more involved as a parent but parent nights and activities are so chaotic I gave up going because there is not enough room and everyone talks so you can't hear anything. I don't recommend I'm looking for a new school

33-36 students in most classes, including kindergarten! Too many students! 700 students, mostly ELL, with very little academic support outside of classroom. Way too much focus on test scores! Will leave after the 2014-2015 school year.

They're out at 1:30 on Fridays...why? I don't know I wonder the same thing. Office staff is wonderful. Principal is clueless, the director is wonderful, the nurse is awesome. Many of the teachers seem more like young college students than adults. You will get screamed at in front of your children when trying to enter the building (there is a buzz-in entry, I attempted to push the button to enter and a pitbull of a teacher screamed at me in front of my children-she thought I was just opening the door without buzzing). I have been yelled at by several staff members, when using a normal mature adult tone would suffice (I am a respectable and respectful woman and do not need to be yelled at for any reason). It bothers me that the standards are not set very high. We have very high standards.

This is a terrible school. The principal does not interact with the students on a daily basis, and he caters to the parents when he should be backing up his teachers. Parents need to be more involved at this school.

Not very happy with the way that this school handles bullying situations. They are also nowhere near being on the same page,or even the same book, about who, what, when, etc.... Regarding any conflicks with kids.

I looooooooooooove this school.. Plus there are so many great teachers for example the PE teachers Mrs.Gish and Mr.Gossage. Music teachers Mr. Barela and Ms.Trimalio.Art teachers Mr. Dreher and Ms.Leniger.

I have two kids that go to this school. I love this school. The staff go out of their way to work with the parents and kids on their level. My oldest has mild Autism and the school has helped him improve his social skills greatly, and they have come up with creative ways to teach him. They have also given me ideas and ways to help him at home. None of the kids have bullied or made fun of him, they tend to help him out when they can, they also treat him like he's a normal kid. I hope that we don't move until after they graduate out of this school!

My daughter has been attending Roosevelt since kindergarten and is now in the 4th grade. I have been very impressed with the communication between the school and the parents, and with the way that academics are focused on. I would recommend any parent to send their child there! Kimberlee Harmouzi

Last modified Roosevelt Edison Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.