Colorado Springs, CO

Galileo School Of Math And Science 1

Posted April 06, 2015
They are giving my son with a disability referrals without notifying me; I found this by requesting his educational record. I had to order it twice as it was and still is incomplete. Both times other children's information was given to me by mistake. Staff has said to my face that they will not protect my son from bullies because his behavior is so bad that they only tolerate him. The staff bullies me for advocating for my child. I finally pulled him when they said that it was an accident when a child chased my son down the hall and poked him in the eye with a pencil. My son says this was on purpose but they don't believe him. DO NOT SEND ANY CHILD HERE, IT IS JUST NOT SAFE AND THE STAFF DOES NOT CARE.

Galileo School Of Math And Science 2

Posted March 15, 2013
The first two years my kid when to school there they liked to "experiment" with different teaching methods. All boys in one class all girls in another class. The year following was the laptop experiment to where the kids carry around a big laptop all day. My kid isn't a test subject! I'm not overly crazy that the teachers allow the students to retake tests until they score better on them or give the same credit to kids that turn in assignments late to those that do the work on time. This school is too busy trying to be cool and not a school. The school may have changed it's name (use to be East middle school) but it's still the same poor quality it use to have. Test scores prove it. Very disappointed.

Galileo School Of Math And Science 1

Posted August 03, 2011
my child went to this school for 2 LONG years. The teachers are ok.The principals are a joke as well as their counselors.They might as well take lessons in manners from the students.They talk about you behind your back and make you feel extra unwelcome.Grow up Galileo staff you're all adults now not the students.I opted to enroll my daughter somewhere with adult staff even though its further out of my way.I wouldnt send my child there again for a million dollars!

Galileo School Of Math And Science 4

Posted May 25, 2010
I also was disappointed about the lack of music programs but they will offer band/orchestra and choir next school year and I am very excited as is my child. I sat in with my child on take your family to school day and was impressed with the teachers and the technology.

Galileo School Of Math And Science
1600 North Union Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO  80909
Last modified Galileo School Of Math And Science is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Galileo School Of Math And Science Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top