The Imagine Classical Academy At Indigo Ranch

Charter | K-8 | 802 students

Posted July 27, 2014

I hope the new administrative team can change things around, but I m doubtful. Priorities have been in the wrong place for years. The prior principal manipulated situations, withheld information, and bullied to get what she wanted. Regional leaders are not any better. It seems like all they care about is the bottom line, and let her destructive behavior continue for too long. Class sizes are also too big. These are just some of the reasons for the drastic turnover experienced each year. It also says a lot about someone when their spouse comes to a board meeting and swears at board members and staff. He also informed everyone that the administrator s new job is much better because she will work less hours, and get paid more . It s ironic, this is what the staff has been saying for years? They re overworked and underpaid! Several great staff members have come & gone. Others remain hoping this year will be better, but it will take a long time to rebuild the trust that has been lost.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted June 16, 2014

My family LOVES this school! We have been to other schools and none compair to this one! I have never experience teachers that care more or give more to their students than those at Imagine! This is a school of choice and that means that the families that attend choose to be here and parents put much more effort into their children's success and are much more involved than parents in other schools. It isn't a perfect fit for everyone and if it wasn't a good fit for your family there is no reason for you attack the school with your posts. I can't imagine having my kids anywhere else and I know many more families that feel the same way. If you want to partner with your child's teacher and be a part in your child's academic success, this school is for you!!

Posted June 15, 2014

This school has a family atmosphere that is a rare find in a school setting. The teachers care about each other, the families, and the students. The teachers push the students to do their very best and while there is much more homework and at home activities than a standard public school, students learn material a year a head of schedule. I would highly recommend this school!

Posted May 4, 2014

This school is horrible. This is my son's 3rd and LAST year here. Every year the teachers take no pride in their teachings and are ok with letting their students fall behind. In fact, they even tend to blame the child instead of trying to work with them. They do not care to see a student excel in anything. They create favorites and i've come to believe that they may even be racist there. My son has had issues with racism there all 3 years he went there. I wanted to hope that it wasn't true but after 3 years, I see that it is true. The turn over rate for the staff is unbelievable. The front office staff is rude and are very irresponsible. They let someone that was not on the authorized list pick up my son from school!!! My son will NOT spend another year at this school. I would NOT recommend this school for anyone.

Posted April 29, 2014

My child went to this school when it first opened before the building was built on Peterson, and I did nothing but RAVE about how well it was! But for some reason the moment we expanded it declined, and that was in 2010! So I can only imagine what it's like now. My child did one more year and that was it, and let me say that I loved the teachers and I loved the curriculum but we left because of the ADMINISTRATION! Mean, rude, drama starting, lying administration! My child started a new school in second grade and has been happy ever since and so have I! I still had many friends that remained at Imagine and slowly one by one they would disenroll their children and I've heard nothing but complaints since we left about the administration. I hope this school can recover with a new admin team in place!

Posted April 25, 2014

My family just transferred from another imagine school a couple weeks ago. We absolutely loved the school there and were excited to come here. So excited in fact that we drive out of our way and have quite the commute to attend. Since being here I myself have noticed how rude the front office staff is, have not meet the principal, and my kids come home everyday composing about how much the teachers yell at other kids. Out sounds as though the music teacher is the biggest offender which breaks my heart as a musician myself. I was looking forward to attending next year as a family, however at this point I am just anxious to finish the last month as we find a better fit. I am truly amazed at how fast I have learned how inappropriate

Posted April 23, 2014

Worst school ever!!! My child didnt learn anything at this school..The students run the school. There is no discipline. Administration needs serious help. The staff in front office are not friendly. The teacher turn over is unreal. . RUN!!!

