Colorado Springs, CO

Posted January 22, 2014
This school is one of the best things that's ever happened to me. One thing that really meant a lot to me was making the volleyball team at Doherty my freshman year even though I didn't make it all three years in middle school. Our athletic program is absolutely amazing if you ask me. The kids at Doherty are super friendly, as well as the staff! I'm super thankful and blessed to be part of such a great school with a lot of team spirit and support! I would recommend Doherty to any kid.

Posted January 28, 2013
My daughter left a private school in the Springs deficient in math. The individual attention she gained allowed her to excel. She struggled through challenging honors classes to be brave enough to take on the extensive AP courses. She graduated 2012 and is pulling a 3.7 GPA at the University of Colorado. She insists it was the teachers specifically in Math, English Composition, Biology, Chemistry, Anatomy, Government, Psychology... and their dedication to her success were in sync with her determination to succeed. Pair that with top notch extra curricular activities and you have a great school. In a year when it comes time for our son to attend high school we are certain Doherty is the best choice. We've found our school

Doherty High School 2

Posted April 10, 2011
i currently attend Doherty, and i like some things and dislike others.. the Avid program is AMAZING! but the sports take over pretty much and the Academics.. well some teachers are quite confusing and me personally, i get confused... you can't really get any one on one time with a teacher unless you stay after school, come early, or have an off period when your teacher has an off period... this is because this school is so over crowded it's ridiculous... people actually go some where else if they find it too crowded.

Posted December 15, 2010
offers a plethora of highly advanced classes (AP, Honors), including language and liberal arts (orchestra, band, drama) classes. my highly gifted child is challenged and enjoys attending school. Strong sports programs for most sports, with strong adminstrators who have been very supportive of teachers, students, and parents.

Doherty High School 3

Posted November 08, 2010
When moving to Colorado Springs from another state, we chose Doherty because it seemed to be rated fairly high and because it is only one of two schools in 'Springs with an orchestra program. Talk about a disappointment. Too many teachers don't seem to have control of their classrooms. Academics are only fair. But the orchestra program is a joke! The elementary students in our last district were better!!! It truly is NOT a good program at all. Had I known how bad it was, we'd have looked at other schools in town.

Doherty High School 3

Posted April 23, 2010
The school is one of a few better high schools within its district. As in the city of Colorado Springs, I find the school to be only average in academics and slightly above average in everything else. Sad to say that academics take a back seat to sports and other extracurricular activities that can have the potential of putting the school in the local media.

Doherty High School
4515 Barnes Rd, Colorado Springs, CO  80917
Last modified Doherty High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Doherty High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top