Public charter
Colorado Springs, CO

CIVA Charter High School 2

Posted April 01, 2015
I use to attend civa charter school, freshman year was amazing I made a lot of friends, Everyone was nice , accepting, wouldn't judge one another,and could express ourselves threw art,dance,theater, and the way we dressed and looked. There were a lot of great memory's but when attended shophmore year it wasn't so nice ,we got a dress code, teachers were a lot less fun and pumped and didn't teach as well , and kids weren't so nice a lot of bully's now and the dress code turned almost into a uniform and they were portraying us as something we were not. Civa was made for the arts for us to be ourselves a place were people who love different forms of art and people who weren't accepted by other people come together as a family but it changed there's nothing special about this school a lot of my friends are miserable there and I wouldn't recommend going.

CIVA Charter High School 3

Posted February 05, 2015
I am thankful for this school, as it really saved my son from all the bullying that comes with larger schools. My only concern is that the curriculum seems a little behind from other schools. I am not seeing anything to be challenging at all and seems to make some students "lazy" when it comes to school work and grades. Also, the communication between teacher/parent doesn't seem to be very important. Otherwise, I like the small school atmosphere and how well my son has been able to make friends here!!

CIVA Charter High School 4

Posted June 04, 2013
The teachers really care about and work with students. The principle is awsome with the kids. There is a very good atmosphere of friendship at the school.

Posted October 09, 2012
This school saved my middle daughter from becoming a drop out to an outstanding member of the school and her community. This school is taking my youngest daughter to new experiences she would never have if she stayed in a large public school.

Posted October 04, 2012
The poster who gave CIVA one star is completely wrong about this school. The arts and music offerings are outstanding. Garage band? CIVA's choir wears uniforms and are lead by an outstanding music teacher. There's also band, theater, art, photography, even jewelry making. Tons of arts electives. And the format is very college like. Some classes are every day, some twice a week, it really helps students understand what college will be like. They learn to plan their schedules and study times and become disciplined learners. On top of that, the school offers a very small, family like environment where the students support and care for one another. You won't find bullying at CIVA. I'd encourage families to come check it out for themselves. The students who don't get anything out of CIVA are students who choose not to. This is far from an alternative school...it's a well rounded college prep and arts curriculum.

Posted September 09, 2012
CIVA is a wonderful school. This is my second year here and I have never seen a school build their students like CIVA has. After just a semester at CIVA, I saw students morph from unruly children to responsible and dedicated students. It really is remarkable how contagious CIVA's positive attitude is. With such a great principal, it's no wonder that the teachers and students are so upbeat. If you're a student stuggling with your studies or with any social problems, there is no better school than CIVA. Because of the one-on-one method we use here, students are always guarenteed help. The way teachers and students help each other improve and challenge themselves is one of the most inspiring things I've ever seen in the education system. The principles that CIVA teaches also reflects in the students. Quantum Learning's 9 keys of excellence are almost always present in the students and teachers. I recommend and support this school 100% because without it, I wouldn't be half the student I am today.

CIVA Charter High School 1

Posted August 10, 2012
CIVA Charter High School is certainly not for students looking to be challenged. Definitely an "alternative" style school, the teachers are very relaxed and often turn a blind eye to obvious disrespect and misbehavior of the students. CIVA tried very hard to be a "family", which often comes before the student's education. Many of the teachers are more like students than role-models, which causes the students to easily take advantage of them. Claiming to be an "art-based" school, the extracurricular classes are poor at best. Only offering a few basic art classes and band classes that feel more like a garage band jam. I was disappointed in this school. The idea of it sounds so perfect, yet it is executed terribly.

Posted September 08, 2011
CIVA Charter School is a life-changing experience not only for students but for parents as well. Everyone becomes part of the family. Students that graduate from CIVA are well-educated, confident adults. The teachers really care about each individual student and their future. Even the principal know each student by name and genuinely cares about each of them.

Posted September 07, 2011
This school is amazing. I has been here for three years, and I would not imagine going anywhere else!

Posted September 07, 2011
I hace been a student at Civa for three years. I beloved that Civa has changed my life for the best kind of future. I have been a leader here sence day one and I beloved this is my family and I am part of this family

CIVA Charter High School
4635 Northpark Dr, Colorado Springs, CO  80918
Last modified CIVA Charter High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
CIVA Charter High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top