Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Our daughter is finishing her first year at Atlas. The staff are great and our daughter has excelled. She passed all four final tests and did so with high marks. The discipline is exceptional, even though our daughter was on the receiving end her first few months there. We worked at home too to improve behavior. She was voted by fellow student to be a leader and admired by all, all by the end of her first year. We highly recommend this school to any and all children and their parents. Go take a tour and you will see for yourself.

Develops character: Disagree

Admins need to keep a closer eye on teachers when they are supposedly supposed to be teaching.

Administration is awful....teachers care about kids but are constantly changing. Academics are poor and they split up the kids into two groups based on their abilities. My student has the principal as a teacher. He never showed up and gave them worksheet when he did.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I LOVE my child's teachers! I have all of their cell phone numbers in my phone, and am able to talk with them whenever I need to. I'll just say that its nice to know that the people spending 8 hours a day with my child really do care about him and his future.

Amount of homework: Agree

My boy definitely has more homework per night than his friends who go to different schools, but as a parent I'm happy to see that the school is taking seriously preparing students for college. Two hours a night of homework for an honors high school student seems about right to me.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I remember specifically being told that there is a huge focus on character education at this school, and have met first-hand people whose only job is to build these traits in their students.

I am the parent of an 10th grader at this school, and have really been amazed at the opportunities Atlas is providing high school students. As a fan on their facebook page I have seen so many pictures and stories being posted of things like taking students on fully paid for trips to visit colleges in New York City and Washington D.C., as well as taking AP tests at the Broadmoor, and countless hiking trips. My boy is even spending the month of June at Colorado College because of Atlas, working with the admissions department and doing work that will prepare him for applying to college. I'm sure there are other schools out there that do similar things, but none that I know of here in this part of town.

I have children who have attended Atlas since it was established, and with each passing year the education gets worse. Everything that was promised at the beginning has been a total fabrication. The teachers are unequipped to teach and discipline the children and are more on the level of a friend to the students. There is no consistency with lesson plans and the students and parents are left to figure it out themselves. Also I feel this is not a school to attend if you have a child with behavioral problems. On many occasions my child was spoken down to and embarrassed in front of classmates by teachers. That is unacceptable. My child is now an honor student and athlete at his current school. My children will no longer be attending Atlas because I feel that my child's education is more Important than if they are "slanting" correctly. If you want your child to have a rewarding and full middle and high school experience, DO NOT SEND THEM TO ATLAS!!!

This is my 7th graders 2nd year at Atlas and is it good so far. She likes school and wants to go. Her new teachers have helped her get started in her new grade and our conference was a good time to talk about her grades and goals. So far, this year is going good and I am happy she is here. If I am worried, I call her advisor and they always call back. That is something I really like about Atlas, communication is much better than her other schools.

nope. no bullying reporting system that actually works. hopefully you'll get it working though because no child should ever experience that.

Last modified Atlas Preparatory School is a Charter school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.