Colorado Springs, CO
Students enrolled: 1,147

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted May 23, 2015
My child has joined the ranks of the functionally illiterate. Thanks Vista Ridge. Thanks Meg Meadow. Thanks Bruce Grose and your wack team!

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted May 23, 2015
The homework is rudimentary and is not regarded. My son never turned his in and yet his still graduated.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted May 23, 2015
This school wants your money and your kids out in 4 years, period!!! This school sucks. The waste time offering classes that distract from true academic learning.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 23, 2015
My military dependent child has been encouraged to display disrespect to all figures in authority.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 23, 2015
Teachers and administration care about %'s not the kids. The counseling staff is laughable and tragic. The administration is worse. Their favorite thing is voice mail. They have students manning phones and desks which means adults should be reachable, they aren't.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 23, 2015
Horrible school. If your kid is bright, don't dump them here. If your kid has special needs don't dump them here. Average just get by kids...this is your spot!

Vista Ridge High School 2

Posted May 23, 2015
This district D49 & school pass kids onto the next grade regardless of if they pass their core courses. My son has graduated by the skin of his teeth yet he doesn't deserve to. The administration does not care. Since the 9th grade, I've been advocating for extra help, I got nothing. Finally, last year he began seeing a therapist and with a bipolar diagnosis, they made no mention that he was eligible for special needs accommodations. If I had it to do again he would have choices into D20. I am so disgusted with the principal and counselors. They are truly worthless to special needs kids and their parents. Vista Ridge High School was a waste of my tax dollars. I hope to change the district border so my neighborhood, which can go either way, definitely goes toward Academy School district 20! Meg Meadow should be released, principal Grose needs to be retrained. Horrible representation of educators. No wonder Coloradand are sooooo..... #dameshame!!!!

Vista Ridge High School 4

Posted October 10, 2014
The counseling department has helped my son and daughter so very much. Every time one of them goes into counseling they are friendly, very responsive and always willing to help in any way. My daughter has dealt with issues in the past and since we have moved schools she feels so comfortable in their environment. My daughter goes in and can speak with the secretary and does not feel judged or like she has to be embarrassed because she is there and she feels better after she leaves. I am very pleased with the way they handle the students.

Vista Ridge High School 2

Posted August 12, 2014
The school in new and beautiful inside but lacking in leadership. When my girls went here a few years ago they hated it! One of my daughters loves school so I know something was off. After the leadership issues many of the good teachers left. We ended up leaving the school as well. I'd rather drive my kids to a D20 school. I was happy with my choice to move them. I wish I would of done it sooner. One thing that shocked me is at parent info night we were required to pay additional fees based on the classes my daughters were in. One year it was close to $200! That's not counting the yearbooks and activity passes.

Vista Ridge High School 1

Posted May 21, 2014
Can't contact counselling, can't contact attendance, the teachers are rude. I've only heard good things about a future teachers, namely Mr. Hill. My daughter's intelligence is wasted here.

6888 Black Forest Rd, Colorado Springs, CO  80922
Last modified Vista Ridge High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vista Ridge High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top