Bad
Good

Rogers Elementary School 1

Posted August 26, 2016
Teachers are completely incompetent. Anytime there is a minor issue with your child they will send text after text and tell you that you need to come pick them up. They have no order there and always seem to be off schedule. Office attendants are rude and quick to get you out. Never once have I showneed an id to enter the school. You just walk up to the entrance door, say your gonna pick up your kid (with no specifics) and they buzz you right on in. Teachers get offended easily and take things very personally when you talk about your own child. There was even a teacher who was taking pictures of bad behavior rather than stopping it. Absolutely disgusting behavior here. My daughter has become very defiant since starting at this so called "school" and has had many behavioral problems since starting here. We tried this school this year thinking last year she just got a bad teacher, turns out, it's the school. Please reconsider sending your child here!!

Rogers Elementary School 5

Posted August 30, 2011
My children went through D11 starting with Will Rogers elementary. Any school can have a poor or indifferent teacher, but I can say every teacher my children had was wonderful here. Each instructor knew I took education seriously and worked with me to make the most of my childrens' skills in learning not only core standards, but pushing them to do more in what they were good at. I would say that parent involvement plays a large role in a child's education. Overworked and overstressed parents often blame the school or teacher, but when have they sat down and helped their child with schoolwork or questioned the performance of their child to know when their child is struggling? If they wait till the report card, it is too late. Compared to a charter school my oldest was sent to, because of cutbacks and redistricting, Rogers was a Godsend. On a side note The Charter school was worried about CSAP scores and flat out told me it was not their job to teach my child. This was reitterated by the VP and Principal. A bored child is not an unteachable child, the key term being "teachable" refers to the adult hired to do so.

Posted January 22, 2010
My child has been attending Roger's for many years and is doing wonderfully due to the great teachers that he has had there. My child is in G.T. and is reading far beyond his age group. I appreciate Roger's and everyone on it's staff!

Posted November 06, 2009
I am stationed in the United States Army and moved to Colorado Springs in 2007. My son attended 2nd grade at Rogers elementary, and we found that the criteria he was being taught in Michigan was far less than what was expected at this school. Through cooperation and efforts with the schools and teachers, we were able to focus on areas that my son was lacking and get his knowledge base up to where it should be. I hold this school to a very high regard and regret that I had to move back to Michigan and have my son go to school here.

Rogers Elementary School 1

Posted September 26, 2007
Overall this school is horrible. There are some very good teachers at this school, but they are overlooked due to the overwhelming number of horrible ones. I was told that my children were doing well at this school and then I got their CSAP scores, they were scoring below grade level! I will not have my children attend this school, they will be attending Public Charter schools. I am so glad that I have this option.

110 South Circle Drive, Colorado Springs, CO  80910
Last modified Rogers Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.