Colorado Springs, CO

Russell Middle School 1

Posted March 15, 2013
Not happy with this school. A lot of bullying and no action to correct or ensuring that corrective actions are working. My grand-daugher comes home in tears every day, being picked on, yelled at, teased & called names. She was even slammed into her locker. I now understand why so many parents are electing home schooling.

Russell Middle School 2

Posted October 15, 2012
We have not been happy with this school. We had an issue with the principal not being very smart with choosing the words she uses to define some students. We also had many problems with getting our child challenged there and even got an "Oh, your student will do even better the second time doing this class." from the vice principal when we were trying to have our child not repeat a class. Also, for a performing arts school it is unfortunate that they struggle to keep their drama program there. We will not be sending our younger kids there in the future. Thank goodness for choices!

Posted May 18, 2012
We love Russell Middle School. We choiced in last year & have been very happy here. My daughter loves her teachers, especially her band instructor. I love the principal, she's able to have fun, smile, interact with the kids but doesn't put up with any misbehavior. Would and have recommended this school to others.

Russell Middle School 2

Posted August 17, 2011
With one child going through Russell all three years with no issues at all, we figured putting the next child through with no issues but she barely made it through 6th grade. Matter of fact, after during Christmas Break we ended up pulling her immediately and homeschooling her. She came home in tears every day, was picked on, yelled at, teased, called names, off and on school grounds. As a parent, and writing several notes to teachers and staff...with no results, I wasn't going to allow my beautiful talented child to suffer any longer. Best decision we made, is to homeschool though 6th grade, now she attend A.A.C.L. and her whole world is bright and happy again. We loved Russell, but my oldest daughter class was probably one of the last great classes to pass through with integrity, honesty, caring, little people. So sad Russell has gone down the toilet. : (

Posted August 05, 2010
Love the teachers and great attitudes. Always willing to help even when the toughest situation arrised. Thank you Russell staff!

Posted March 16, 2010
I think russell is the greatest middle school becuse of the inviorment and all the fun classes they provide for us.

Posted August 25, 2009
I am so proud to be a teacher at Russell Middle School! The excellent leadership, committed teaching staff and impressive arts program all help make this a great school!

Posted August 24, 2009
The best thing about this school is the consistency. Wigh discipline, safety, academics, etc. the policies are upheld.

Posted August 24, 2009

Russell Middle School 0

Posted August 23, 2009
My daughter attends on permit and I am so glad we chose Russell. There is a lot of pride, great staff and THE BEST PRINCIPAL that makes Russell the awesome school that it is!

Russell Middle School
3825 Montbello Dr, Colorado Springs, CO  80918
Last modified Russell Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Russell Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top