Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I always feel welcome in the school. Staff acknowledge visitors positively. The quality and variety of the school activities is wonderful. I wish I had the fortune to be a student here!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They really need to drop their attitude if they want to work with kids. My kid didn't learn anything in her first class because she was dealing with a teacher bully.

We love Taylor. The teachers and staff are highly competent and very approachable. I have always felt welcome in the classrooms, whether coming as a volunteer or with a question. Most important, Taylor teachers develop good relationships with their students, so that kids are really engaged and interested in learning. Taylor's specials teachers are also fantastic. My kids have had great experiences in art, music, and gym class. The school community overall is very welcoming. Parent engagement is encouraged and it is happening. Taylor has an active PTA that supports programming and organises lots of fun events throughout the year, like a Sock Hop, a Dia de los Muertos celebration, and Chocolate Art Night, to name a few. Even my somewhat shy kiddos felt right at home at Taylor from day one. One of my children recently said to me "I love first grade! I learn something new every day!" -PS Although Greatschools has me tagged as a community member, I am, obviously, a parent at Taylor. Just not sure how to tell that to Greatschools. :)

We love Taylor. We love the gorgeous, sunlit classrooms and the park and the playgrounds. We love the emphasis on art and reading, the principal's personal care for each student, and the outdoor classroom in the creek. We love the diversity of the community. What a special place.

I do not know how the rest of the grades are but I will not leave my son there to find out. The main kindergarten teacher is wonderful but the rest of them (music, gym, art, and especially the principal) are not equipped to deal with 5 year old boys that are bored because they are not being challenged and act out because they are allowed since there are no consequences.

We have been at this school for three years and we absolutely love it. Our daughter has a learning disorder PPDNOS and struggled with school. With the support of the staff that regularly updated us on our daughters progress as well as regular IEP meetings We were able to bring her testing up not only to satisfactory to get her off her IEP but ahead of her grades reading level. This school has regular events to keep the parents involved with their children's education. Which I find extremely important in having a school where the demographic cares about education. Some of the events to expect is the sock hop the ice cream social and band performances. They do very well with handling bullying and they are almost overly generous to help. The only thing I could say negative is there school cancellations are not always on time but I give this school a 9.8 as a parent

What a great school this has been for both my children. The new Principal, Dr Hollenbeck, has made an enormous improvement with the enthusiasm for learning from the students. With the superhero capes she sews for achieving reading goals, and the welcoming staff and teachers, I am so pleased with this school. We live where we could attend Steele or Taylor, and I wouldn't change schools for anything.

Last modified Taylor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.