Posted September 08, 2013
King Elementary is a terrific school! My daughter attended Preschool and Kindergarren here and her teachers were two of the best I have ever seen. Her kindergarten teacher was exceptional. We moved to Denver which is the ONLY reason she is not still attending King. The staff goes above and beyond and the principal is wonderful. We miss it very much! I highly recommend this school to anyone!

Posted April 10, 2013
I have an A student and a D student. Both get treated fairly. The school has stepped up to give my D student the tutoring that is needed. They give me up date and suggestions on how to help my student. I would recommend King elementary to anyone. They rock!!!!!!

King Elementary School 2

Posted October 29, 2012
I've had good experiences so far and some very bad ones too. I'll start with the bad. My child is in Kindergarten this year and they sometimes get treated differently than all the classmates. My child's teacher doesn't seem to always enjoy their job. I watch the other teachers and their so into their students - watching them play, interacting, hugging, etc. My child's teacher doesn't do any of that and I've even seen the teacher yell at the kids. The teacher has a bad attitude anytime you bring up a concern. The Principal at this school is okay, she seems very nice. But it sometimes seems like they get some sick pleasure out of punishing children. My child was left out of a lot of activities, recess, etc just because of little FIVE YEAR OLD actions. They have too many rules and it is hard to keep track of all of them. The rest of the staff is very kind, energetic. I guess my only concern about the staff is the people in the office. I've heard one of the staff call a child a psycho after he left the office - right in front of me and a couple other parents. This school is okay...I'd pick a different one though...

Posted November 12, 2010
I love this school I'm a student here this year (2010) our principle Mrs.stone is going to Washington d.c to meet the president to except a blue ribbon award. all our classes are great teachers are helpful and fun I have been here since kinder.The art program awesome P.E. so fun Music program teacher is so nice and helpful lots of great teachers here I'm in 4th grade and were all ready doing advanced algebra my whole class in the morning i love and look forward to getting up and going to school I'm going to a special ed class so great i give this school 20,000,000 thumbs up !

King Elementary School 4

Posted February 19, 2010
This school is amazing. The teachers and the office staff all seem to be very friendly and caring. They are all very professional also. The only concern I have about this school is the lack of crossing guards to help kids cross the busy street right in front of the school. There is a cross walk but most of the time it is so busy the cars dont pay attention. So my only complaint is this school needs more crossing guards!

King Elementary School 0

Posted April 09, 2009
When I put my oldest in King I lived on the south end of town and permitted him due to my job. I will forever be greatful for the choice I made about King. His elementary experience there was incredible. The principles, teacher and staff at King all have a heart for truly educating children. When it came time for my youngest to start school I knew that King would be my only choice. Thank you to all the wonderful staff over at King Elementary.

Posted April 18, 2008

King Elementary School 0

Posted October 02, 2007
My daughter is currently going to the preschool at King and just loves it! She has learned so much, and has become very independent. The teachers are wonderful, and keep me updated about my childs progress on a daily basis.

Posted March 26, 2006
This is a wonderful school! I was so sad to have to move away from Colorado and leave it. The attention given to my son, who was struggling with some things at first, was exceptional. The teachers in both his Kindergarten and First Grade classes were quick to note any areas of concern, communicate them to me, and present plans for how to go about helping him (his first grade teacher gave him after school tutoring once a week along with a small group of other children, for example). Parents seemed to be very involved and because the school was so small, most people got to know one another pretty quickly. The ladies in the office were always so very helpful and the principal was very warm! Great school!!

King Elementary School 3

Posted November 07, 2005
Three of my children have attended King Elementary and two are currently enrolled. King has a new Principal this school year and so it is difficult to assess her leadership ability at this time, but she appears to be on task. The teaching staff follows D-11 curriculum and overall achieves an average rating that emphisis a stronger reading program than math. My children have all earned A's & B's, but score an average of about 50% on CSAP testing. The kids enjoy being part of an above average choir that performs frequently within the community and the band director does a good job of preparing students to attend Russell - Arts Magnet School. The staff works well with parents who support the school better than average. My children have witnessed occasional playground bullying unnoticed by staff who have responded appropriatly once informed. King is a good but average school.

King Elementary School
6110 Sapporo Dr, Colorado Springs, CO  80918
Last modified King Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
King Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.