Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

I really like that at anytime we as parents can call the teacher and discuss any issue that we may come across as far as bullying goes and they take the time to find a solution to everything.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

They have so many resources available to the students who have more needs than others .

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I feel that the teachers at Wilson are all great especially the Mrs. Sundermeyer. I have had a great year with her educating my son she has gone above and beyond for my kiddo , I am sure all the other teachers are as great as her. They all will give each student the time needed to meet they're individual needs.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

My son had a packet with 5 pages for homework for the week we would read for 15 minutes and do one page a day it wouldn't take us more than 35 minutes to read and do his assignment for the day. It was a nice way to keep him going with what he was learning in class.

I rated Wilson Elementary a 4 star school because My son started his Kindergarten class there and I have to say that I have had nothing but great experiences with the faculty there they take care of really educating our children , my son needs a bit more help and he has tutoring twice a day , his teacher goes above and beyond for all of her students as other teachers do , the front office ladies are awesome and its a safe school overall. The Faculty always makes time for parents with a short notice .

My son attended this school during during fall of 2011 for kindergarten. We lasted two weeks before pulling him out. His teacher was rude and continued to be less than helpful. Long story short, you won't get very far with this school unless you speak Spanish.

Three of my children attended this school 2011-12 school year. I have two kindergartners and a 1st grader. My first grader's teacher, I have not been impressed with once this school year. He needs help and he doesn't get it from her and I have discussed this with her countless times. One of my k's teachers I adore! She is an outstanding instructor who truly loves her profession and really cares about the children she is teaching. My other k's teacher, has been very absentminded and takes quite a long time to get back to me on any of my concerns if ever. I don't beleive that overall my children are being pushed as much as they could be and there seems to be a lot more play than learning.

Very dedicated staff, if there is a problem than every effort is taken to fix it. No child is treated any differently and our pricipal is more involved than most. She does not just disciplines but she awards the students in an admirable way.

My kids were attending James Monroe and had poor grades. We moved and they were assigned to Wilson Elementary. My kids grades improved and they all had honor roll grades (A's and B's). It was a great improvement for them. The teachers and administrative staff were a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend Wilson Elementary.

Last modified Wilson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.