Public charter
Colorado Springs, CO
Before care: Yes

Posted October 25, 2014
I could not adequately review the whole school but probably just 3rd grade. My kiddo is in Ms. Ragsdale's class. A major challenge for us last year was spelling; this year the whole spelling list for the whole school year has been posted on the class website which is really helpful for us. Also the teacher makes math easy for the kids and a parent may not need to reteach as this teacher's class feels like a tutorial session. The front office staff is really friendly aswell.

Posted July 27, 2014
I hope the new administrative team can change things around, but I m doubtful. Priorities have been in the wrong place for years. The prior principal manipulated situations, withheld information, and bullied to get what she wanted. Regional leaders are not any better. It seems like all they care about is the bottom line, and let her destructive behavior continue for too long. Class sizes are also too big. These are just some of the reasons for the drastic turnover experienced each year. It also says a lot about someone when their spouse comes to a board meeting and swears at board members and staff. He also informed everyone that the administrator s new job is much better because she will work less hours, and get paid more . It s ironic, this is what the staff has been saying for years? They re overworked and underpaid! Several great staff members have come & gone. Others remain hoping this year will be better, but it will take a long time to rebuild the trust that has been lost.

Posted June 16, 2014
My family LOVES this school! We have been to other schools and none compair to this one! I have never experience teachers that care more or give more to their students than those at Imagine! This is a school of choice and that means that the families that attend choose to be here and parents put much more effort into their children's success and are much more involved than parents in other schools. It isn't a perfect fit for everyone and if it wasn't a good fit for your family there is no reason for you attack the school with your posts. I can't imagine having my kids anywhere else and I know many more families that feel the same way. If you want to partner with your child's teacher and be a part in your child's academic success, this school is for you!!

Posted June 15, 2014
This school has a family atmosphere that is a rare find in a school setting. The teachers care about each other, the families, and the students. The teachers push the students to do their very best and while there is much more homework and at home activities than a standard public school, students learn material a year a head of schedule. I would highly recommend this school!

Posted May 04, 2014
This school is horrible. This is my son's 3rd and LAST year here. Every year the teachers take no pride in their teachings and are ok with letting their students fall behind. In fact, they even tend to blame the child instead of trying to work with them. They do not care to see a student excel in anything. They create favorites and i've come to believe that they may even be racist there. My son has had issues with racism there all 3 years he went there. I wanted to hope that it wasn't true but after 3 years, I see that it is true. The turn over rate for the staff is unbelievable. The front office staff is rude and are very irresponsible. They let someone that was not on the authorized list pick up my son from school!!! My son will NOT spend another year at this school. I would NOT recommend this school for anyone.

Posted April 29, 2014
My child went to this school when it first opened before the building was built on Peterson, and I did nothing but RAVE about how well it was! But for some reason the moment we expanded it declined, and that was in 2010! So I can only imagine what it's like now. My child did one more year and that was it, and let me say that I loved the teachers and I loved the curriculum but we left because of the ADMINISTRATION! Mean, rude, drama starting, lying administration! My child started a new school in second grade and has been happy ever since and so have I! I still had many friends that remained at Imagine and slowly one by one they would disenroll their children and I've heard nothing but complaints since we left about the administration. I hope this school can recover with a new admin team in place!

Posted April 25, 2014
My family just transferred from another imagine school a couple weeks ago. We absolutely loved the school there and were excited to come here. So excited in fact that we drive out of our way and have quite the commute to attend. Since being here I myself have noticed how rude the front office staff is, have not meet the principal, and my kids come home everyday composing about how much the teachers yell at other kids. Out sounds as though the music teacher is the biggest offender which breaks my heart as a musician myself. I was looking forward to attending next year as a family, however at this point I am just anxious to finish the last month as we find a better fit. I am truly amazed at how fast I have learned how inappropriate

Posted April 23, 2014
Worst school ever!!! My child didnt learn anything at this school..The students run the school. There is no discipline. Administration needs serious help. The staff in front office are not friendly. The teacher turn over is unreal. . RUN!!!

Posted April 15, 2014
We are finishing up our first year here and even though my children are excelling, I have major issues with administration and special education needs. The turn over is atrocious and since we live so close my husband and I decided to give the school a chance. I'm definitely having second thoughts. My children's teachers are wonderful but the school atmosphere, especially in the higher grades is much to be desired. How can my kids learn when there are other kids disrupting class and giving teachers a hard time? My kiddos are A students because of the amount of work we do at home. They both have jumped a math grade, but I have to re-teach almost every night because there are times that the math teacher cannot teach because of the disruptions in the class! I have spoke to admin about this & the frequency of incidents have decreased but short-lived. I honestly do not know what to do about next year.I agree with the administration having to be replaced. We were three months into school before my children knew who the principal was! The principal at our out-of-state school that we came from was stellar & every single child knew him & he knew them by name! We had such high hopes.

Posted March 25, 2014
this school has one of the worst administrations ever and bullies get away with almost anything - unbelievable- not a pleasant school environment! Good teachers don't stay for longer than a semester - this school has received consistently low parent ratings for at least 3 years and doesn't deserve the cumulative 4 stars - save your child some serious unhappiness and send him or her to a public school instead!

The Imagine Classical Academy At Indigo Ranch
6464 Peterson Rd, Colorado Springs, CO  80923
Last modified The Imagine Classical Academy At Indigo Ranch is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The Imagine Classical Academy At Indigo Ranch Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 141 reviews. Top