Colorado Springs, CO

Posted May 18, 2014
I am so sad to be leaving this school. We have been here for 2 years and are moving to Arizona this month. They have been amazing with my son. I couldn't have asked for better teachers. The support staff has been great also! They have all worked with our family to find the best way to help my son learnand accommodate his needs. We are really going to miss you all.

Posted August 21, 2013
Great school! This will be my children's 2nd school year here. So far been a great experience. Ms. York is an awesome teacher and I highly recommend her if you have a child entering kindergarten. So far impressed with Mrs. Birringer has kept me updated through email so far on everything going on in my child's class.

Trailblazer Elementary School 1

Posted December 12, 2012
Very unhappy with a 5th grade teacher named Miss Donnelly. She is a very rude person and has terrible communication with parents. She doesn't do what she says she's going to do in terms of contacting you when she says she will. She could care less about the students. From my understanding she has 23 students, with 13 of those making an F in at least one subject. To me, this shows a "teacher problem", as opposed to a "student problem". If more than half your class are making a failing grade, you're clearly not doing your job teaching. Do yourself a favor, DON'T put your child in Trailblazer Elementary in Miss Donnelly's class. It's quite apparent she hates her job, and the world. Maybe she should think about retiring, or find another occupation. Teaching is definitely not her forte.

Trailblazer Elementary School 3

Posted May 11, 2012
I am sad that the school will not offer Spanish in the 2012-2013 school year. I guess the enrollment is down and they had to make cuts. This is a changing society and I believe a second language is neccessary to remain competitive. I am sad the district could not find another option...like share the teacher with another school. I am disappointed my tax dollars fund ESL classes yet my own children in a public school are not taught a foreign language.

Posted May 16, 2011
Trailblazer is a FABULOUS school!!! I have visited the others in our area and none compare. We choice-in to Trailblazer!! The teachers and support staff are amazing and fully invested and my kids are both thriving there.

Posted August 06, 2010
I can't imagine a better elementary school. The staff is amazing and they continualy go the extra mile in educational programming. Parents are very involved and teachers are 100% dedicated and it shows! Best of all, my son feels loved and encouraged - my daughter can't wait to be old enough to attend Trailblazer!

Posted July 27, 2010
Trailblazer is such a wonderful school. It has a real community feel, excellent parent involvement, and stellar teachers with true passions for teaching. This year (10-11) they are adding a Spanish program in all grades K-6! They have a optional 6th grade class as well as an alternate to 6th grade in a Middle school. The specials teachers are all very good. Traiblazer has a 3 day specials rotation 1-Art, 2-PE/Spanish and 3-Music/Spanish. That is a lot of specials if you compare to other schools! The PTA puts on lots of events and the overall atmosphere is very team-driven and laid back. There is a new principal who is very involved and things are even going to get better! The school is also very strong academically without grinding test preparation into the kiddos. It's a nice balance!

Trailblazer Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Great teachers, great learning environment

Posted December 03, 2008
The new principle at Trailblazer is wonderful! The teachers are spectacular! Parent involvement is great! The issues from 2003/2004 on diversity, I think have improved. My son's 1st grade class had a boy's Japanese grandmother come in to teach them about Japan (they learned to count to ten and even had some traditional Japanese snacks). In second grade they learned about African culture and had a party of trading African goods and eating traditional foods prepared by the kids (and their parents). These are just some examples. And if Chipeta has/had a foreign language program, I don't think they do now. I couldn't find anything about it on their website (no teacher, etc.), but I do know that it is something that the Trailblazer principle is working to implement into the curriculum. My sons are excelling at Trailblazer!

Trailblazer Elementary School 0

Posted June 26, 2008
My son has been attending Trailblazer for 4 years. By the end of kindergarten, he was reading Junie B. Jones books. By the end of 3rd grade, he had finished reading the entire Harry Potter series, had finished reading The Hobbit, and had begun the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Trailblazer individualizes the academic challenges for every single child. They have a fabulous tutoring program for children who read below and above grade level. They identify the child's math needs and challenge the child accordingly. The teachers are warm, friendly, and accessible. The school offers a rich music environment in which Chorir is available to all 3rd graders and above, and orchestra and band is available to all 4th graders and above. The school that offers our 'competition' is Chipeta. Their music program does not even touch Trailblazers's music program, but if you don't believe me, research it for yourself.

Trailblazer Elementary School
2015 Wickes Rd, Colorado Springs, CO  80919
Last modified Trailblazer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Trailblazer Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top