Colorado Springs, CO
Students enrolled: 1,147

Posted October 10, 2014
The counseling department has helped my son and daughter so very much. Every time one of them goes into counseling they are friendly, very responsive and always willing to help in any way. My daughter has dealt with issues in the past and since we have moved schools she feels so comfortable in their environment. My daughter goes in and can speak with the secretary and does not feel judged or like she has to be embarrassed because she is there and she feels better after she leaves. I am very pleased with the way they handle the students.

Vista Ridge High School 2

Posted August 12, 2014
The school in new and beautiful inside but lacking in leadership. When my girls went here a few years ago they hated it! One of my daughters loves school so I know something was off. After the leadership issues many of the good teachers left. We ended up leaving the school as well. I'd rather drive my kids to a D20 school. I was happy with my choice to move them. I wish I would of done it sooner. One thing that shocked me is at parent info night we were required to pay additional fees based on the classes my daughters were in. One year it was close to $200! That's not counting the yearbooks and activity passes.

Posted May 21, 2014
Can't contact counselling, can't contact attendance, the teachers are rude. I've only heard good things about a future teachers, namely Mr. Hill. My daughter's intelligence is wasted here.

Posted May 08, 2014
Can't get a hold of the guidance counselors Ever They don't return calls or emails.

Posted November 16, 2013
I am so disappointed in Vista Ridge. I have contacted the 9th grade guidance counselor 15 times and still have unresolved issues. Currently they are only grading based upon test scores, so if your child is a great "tester" they will do GREAT at this school. However, if tests are hard for your child they will fall between all of the cracks. We are currently looking for a new school for my son. I cannot wait to get out of Vista!

Vista Ridge High School 5

Posted August 21, 2013
My children attend this school and they love it. Everything is brand new, and is up to date with technology. The teachers are absolutely wonderful. They care and want the kids to learn. This is an amazing school!

Vista Ridge High School 2

Posted June 26, 2013
Honestly i started attending this school after moving from a dodds school in europe & i must say the adapting to the "public" school environment is tough. most of the teachers seem to be bored of their jobs so they teach very boringly. The best teachers who actually show excitement in teaching are Mr. Hites (spell check); Mr. Ockvirk; and Mr. Hill. Most of the teachers don't communicate with their students at all if they're confused about something. All they care about is their paycheck at the end of the day. The school has been nothing but drama hence the news & sometimes honestly i didn't want to go to school because it was just so boring. i mean seriously who just teaches by telling their students to write notes & then having a quiz the next day. it's stupid. anyways the positives. the students are pretty chill. some classes are fun & interesting. sports are alright. & the late starts on wednesdays.

Posted August 12, 2012
It's been good so far. It was nice to have the first day of school exclusively for 9th graders and to be greeted at the door with a "welcome to Vista Ridge" upon entering that first day!

Vista Ridge High School 5

Posted July 31, 2012
Vista Ridge is a great school with so many enrichments, and academic quality. They really have quality teachers, and have after school study sessions for those who need it, a wonderful library, and a wonderful classroom enviorment. By going to this school, I have gained plenty scholarships from universities, and many opportunities to enhance my future. Through all the hard work I have put in to my education, and from the help of my outstanding teachers, I plan to graduate this year with a very successful future a head of me. I couldn't have done it without being a proud Vista Ridge Wolf!

Posted July 24, 2012
When this school opened, my son was in the first graduating class..this was the best high school that my kids have been in. My other two kids hated leaving but when we were there we were really happy when they attended. The teachers are great and very helpful.

Vista Ridge High School
6888 Black Forest Rd, Colorado Springs, CO  80922
Last modified Vista Ridge High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vista Ridge High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top