Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My son now goes to an elementary in Cherry Creek school district and he was so behind on the curriculum after attending Steele that he had to go to tutoring two days a week the entire school year to get caught up. We didn't even know if he was going to be able to pass second grade. The teacher at Steele isolated his desk in the middle of the class because he didn't socialize with the other kids. She was a first time teacher and wasn't able to recognize that he had focusing issues. I honestly don't know how this school is rated so high. I would never recommend this school, even to my worst enemy.

Awesome school! My kids love it. They have both excelled in their reading, writing, and math. The parents participate very actively and the culture is very open minded. Fortunately, they still focus on art and music as well as the primary subjects, so the students receive a very well rounded education. We are very pleased with Steele.

Way too political. His teacher made him go up to the chalk board and write who he would vote for PRESIDENT... THIS WAS AFTER THE TEACHER WENT UP TO THE BOARD AND WROTE HER CHOICE AS OBAMA!!! Disgusting, there is no plausible explanation whay the teacher would do this. We tried to talk to administration and we were stone walled. The teacher was never disciplined, nor was any action EVER taken. We have heard multiple other stories like this from other parents. Unfortunately when a TENURED D-11 teacher is disciplined, there will be NO RAMIFICATIONS.... If you want your child BRAINWASHED in progressive thinking, then STEELE is the school for you!

A safe school and seems to have a good program and dedicated teachers. Doesn't seem to be on the ball when it comes to children with learning issues, but overall a good solid school. PTA is very active.

Transferred my kindergartner from T___r to Steele. Entering Steele, my kid's standardized tests were horrible. Three weeks later all but one of his scores are above the scheduled standard. I noticed a big difference in his knowledge of letters and words soon after starting at Steele. I attribute this mostly to the school. I'm impressed. One thing I didn't like about T___r's splitting the kindergarten class was that the selection criteria (by enrollment date) looked, at least to me, geared to get the lower performing kids into the new kindergarten class. Cold hearted introduction to the harsh world IMHO.

Caring, professional and dedicated teachers, great PTA make this school function excellently. My kids are happy and learning!

Steele Elementary prepared my daughter for her school career. She's in high school now and thriving. I believe that the caring and dedicated teachers at Steele Elementary played a vital part in her strong willingness to do whatever it takes to succeed.

Steele Elementary is a fabulous school. A real neighborhood (community school (not kiss and drop) perfect size. Great experienced teachers (20 plus years!), great traditions (the 5th grade class does a Shakespere prodection each year) Great families, resources and support. Excellent cirriculum. Great music, art, phy. ed programs as well. This school is a true community where kids build roots and friendships that will last forever.

The school and instruction is excellent. Parent involvement is substantial; however, I feel left out as a working parent who cannot chit chat before and after school and or attend meetings which are scheduled during the day. Getting information and feeling involved is hard. That said my kids are thriving and getting the quality education that we want. Great library!

Last modified Steele Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.