Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

Globe uses the acronym SHELL to develop Safe, Honorable, Effective, Logical, Life Long Learners. The teachers do a good job of reinforcing SHELL for their students.

Globe Charter School is a fantastic school. The class size average is 15 students compared to 30 students in the district. Students are taught to be critical thinkers. Students are also taught real-world concepts. It really is a wonderful school! I would recommend it to anybody in the Colorado Springs area!

Amount of homework: Disagree

My second grader had 45 minutes worth of reading, as well as math homework and English homework.

Not only do they NOT cater to students with special needs, regardless how minor, they appear to have very little understanding of what's required in terms of outside therapy when a child attends a school with an extreme lack of resources for special needs children. Much like another reviewer, I have pulled my son out of the school due to the aforementioned reason and in doing so, was threatened by the principal with truancy. Additionally, the grounds of the school are lacking to say the least. Ask play areas are covered in gravel and dirt, the limited play equipment is decades old, as are the desks and materials. They will say there is "no bussing", however, it's impossible to miss the school bus dropping kids off and picking them up daily. If you point that fact out, be prepared to be told that those children have "special circumstances". If you ask what the guidelines are for those special circumstances, you'll be told that they "can't give out that information"... It's incredibly apparent that this school is grossly underfunded and it's incredible they came out of probation by district 11 in 2010. If you decide to visit, prepare to be incredibly underwhelmed.

My oldest son had been going to Globe since the 2nd grade and has never felt more comfortable at a school and never made to feel that he was different, he came from a school where he was teased . My youngest son has been here since kindergarten and has never had such a wonderful experience with all his teachers and staff. We have always felt welcome and have always been asked to participate and our views on the education and experience that they have been getting at Globe. We have always seen great things happen to both our sons in Globe and great achievements in them since going to Globe. We have never felt that the curriculum has ever been more than they or any other student can handle. The staff has always been understanding in the needs of the students as well as the parents. We could not be more pleased with the school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The scores continue to show achievement and the teachers share my stuff dents growth with me through data books.

Develops character: Strongly agree

They require their parents to be part of their community and the staff involves the parents throughout the year in many ways.

I have a kindergartner who can read, write, and do math because of the time and attention of his teacher. The staff at GLOBE make sure every student feels welcome and safe at the school and every student is secure in their environment. Every parent is expected to do their part in helping educate their child which means doing their part in volunteering and being part of the community at the school. GLOBE staff goes out of their way to make sure everyone is welcomed and makes sure that everyone's needs are met and everyone can be worked with. The programs GLOBE puts on are amazing! Way to go!

This School has been an ok school when my daughter started in kindergarten to maybe 2nd grade. After i enrolled my son to 1st grade here with his IEP it started out ok but it all went downhill from there. My daughter is on a 504 and my son on a IEP(which they refuse to test her if she needs an IEP). They Both have of course physical,speech,Ot,play therapy, and maybe 2more therapy's, and on top of that they have specialist appts,doctor. The specialist came from out of town to come to the springs and they DON'T have after school appointments. So you know its imposible to schedule appointments after school because everyone wants those appointments. I was called on a meeting with the District 11 and was put on TRUANCY! they told me at the meeting that if i didn't like the school than go back to your home school (which is Helen Hunt Elementary). The reason i went to globe was because my daughter was there and because the FIRST DAY of helen hunt , they LOST my son. So thats my take on these that basically this District is the worsts! when it comes to ANY KiDs!!!

I really appreciate their 6th grade teacher Mr. Evens. This school was recommended to me by a parent who works with district 11 and she was pleased with the 6th grade education program. My daughter went to this school fighting me all the way. Not wanting to do her best on homework or even try half of the time. But Mr. Evens held her accountable with us to get her on track. By the end of the year, she was coming to me with questions like, "Mom, I don't understand this problem. The calculator said this answer, but I'm getting this one, can you please show me what I'm doing wrong?" The proof is in the pudding. Not to mention the staff and the principle did the best they could to work with us. Parents are very welcome in this school at anytime!

Last modified GLOBE Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.