Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I have had many recent negative experiences with the principle DENISE RUBIO-GURNETT regarding my son. I met with her and the district supervisor one week ago to discuss lack of communication on their part and the impact its having on our partnership for bettering my sons experience there. At the end of the meeting I made it clear that I want to be contacted by phone immediately in the case of an emergency or something important. Yesterday, my son was seen by school officials on the play ground before school but when the bell rang for school he never made it to class. He left campus and was gone for almost 30 minutes before he was found by school staff. My questions are where were the adults that are supposed to be monitoring these students? Why was I not contacted immediately regarding the disappearance of my son? I did not receive a phone call until 7 hours after the incident occurred. The school is negligent at this point. They assume liability of him and any child once their feet hit school grounds. I never received an apology from anyone about their lack of responsibility in the matter. The blame was once again placed on my 6 year old son. If we can trust the schools with our children who can we trust??????????

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

They are bullies themselves. I doubt they do anything about the children.

Supports LD students: Disagree

I don't feel like my son is getting any extra help. They are quick to send him to the office to shrug him off and not deal with him or help him progress.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The principle is a coward. She does not take accountability for mistakes that are made by her or any of the school officials. She has no problem placing blame on 5 and six year old children. She is a poor excuse of a leader.

Develops character: Disagree

I feel as though as my son has been labeled and is treated poorly because of it.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

I'm not a fan of the teachers thus far.

Amount of homework: Disagree

My son has never had homework and he has attended for a year and a half.

My daughter went here for Kindergarten, and had a wonderful experience. I worked with my daughter at home with Fry's Sight words, as they were also using them in class there, and when my daughter surpassed 500 words, she and another student were both moved to an advanced reading group. I was very glad they were able to work with her! We were sad to leave (as we got her into a gifted program at a charter school for 1st grade), my daughter still misses her teachers from there. We've been back a few times just to say 'hi' and the office staff and teachers all remember my daughter, and are very pleased she is doing so well in her new school. I always point out though, that they were the ones who started her on her path to success. ^_^

I am so sad to be leaving this school. We have been here for 2 years and are moving to Arizona this month. They have been amazing with my son. I couldn't have asked for better teachers. The support staff has been great also! They have all worked with our family to find the best way to help my son learnand accommodate his needs. We are really going to miss you all.

Great school! This will be my children's 2nd school year here. So far been a great experience. Ms. York is an awesome teacher and I highly recommend her if you have a child entering kindergarten. So far impressed with Mrs. Birringer has kept me updated through email so far on everything going on in my child's class.

Last modified Trailblazer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.