Bad
Good

My daughter went here for Kindergarten, and had a wonderful experience. I worked with my daughter at home with Fry's Sight words, as they were also using them in class there, and when my daughter surpassed 500 words, she and another student were both moved to an advanced reading group. I was very glad they were able to work with her! We were sad to leave (as we got her into a gifted program at a charter school for 1st grade), my daughter still misses her teachers from there. We've been back a few times just to say 'hi' and the office staff and teachers all remember my daughter, and are very pleased she is doing so well in her new school. I always point out though, that they were the ones who started her on her path to success. ^_^

I am so sad to be leaving this school. We have been here for 2 years and are moving to Arizona this month. They have been amazing with my son. I couldn't have asked for better teachers. The support staff has been great also! They have all worked with our family to find the best way to help my son learnand accommodate his needs. We are really going to miss you all.

Great school! This will be my children's 2nd school year here. So far been a great experience. Ms. York is an awesome teacher and I highly recommend her if you have a child entering kindergarten. So far impressed with Mrs. Birringer has kept me updated through email so far on everything going on in my child's class.

Very unhappy with a 5th grade teacher named Miss Donnelly. She is a very rude person and has terrible communication with parents. She doesn't do what she says she's going to do in terms of contacting you when she says she will. She could care less about the students. From my understanding she has 23 students, with 13 of those making an F in at least one subject. To me, this shows a "teacher problem", as opposed to a "student problem". If more than half your class are making a failing grade, you're clearly not doing your job teaching. Do yourself a favor, DON'T put your child in Trailblazer Elementary in Miss Donnelly's class. It's quite apparent she hates her job, and the world. Maybe she should think about retiring, or find another occupation. Teaching is definitely not her forte.

I am sad that the school will not offer Spanish in the 2012-2013 school year. I guess the enrollment is down and they had to make cuts. This is a changing society and I believe a second language is neccessary to remain competitive. I am sad the district could not find another option...like share the teacher with another school. I am disappointed my tax dollars fund ESL classes yet my own children in a public school are not taught a foreign language.

Trailblazer is a FABULOUS school!!! I have visited the others in our area and none compare. We choice-in to Trailblazer!! The teachers and support staff are amazing and fully invested and my kids are both thriving there.

I can't imagine a better elementary school. The staff is amazing and they continualy go the extra mile in educational programming. Parents are very involved and teachers are 100% dedicated and it shows! Best of all, my son feels loved and encouraged - my daughter can't wait to be old enough to attend Trailblazer!

Trailblazer is such a wonderful school. It has a real community feel, excellent parent involvement, and stellar teachers with true passions for teaching. This year (10-11) they are adding a Spanish program in all grades K-6! They have a optional 6th grade class as well as an alternate to 6th grade in a Middle school. The specials teachers are all very good. Traiblazer has a 3 day specials rotation 1-Art, 2-PE/Spanish and 3-Music/Spanish. That is a lot of specials if you compare to other schools! The PTA puts on lots of events and the overall atmosphere is very team-driven and laid back. There is a new principal who is very involved and things are even going to get better! The school is also very strong academically without grinding test preparation into the kiddos. It's a nice balance!

Great teachers, great learning environment

The new principle at Trailblazer is wonderful! The teachers are spectacular! Parent involvement is great! The issues from 2003/2004 on diversity, I think have improved. My son's 1st grade class had a boy's Japanese grandmother come in to teach them about Japan (they learned to count to ten and even had some traditional Japanese snacks). In second grade they learned about African culture and had a party of trading African goods and eating traditional foods prepared by the kids (and their parents). These are just some examples. And if Chipeta has/had a foreign language program, I don't think they do now. I couldn't find anything about it on their website (no teacher, etc.), but I do know that it is something that the Trailblazer principle is working to implement into the curriculum. My sons are excelling at Trailblazer!

Last modified Trailblazer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.