Colorado Springs, CO

Posted April 07, 2014
Martinez is an excellent school. It provides before and after school clubs in music, choirs, physical education, art, karate, band, and academics. It has a lyrics to learn program, which uses music to help student remember important information in core subjects. Martinez has a top of the line stem lab providing cutting edge technology for student success in a highly technological market. Students at Martinez are taught leadership and to set goals, which are designed to make them independent and responsible learners. The school's approach is ahead of others in preparing students for a competitive life and work force.

Posted September 10, 2012
We moved to this school at the start of the year. Our experience has been excellent so far - the teachers are phenomenal, the principal seems to have a great handle on things and there is a team feeling in this school that is just "wow". Our kids were both behind in math and writing when we started here (even so we came from a match/science/space focus school). The teachers at Martinez caught our kids up in no time :) One of the best decisions we made was to move to this school :)

Martinez Elementary School 3

Posted June 12, 2012
Please take care of the school grounds! Let me start by saying that I don't have any children that go to this school and I don't work at the school, but I do live in the neighborhood right across from the school and I do wish that the Principal took more pride in the school by keeping up the grounds a little better. It is over run by weeds and usually looks like it is way past due to be mowed. I know times are tight, but I see other schools around this area that are maintained to look clean and tidy, why not this one? It may be a great school, I don't know, but It is an eye sore from the street.

Posted May 19, 2011
Excellent special education team! They work hard and truly care for our children. Unfortunately, we had to move last year, so my kids don't attend Martinez anymore. I wish I could have taken their SPED team with us! I have yet to encounter a SPED team that even comes close to comparing to their dedication. They are unmatched!

Posted November 24, 2010
Excellent school, my daughter is in 4th grade and son in kindergarten. Very safe and pleased with standards to which they hold children, both in terms of behavior and curriculum. Principal was very receptive when we had a problem with another girl in my daughter's class and helped us come to an acceptable resolution for all. Drop off and pick up is MUCH better starting Fall 2010 when they added additional loop in back of school.

Posted July 06, 2009
Fantastic school. I can't say enough good things about it. PTO is very involved. This is a wonderful school and I feel very safe having my children there.

Martinez Elementary School 0

Posted June 25, 2009
What a phenomenal place to teach! The principal is wonderful with students, parents, and staff, and very knowledgeable about curriculum. The teaching teams are learning to work together to meet grade level standards and provide interesting lessons to all students. WOW!

Martinez Elementary School 0

Posted August 22, 2007
My son just started at Martinez so far I am not impressed the physical layout. They have open classrooms. The drop off and pick up is a compleat mess. I hope the teaches make up for it...

Martinez Elementary School 4

Posted May 15, 2006
Martinez is one of the best elementary schools in D11. The teachers are great and test scores are well above average. Level of parental involvment in the PTA/PTO could be improved. Seems to be a lack of recruitment on the part of school officials. School could improve upon communication with parents -- perhaps by implementing email and improving the school website to allow for better exchange of ideas and feedback. Parking and access to the school is in dire need of improvement.

Martinez Elementary School 4

Posted April 15, 2005

Martinez Elementary School
6460 Vickers Dr, Colorado Springs, CO  80918
Last modified Martinez Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Martinez Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top