Posted April 15, 2014

We are finishing up our first year here and even though my children are excelling, I have major issues with administration and special education needs. The turn over is atrocious and since we live so close my husband and I decided to give the school a chance. I'm definitely having second thoughts. My children's teachers are wonderful but the school atmosphere, especially in the higher grades is much to be desired. How can my kids learn when there are other kids disrupting class and giving teachers a hard time? My kiddos are A students because of the amount of work we do at home. They both have jumped a math grade, but I have to re-teach almost every night because there are times that the math teacher cannot teach because of the disruptions in the class! I have spoke to admin about this & the frequency of incidents have decreased but short-lived. I honestly do not know what to do about next year.I agree with the administration having to be replaced. We were three months into school before my children knew who the principal was! The principal at our out-of-state school that we came from was stellar & every single child knew him & he knew them by name! We had such high hopes.

Posted March 25, 2014

this school has one of the worst administrations ever and bullies get away with almost anything - unbelievable- not a pleasant school environment! Good teachers don't stay for longer than a semester - this school has received consistently low parent ratings for at least 3 years and doesn't deserve the cumulative 4 stars - save your child some serious unhappiness and send him or her to a public school instead!

Posted March 14, 2014

Many of the teachers here are great but many have left. There has been a high turn-over for the last two years. (50% each year) The Principal is to blame for this! She does not support all the teachers equitable. She has her "pets" but if a teacher disagrees with her, they are treated differently. My daughter's teacher last year went to the Principal with a problem but the Principal refused to do anything about it because it involved one of the PTO parents that the Principal liked. If you are not a supporter of the Principal, she will not talk to you. Althought character is taught at this school, it is selectivly practised by the Principal. NOT a good role model for our children or the teachers. That's why there is a high turn-over. The Board will not do anything because some members of the board are close personal friends of the Principal. This administration needs to be removed. I will probable not have my children return next year.

Posted March 14, 2014

If your student has behavior problems that you support, you've found the right place, I have never found an organization that permits people to walk all over their paid professionals or bend policies like this one. Did your student earn detention for misbehavior at lunch? Just whine to the principal, she will cave and blame the teachers. Want to talk to the principal or vice-principal about a classroom issue? Good luck finding them -one works from home every other week and the other is on trips to Arizona or attending "symposiums". "This is a great school despite its administration" - direct feedback from their last accreditation. I wish I had these teachers and this curriculum when I was in school, but I have never worked with such unsupportive, unaccountable "leadership" in my life. Sadly, the administration cares more about the money each student brings in more than the academic and character education the students receive and will therefore sacrifice these for any parent who threatens to disenroll their student. "Shared Values" are shoved down the staff's throats, but not demonstrated by the admin. Prospective teachers, you have been warned.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 21, 2014

The administration does need to change or be replaced. There was cutting and in appropriate interaction between the boys and girls of the middle school happening at the school and it was never addressed and the staff and faculty acted like it did not exist. Also the front office staff is very harsh. My children begged me not to have them wait in the office by them. I pray for this school, it has so much potential but we have pulled our kids and will not be recommending it to any one else until the administration changes and there is some teacher stability.

Posted January 4, 2014

This school is lacking in resources. It is too advanced for children in the lower grades. I have not had a good experience with this school. My daughter hated going to school and brought home an hour in a half work of homework every night that we ended up having to reteach. I am a certified teacher myself and did not agree with the phonograms coding to teach spelling. This continues onto 3rd grade where spelling words are marked wrong if incorrectly coded even though my daughter spelled the words correctly. We do not use this coding in the real world so this was the final straw in deciding to move my daughter back to public school. She also had 24 kids in her class and now she has 18. She is much happier at the public school and not as stressed out. They lack resources such as a gym, visual paperwork for the students(they make them take a crazy amount of notes) and support staff. That is why they rely on parents to volunteer to make up for this lack of resources. I know I made the right decision to move my daughter back to a public school where she will be better served.

