Bad
Good

Love this school staff is great - They are all caring . This school is small, but that is it's charm. It is not about the flash. It's not a new school with all the flash it is about the heart of the teachers and the parents.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I worked at the school for a few months last year and I saw this demonstrated in a classroom setting on a daily basis.

I absolutely love this school. My older son is on the autism spectrum and he has been there since kindergarten. When he started school, he was pretty much non verbal. Now he is speaking very well, he is reading, he is almost at grade level in math... the staff has been so dedicated to his education and well being. I hear horror stories about special ed staff and IEP meetings at other schools, but we have not had one negative experience at King. My son also has a hard time making friends, but the kids at school are very understanding and caring. There is a really wonderful student community there! This year my younger son is attending preschool there and I love the preschool staff. The staff is also very consistent. Many of the teachers and even the support staff have been there for years, it's very comforting not seeing a huge turn over rate as far as the employees go.

King Elementary is a terrific school! My daughter attended Preschool and Kindergarren here and her teachers were two of the best I have ever seen. Her kindergarten teacher was exceptional. We moved to Denver which is the ONLY reason she is not still attending King. The staff goes above and beyond and the principal is wonderful. We miss it very much! I highly recommend this school to anyone!

I have an A student and a D student. Both get treated fairly. The school has stepped up to give my D student the tutoring that is needed. They give me up date and suggestions on how to help my student. I would recommend King elementary to anyone. They rock!!!!!!

I've had good experiences so far and some very bad ones too. I'll start with the bad. My child is in Kindergarten this year and they sometimes get treated differently than all the classmates. My child's teacher doesn't seem to always enjoy their job. I watch the other teachers and their so into their students - watching them play, interacting, hugging, etc. My child's teacher doesn't do any of that and I've even seen the teacher yell at the kids. The teacher has a bad attitude anytime you bring up a concern. The Principal at this school is okay, she seems very nice. But it sometimes seems like they get some sick pleasure out of punishing children. My child was left out of a lot of activities, recess, etc just because of little FIVE YEAR OLD actions. They have too many rules and it is hard to keep track of all of them. The rest of the staff is very kind, energetic. I guess my only concern about the staff is the people in the office. I've heard one of the staff call a child a psycho after he left the office - right in front of me and a couple other parents. This school is okay...I'd pick a different one though...

I love this school I'm a student here this year (2010) our principle Mrs.stone is going to Washington d.c to meet the president to except a blue ribbon award. all our classes are great teachers are helpful and fun I have been here since kinder.The art program awesome P.E. so fun Music program teacher is so nice and helpful lots of great teachers here I'm in 4th grade and were all ready doing advanced algebra my whole class in the morning i love and look forward to getting up and going to school I'm going to a special ed class so great i give this school 20,000,000 thumbs up !

This school is amazing. The teachers and the office staff all seem to be very friendly and caring. They are all very professional also. The only concern I have about this school is the lack of crossing guards to help kids cross the busy street right in front of the school. There is a cross walk but most of the time it is so busy the cars dont pay attention. So my only complaint is this school needs more crossing guards!

When I put my oldest in King I lived on the south end of town and permitted him due to my job. I will forever be greatful for the choice I made about King. His elementary experience there was incredible. The principles, teacher and staff at King all have a heart for truly educating children. When it came time for my youngest to start school I knew that King would be my only choice. Thank you to all the wonderful staff over at King Elementary.

My daughter is currently going to the preschool at King and just loves it! She has learned so much, and has become very independent. The teachers are wonderful, and keep me updated about my childs progress on a daily basis.

Last modified King Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.