Posted June 02, 2013
The HillSprings Learning Center is a wonderful school. The teachers and staff go above and beyond to help the children not only learn, but gain confidence in who they are. You know you chose a great school when your child comes home with a smile because they can read by themselves or multiply "just like the other kids".

Posted March 20, 2012
We have two children currently attending the HillSprings Learning Center and are thrilled with the experience. In their previous public school, both boys were frustrated and felt misunderstood and un-teachable. At HillSprings they are getting the help that they need, from caring professionals, and are returning to their confident, fun selves. This is a school that is designed to help children with learning differences and has a wonderful track record with students and in the community. Their techniques are based on scientifically proven effective methods and they have highly trained and qualified staff and a fabulous director. The school is dedicated to providing resources both through the private school and the community. The Hill Method is unique in that it allows teachers to individualize instruction for each child, even with 4 in the classroom. Students progress through the program as fast as they can and as slow as they need. I highly recommend this school for students with learning differences. It is a life-saver!

Posted September 19, 2011
My first trip to HillSprings Learning Center was to observe a student who attends there but is also enrolled in an elementary school in the district for which I work as a school psychologist. I observe many classrooms but had never seen a more impressive teaching methodology and curriculum for youngsters with learning disabilities. The student I was observing was working well and later went on to successfully return to public school, full time. My curiosity and admiration led me to find out more about HillSprings and to volunteer many hours to support this non-profit, private school. Not only has HillSprings continued to provide this quality instruction to students enrolled in their half-day program but has reached out to the community, training teachers and working with students in public schools, summer programs, and after-school programs. Hillsprings is truly dedicated to developing a student's academic achievement and individual confidence as a learner.

Posted September 10, 2011
Not only does Hillsprings do an outstanding job helping the students at their educational center succeed, they have an outreach program which trains public school educators in the Hillsprings methodology. Bringing this direct instruction program into public schools has has helped bring about dramatic increases in student achievement. The Hillsprings vision is to impact the academic lives of as many children as possible. Thus helping them find success in every facet of their lives. They are an integral part of the educational community here in Colorado Springs.

Posted January 31, 2011
We were so afraid when we sent our son to HillSprings. It was such a big change and additional cost. But, after 3 years of attendance, we can say that it has far exceeded our expectations. Our son has severe ADHD, dysgraphia and several other challenges. When he began HillSprings in 2nd grade, he was well below normal in most academic rankings. He couldn't get help in the public schools because his strengths combined with his weaknesses ranked him as "normal" on standardized tests. Yet he was struggling mightily. Now, our son ranks at, or far above, grade level in all areas and so much more confident. He has not only increased in academics, but in his acceptance of his disabilities and willingness to talk about it. He knows he's not alone because he goes to school with many other kids like him. He is now so confident and eagerly tells people, "I have ADHD, that's why I need to use a fidget toy." It is this combination of academic and personal skills that make the teachers and staff at HillSprings so outstanding. We would recommend the school to anyone.

Posted January 18, 2011
My daughter started at HillSprings in September 2010. I am amazed at her growth in this short time and her new found independence with her homework. We've struggled for many years but she is now truly blossoming on so many levels and becoming much more confident in her abilities in reading, writing and math. I would highly recommend this school to anyone with a child that is struggling in a large classroom environment.

Posted January 14, 2011
I have been very happy with the quality of the education that my child has received at Hillsprings. Having 1 teacher working with 4 children allows my child to learn the fundamentals that he needs in language arts and math to be successful in learning and life. With the learning disabilities of Dyslexia and ADD, he had a great deal of difficulty maintaining his focus and completing the required writing and spelling assignments in a regular education classroom with 28 children. He is accountable 100% of the time in his classroom at Hillsprings. He is very positive, less stressed and encouraged in his learning by the teachers, director and the other students. He goes to his home public school in the afternoon and has adjusted well to the transition. I would reccommend Hillsprings. If your child is slipping behind a little more each year, struggles with assignments, focus, reading and writing, I would reccommend calling director of Hillsprings for an assessment. We first utilized Hillsprings' tutoring, summer school and finally full school enrollment.

Posted January 13, 2011
Hillsprings Learning Center is a truly amazing place. It has dedicated, well trained teachers who use a scientifically proven method to remediate children with diagnosed learning disabilities. There IS NO other remediation available in the Colorado Springs area that is intensive and scientifically proven. The teachers are dedicated to helping children who learn differently, and are trained in teaching this method, as well as to assist parents in advocating for them. I recommend Hillsprings without reservations.

Posted January 13, 2011
I am raising a child who wanted to be like everyone else. Learning differences made that hard. School and homework was such a struggle. She had to work so much harder than her peers just to get by. The public schools would not provide the intervention she needed. HillSprings has made a real difference. I believe that my child now has a chance to succeed. The staff provided an emotionally safe place for learning. I had a child that had very little chance to succeed academically, now I know she will do well. She is more confident of her academics, her comprehension and retention has significantly improved in just one year. She is happy and our family life is so much easier now, not perfect but easier.

Posted December 10, 2010
A great school has: Excellent teachers, Strong Director/school leadership, Challenging academic programs - at the student's level. HillSprings has all of the above qualities - the staff is caring and well educated and trained in dealing with Learning Disabilities (LD), and ADHD. The Hill Method is the one that worked to get my child out of the "public school slump" Meaning thinking they were dumb and not able to learn. HillSprings is a 4:1 teacher to student ration, where they care about the success of the child, not state tests and qualifiers. If your student has not had success in a "regular" school atmosphere, look at HillSPrings to bring success. They have a proven track record, learning levels improving by several grades in 1 year. it is a terrific place for your child to succeed as a learner. This is not a band-aid program, it is a solution that works!

The Hillsprings Learning Center
2776 Janitell Road, Colorado Springs, CO  80906
Last modified The Hillsprings Learning Center is a Private school that serves grades 2-10
The Hillsprings Learning Center Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.