Public charter
Colorado Springs, CO

Posted June 09, 2015
My oldest son had been going to Globe since the 2nd grade and has never felt more comfortable at a school and never made to feel that he was different, he came from a school where he was teased . My youngest son has been here since kindergarten and has never had such a wonderful experience with all his teachers and staff. We have always felt welcome and have always been asked to participate and our views on the education and experience that they have been getting at Globe. We have always seen great things happen to both our sons in Globe and great achievements in them since going to Globe. We have never felt that the curriculum has ever been more than they or any other student can handle. The staff has always been understanding in the needs of the students as well as the parents. We could not be more pleased with the school.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 08, 2015
The scores continue to show achievement and the teachers share my stuff dents growth with me through data books.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 08, 2015
Mr. Evans is a sixth grade teacher there and is known for his classroom of determination and work. Every student cannot wait to become a sixth grade student for his class.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted June 08, 2015
They use every opportunity to teach them how to respect themselves and others including the bus!

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 08, 2015
They use a system called the SHELL and talk about it with the kids which helps them learn how to treat other kids.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 08, 2015
They require their parents to be part of their community and the staff involves the parents throughout the year in many ways.

Posted June 08, 2015
I have a kindergartner who can read, write, and do math because of the time and attention of his teacher. The staff at GLOBE make sure every student feels welcome and safe at the school and every student is secure in their environment. Every parent is expected to do their part in helping educate their child which means doing their part in volunteering and being part of the community at the school. GLOBE staff goes out of their way to make sure everyone is welcomed and makes sure that everyone's needs are met and everyone can be worked with. The programs GLOBE puts on are amazing! Way to go!

Globe Charter School 1

Posted May 18, 2015
This School has been an ok school when my daughter started in kindergarten to maybe 2nd grade. After i enrolled my son to 1st grade here with his IEP it started out ok but it all went downhill from there. My daughter is on a 504 and my son on a IEP(which they refuse to test her if she needs an IEP). They Both have of course physical,speech,Ot,play therapy, and maybe 2more therapy's, and on top of that they have specialist appts,doctor. The specialist came from out of town to come to the springs and they DON'T have after school appointments. So you know its imposible to schedule appointments after school because everyone wants those appointments. I was called on a meeting with the District 11 and was put on TRUANCY! they told me at the meeting that if i didn't like the school than go back to your home school (which is Helen Hunt Elementary). The reason i went to globe was because my daughter was there and because the FIRST DAY of helen hunt , they LOST my son. So thats my take on these that basically this District is the worsts! when it comes to ANY KiDs!!!

Posted July 18, 2014
I really appreciate their 6th grade teacher Mr. Evens. This school was recommended to me by a parent who works with district 11 and she was pleased with the 6th grade education program. My daughter went to this school fighting me all the way. Not wanting to do her best on homework or even try half of the time. But Mr. Evens held her accountable with us to get her on track. By the end of the year, she was coming to me with questions like, "Mom, I don't understand this problem. The calculator said this answer, but I'm getting this one, can you please show me what I'm doing wrong?" The proof is in the pudding. Not to mention the staff and the principle did the best they could to work with us. Parents are very welcome in this school at anytime!

Globe Charter School 1

Posted May 19, 2014
Globe Charter, though once a good school, is the worse school tow hich my kids have ever gone. The principal is horrible, and the teaching isn't much better. There are a few good teachers, but VERY few. My kids won't be going back. Areas for improvement are to stop mass disciplining kids, hire some better teachers and get rid of the current leadership.

3302 Alpine Place, Colorado Springs, CO  80909
Last modified Globe Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Globe Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top