Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted June 10, 2015
It depends on which teacher you connect with. I connected with my band director because I knew he would give me advise on how to deal with school work and helped me figure out what to do after college

Amount of homework: Just right

I was never up past 10am doing homework because I used time in class wisely

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted June 10, 2015
It all depends on the student. If the student has the drive to do well, they will work harder to get good grades, and vice versa

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted June 10, 2015
They have a huge bullying issue. My brother was bullied to the point he had to transfer schools

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted June 10, 2015
I had a kid lie in my TCaps my freshman year about having his cell phone, Ive heard kids lie about homework, ive seen kids cheat. None got caught and when they did they deny it.

Doherty High School 3

Posted June 10, 2015
I had a great experience at Doherty (I was an AP/honors student juggling homework and 3 different bands as well as cheer and graduated with a 3.99 in 2014. It can be done as long as you focus), but I can't say the same thing for my brother. He was bullied so bad for wanting to do cheer that he ended up transferring schools. The admin did everything they could to stop it, but nothing worked. Doherty is a good place for academics and sports, but when it comes to the way kids treat each other, its one of the worst places ive ever seen. The teachers try to help, but kids will always lie about what happens. They also have a drug issue, but if you don't know people who do drugs, you'll never know about it.

Doherty High School 1

Posted April 14, 2015
Doherty HS is the worst school you could ever enroll in 80% to 90% of students do illegal drugs (including alcohol and cigarettes). And there are 2000 students roughly. They had a suicide at the school and my son comes home ever day saying "I hate that school" ever time I ask him when he gets home. He has homework everyday. he's up until 9:00 to 10:00 PM every weekday I do not recommend that school at all. They have to have a officer patrolling the school cause of the drugs Its better just to stay away from D11 entirely.

Doherty High School 5

Posted January 22, 2014
This school is one of the best things that's ever happened to me. One thing that really meant a lot to me was making the volleyball team at Doherty my freshman year even though I didn't make it all three years in middle school. Our athletic program is absolutely amazing if you ask me. The kids at Doherty are super friendly, as well as the staff! I'm super thankful and blessed to be part of such a great school with a lot of team spirit and support! I would recommend Doherty to any kid.

Doherty High School 5

Posted January 28, 2013
My daughter left a private school in the Springs deficient in math. The individual attention she gained allowed her to excel. She struggled through challenging honors classes to be brave enough to take on the extensive AP courses. She graduated 2012 and is pulling a 3.7 GPA at the University of Colorado. She insists it was the teachers specifically in Math, English Composition, Biology, Chemistry, Anatomy, Government, Psychology... and their dedication to her success were in sync with her determination to succeed. Pair that with top notch extra curricular activities and you have a great school. In a year when it comes time for our son to attend high school we are certain Doherty is the best choice. We've found our school

Doherty High School 2

Posted April 10, 2011
i currently attend Doherty, and i like some things and dislike others.. the Avid program is AMAZING! but the sports take over pretty much and the Academics.. well some teachers are quite confusing and me personally, i get confused... you can't really get any one on one time with a teacher unless you stay after school, come early, or have an off period when your teacher has an off period... this is because this school is so over crowded it's ridiculous... people actually go some where else if they find it too crowded.

4515 Barnes Road, Colorado Springs, CO  80917
Last modified Doherty High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Doherty High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top