Posted November 12, 2013

After enrolling one of our children at IIR in 2011 and having a fairly decent year, we enrolled our second one in 2012. Things went downhill that year. The classrooms were packed. As creative, talented teachers left they were replaced by what I consider to be "classroom managers" -- adults who specialize in posting assignments and ensuring students stay on-task but either have no time or aptitude for actually TEACHING and mentoring kids. The result was stressed, confused kids ... and meetings with staff ultimately featured the "well we let the kids know what is expected of them" line. Staff-parent communications were poor, and we felt that we were spending most of our evenings re-teaching subject matter to our kids because they were pushed so fast through the material merely so a "completed" box could be checked by somebody in Administration. One of the final straws came on the last day of the 2012-2013 school year, when our youngest brought home an F in a subject we expected a C in. The teacher's note: "sorry, wasn't aware his grade was that low." We now home-school. IIR is a train wreck, and not any better of an experience for your child than a "regular" D-49 school.

Posted October 14, 2013

Very good school, although i find it not to be challenging, the staff is wonderful

Posted August 12, 2013

not sure what is going on at the school - it used to be good at the beginning but the last two years it went downhill. Had to take our daughter out of the school as she hated to come to school ever day- she is in a public school now and a complete turnaround - she loves school again ...

Posted August 6, 2013

This is our second year and I really did not want to return. The core curriculum is what we wanted to challenge our student. However, the administration is severely lacking. They don't even follow their own mission statement that says character is modeled and promoted. I'm very dissapointed in their handling of situations which involve student to student problems. Half the year went by with no resolve on one issue then a more severe issue regarding harrassment was totally ignored. I will not be as lenient this year in letting them ignore issues. I belive in second chances but it's gonna be a short leash this year!

Posted May 26, 2013

Imagine Indigo Ranch My two older,children began attending this school before the building at Peterson even broke ground. We left for a year and a half and my youngest also began Preschool there this past year. I am very disappointed by the constant turnover within the faculty. We have had some of the best teachers work at this school and they do not stay because of the administration. The principal, Dean of Students and the previous Vice Principal are all poor leaders who do not follow through when there is any conflict among children, families or faculty. With the exception of the gentleman in the front office, the office staff is unfriendly and often unorganized. He has been an active parent volunteer since the school opened. He has been a great asset to the office staff. He is kind, patient, organized and professional. With a new administration and front office staff, this school would be phenomenal. The curriculum is great! My children are academically ahead of friends of theirs in other public schools.

Posted May 15, 2013

I have three children who attend this school. I have been very involved in each of their classrooms and activities. We have been fortunate to have good teachers. My main complaint about the school is bullying that is not addressed. My daughter that is in middle school has been chocked by a student and the student was told to keep her hands to herself. The student had been involved in several physical altercations in one form or another. The administration didn't take any action towards resolving the bullying. The student was not suspended or expelled until this week. Two weeks remaining of school and our children have had to endure this student's behavior for the entire school year. This is unacceptable, the administration was aware of the issues throughout the year.

Posted February 26, 2013

I really like the emphasis on Character and Teachers are very nice and treat the children kindly. I am happy that parents involvement is welcomed. It amazes me what a kinderg rtner knows. They really learn a lot and I am completely content with the school. Well the one thing I wish could be different would be carpooling and parking space other than that I couldn't think of a better place for my kids--I love it!

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 73% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 51% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 68% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 70% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 49% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 57% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 62% in 2013.

81 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 73% in 2013.

81 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 58% in 2013.

82 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 68% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 61% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 52% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 67% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 52% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

All Students93%

Students without disabilities76%
Proficient in English75%
Neither migrant nor immigrant75%

Source: Colorado Department of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Test score rating
Student growth rating

1-3 Below Average

4-7 Average

8-10 Above Average

How schools in the state rate:

of schools in the state are Below average
of schools in the state are Average
of schools in the state are Above average

Test score rating 20131What's this?

This school
District
State

Student growth rating 20132What's this?

This school
District
State

Math growth at this school

Below Average

Reading growth at this school

1 Test scores are based on 2012-13 TCAP results from the state of Colorado.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 5%N/A41%
Male 46%N/A51%
Female 54%N/A49%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Math specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
Nurse(s)
PE instructor(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Math specialist(s)

• Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Tina Leone
Fax number
  • (719) 495-4239

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Core knowledge

• Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
Transportation options
  • School shares bus/van with other schools
  • Art room
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Playground