Scott Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 657 students

Posted October 25, 2013

This school is wonderful!!!!!!! We moved here from Pennsylvania this past May. We had our concerns about bullying (which there was a lot of back in Pennsylvania) and if our daughter would be to far ahead or behind in course work. I am very happy to say that THERE IS NO bullying at Scott. Unlike PA where it was all talk and no action on Bullying, It IS NOT ALLOWED here at Scott. If bullying happens Dr. Roth is right there on top of it putting a stop to it. We had our parent teacher conference yesterday and very happy to say that our daughter has straight (A's) and is very active in 2 clubs and band. Keep up the great work Dr. Roth and staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted October 23, 2013

I absolutely LOVE this school and the staff within it! The ESP staff is just amazing and so very patient and caring!

Posted September 30, 2013

Scott Elementary is a school full of well-trained, professional, yet fun staff. The teachers hold the students to a high standard, while giving them the personal attention they need. We have never had a teacher we didn't adore and respect immensely. The PTA sponsors a wide variety of events for the community, and finds ways to encourage and support the staff and students throughout the year. A school this great has to have great leadership too. Our principal leads with confidence, but is not tucked away in his office away from the action either. The students LOVE him and he's often seen around the school grounds playing basketball with the kids or wearing silly hats that make the kids giggle. I think the kids love him that much more because he is often like a big kid himself. Our family feels blessed to be a part of the Scott community!

Posted September 25, 2013

We have been attending Scott Elementary for 5 years. This school is awesome, the parent involvement, the teachers have been so great that I would trust them, I would call them friends, and I am so pleased with who my son is becoming. I know that is home life but I would give a lot of credit to the school. Any time I have had an issue I went in was always able to get to the right person and the issue was corrected immediately. We are lucky to be a part of Scott Elementary !!

Posted September 25, 2013

We moved into the Scott Elementary school area last year and could not be happier. Not only are they academically superior, their staff and the community has been very welcoming. I was afraid that my daughter would fall behind and not be socially welcomed because she was a new student, and hadn't attended the school since kindergarten, but her 3rd grade teacher went above and beyond to make sure that she got what she needed and the kids welcomed her with open arms. This is such a wonderful school!

Posted September 25, 2013

Love Scott! The teacher's and staff are amazing - and the parental involvement really brings everything together. My son has attended Scott from Kindergarten on (now in 4th grade) and I have been beyond pleased with the learning environment!

Posted September 24, 2013

My son started Kindergarten there and he is very happy. His teacher really knows her stuff and pushes him to do his best. She has boundaries and enforces them (he needs that). My one area for improvement is that they need a new parent orientation. I had to call to find out when the Kindergarten open house was, call to find out what his student ID number is, etc. I think they should give you all of that at once (without asking) and give a tour of the school before school starts.

Posted September 24, 2013

This is truly a wonderful school. The staff is always so friendly and helpful, the grounds are well kept, and the community is always very supportive of the school and school activities.

Posted September 24, 2013

Scott Elementary is an awesome school with a great community! The teachers, staff, parents and kids all make this school a great place to be.

Posted September 24, 2013

After reading a few reviews one thing changed a little. We have a new principle. The great thing is that he is really involved and works hard to know the children and you see him all the time with a smile greeting the kids. We were excited to stay at Scott this year. My son is in first grade and they were awarded a DOD grant to supply the kids with ipads. Technology is coming into this school as well as the whole district. I have loved that the teachers have taught my son to love learning and love reading and math, so far.

Posted September 24, 2013

So much to say and so few characters to say it with. We are in our third year at Scott and couldn't be happier. The staff is phenomenal. The teaching is exceptional. The love every adult at that school shows for each child is amazing. Our daughter enjoys every minute of it and is learning so much. They are a school that keeps up with the times and keeps kids involved with their learning. With so much "teach to the test" happening it is refreshing to see teachers provide an education that is so fulfilling for the students and parents alike. I look forward to our 3 remaining years at Scott and getting to know the rest of the teachers as we move up each grade.

Posted September 24, 2013

This is our second year at Scott Elementary. Dr. Roth is an excellent principal- he plays outside with the kids, gets to know them and gets to know the parents. The teachers have been outstanding, thinking outside of the box and making learning fun. I can highly recommend Scott Elementary.

Posted September 23, 2013

I am a parent and an office staff member... Everyone has the same priority... Support the teachers to educate our children. I love our school!!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 23, 2013

I love Scott!! The staff and environment is so inviting and friendly my children love to go to school. I've gotten so much help and support from the school. My family and I moved from an apartment to a house but the only requirement was that we stayed within Scott's district. When I'm asked to describe the school my best description is it's a public school with a private school environment and way of teaching. We've been at Scott since my oldest son was in kindergarten and he is now in fourth grade and I have two other children at Scott.

Posted September 23, 2013

I cannot say enough positive things about this school! This is my daughter's second year and my son's first year at Scott. The structure, organization and devotion of the teachers is so impressive. My children are learning more than I feel they would at any other school in the country! We are military, and I'm dreading the day we have to move because I am not sure any other school can compare to Scott!

Posted September 23, 2013

School is big, but still has a small, family type atmosphere. The teachers and staff are caring and really want the students to succeed.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 20, 2013

Definitely a great school, my kids attended Scott Elementary for two years. I highly recommend this school, Mrs. Michaels and Mrs. Douglas are the best teachers we have ever met, they are all about the kids.

Posted September 14, 2010

This is my daughter's third year at Scott and I am continually impressed by her academic achievements each year. The Principal, Dr. Howard is very visibile as he is the crossing guard every day... often times with students stopping to hug him as they cross the street. Parent involvement is phenomenal. There are 600 student at Scott and in 2009, 800 parents volunteered over 10,000 hours in the classroom! Scott is acadmically ranked as one of the best schools along the Front Range and I'm proud to call it our home school!

Posted April 28, 2010

I love this school!! The principal and vice-principal are excellent and very caring and sweet with the students. Dr. Howard, the principal, is the best. (He even fills in for the crossing guard sometimes and does it with a big, warm smile.) The teachers are top-notch. The school makes parents volunteers feel welcome and part of the school. I love it when the kids eat lunch outside when it is nice outside. Plenty of PE and running around time for the kids. And the school is very clean. Overall, it is a very inviting and education-driven school with your child's interest at heart.

Posted December 5, 2009

Scott is an amazing school! They are teaching the CO state standards for each grade level, and as an educator and parent, I can tell you that they are above and beyond the majority of schools in the area (including the D-20 schools) in all academic areas. The staff (including two National Board Certified Teachers) are the best I've seen in my 13 years as an educator. My daughter has grown by leaps and bounds in the two years she has attended and I am grateful for the opportunities the school offers. Dr. Howard is the best principal I have had the pleasure of knowing and I believe that he does an outstanding job for the Scott community. I believe, without a doubt, that this is the best school in the city!

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 73% in 2013.

110 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 51% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 68% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 70% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 49% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 57% in 2013.

All Students82%

Students without disabilities85%
Proficient in English80%
Neither migrant nor immigrant80%

Source: Colorado Department of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Test score rating
Student growth rating

1-3 Below Average

4-7 Average

8-10 Above Average

How schools in the state rate:

of schools in the state are Below average
of schools in the state are Average
of schools in the state are Above average

Test score rating 20131What's this?

This school
District
State

Student growth rating 20132What's this?

This school
District
State

Math growth at this school

Below Average

Reading growth at this school

Below Average

1 Test scores are based on 2012-13 TCAP results from the state of Colorado.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 29%N/A41%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

6175 Whetstone Dr