Colorado Springs, CO

Posted September 24, 2014
Awesome school! My kids love it. They have both excelled in their reading, writing, and math. The parents participate very actively and the culture is very open minded. Fortunately, they still focus on art and music as well as the primary subjects, so the students receive a very well rounded education. We are very pleased with Steele.

Steele Elementary School 1

Posted February 02, 2014
Way too political. His teacher made him go up to the chalk board and write who he would vote for PRESIDENT... THIS WAS AFTER THE TEACHER WENT UP TO THE BOARD AND WROTE HER CHOICE AS OBAMA!!! Disgusting, there is no plausible explanation whay the teacher would do this. We tried to talk to administration and we were stone walled. The teacher was never disciplined, nor was any action EVER taken. We have heard multiple other stories like this from other parents. Unfortunately when a TENURED D-11 teacher is disciplined, there will be NO RAMIFICATIONS.... If you want your child BRAINWASHED in progressive thinking, then STEELE is the school for you!

Steele Elementary School 4

Posted March 21, 2012
A safe school and seems to have a good program and dedicated teachers. Doesn't seem to be on the ball when it comes to children with learning issues, but overall a good solid school. PTA is very active.

Posted November 14, 2010
Transferred my kindergartner from T___r to Steele. Entering Steele, my kid's standardized tests were horrible. Three weeks later all but one of his scores are above the scheduled standard. I noticed a big difference in his knowledge of letters and words soon after starting at Steele. I attribute this mostly to the school. I'm impressed. One thing I didn't like about T___r's splitting the kindergarten class was that the selection criteria (by enrollment date) looked, at least to me, geared to get the lower performing kids into the new kindergarten class. Cold hearted introduction to the harsh world IMHO.

Posted October 09, 2010
Caring, professional and dedicated teachers, great PTA make this school function excellently. My kids are happy and learning!

Steele Elementary School 0

Posted April 16, 2010
Steele Elementary prepared my daughter for her school career. She's in high school now and thriving. I believe that the caring and dedicated teachers at Steele Elementary played a vital part in her strong willingness to do whatever it takes to succeed.

Posted April 14, 2010
Steele Elementary is a fabulous school. A real neighborhood (community school (not kiss and drop) perfect size. Great experienced teachers (20 plus years!), great traditions (the 5th grade class does a Shakespere prodection each year) Great families, resources and support. Excellent cirriculum. Great music, art, phy. ed programs as well. This school is a true community where kids build roots and friendships that will last forever.

Steele Elementary School 4

Posted June 11, 2008
The school and instruction is excellent. Parent involvement is substantial; however, I feel left out as a working parent who cannot chit chat before and after school and or attend meetings which are scheduled during the day. Getting information and feeling involved is hard. That said my kids are thriving and getting the quality education that we want. Great library!

Posted May 01, 2006
Our daughter is thriving in the 1st grade program at this school. Her teacher is wonderful, and the emphasis on world culture and the arts is great. Parent involvement is very good, and the library and school activities are nicely well-rounded. I also like the small size of the school itself and the lovely 'neighborhood' environment.

Posted August 18, 2005
Steele is one of the best elementary schools in the district and the state. My daughter has attended Steele since kindergarten and in entering 4th grade this year. Overall, the teaching staff is very skilled. Many have been working at Steele for over a decade. New teachers energize the group with great ideas that are welcomed and implemented. Test scores are high school wide year after year. The level of parent involvement is almost 100%. An amazing feat for a school. Kids come ready to learn--and all children are welcome. Teachers are encouraged to diversify instruction to meet each child at his/her level. The school offers before and after school enrichment activities in addition to PE, Music, and Art. We have been very please with the school and would recommend it to anyone. Many of the children who attend are permitted in from other neighborhoods.

Steele Elementary School
1720 North Weber St, Colorado Springs, CO  80907
Last modified Steele Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Steele Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top