Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Atlas Preparatory School 5

Posted June 06, 2016
Our daughter is finishing her first year at Atlas. The staff are great and our daughter has excelled. She passed all four final tests and did so with high marks. The discipline is exceptional, even though our daughter was on the receiving end her first few months there. We worked at home too to improve behavior. She was voted by fellow student to be a leader and admired by all, all by the end of her first year. We highly recommend this school to any and all children and their parents. Go take a tour and you will see for yourself.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted July 16, 2015
Yes I believe this school develops persistence grit and determination in its students and I agree with that statement.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted July 16, 2015
yes I do agree with that statement and I have nothing to add to it.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted July 16, 2015
Admins need to keep a closer eye on teachers when they are supposedly supposed to be teaching.

Atlas Preparatory School 1

Posted June 24, 2015
Administration is awful....teachers care about kids but are constantly changing. Academics are poor and they split up the kids into two groups based on their abilities. My student has the principal as a teacher. He never showed up and gave them worksheet when he did.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 13, 2015
I LOVE my child's teachers! I have all of their cell phone numbers in my phone, and am able to talk with them whenever I need to. I'll just say that its nice to know that the people spending 8 hours a day with my child really do care about him and his future.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 13, 2015
My boy definitely has more homework per night than his friends who go to different schools, but as a parent I'm happy to see that the school is taking seriously preparing students for college. Two hours a night of homework for an honors high school student seems about right to me.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 13, 2015
I remember specifically being told that there is a huge focus on character education at this school, and have met first-hand people whose only job is to build these traits in their students.

Atlas Preparatory School 5

Posted June 13, 2015
I am the parent of an 10th grader at this school, and have really been amazed at the opportunities Atlas is providing high school students. As a fan on their facebook page I have seen so many pictures and stories being posted of things like taking students on fully paid for trips to visit colleges in New York City and Washington D.C., as well as taking AP tests at the Broadmoor, and countless hiking trips. My boy is even spending the month of June at Colorado College because of Atlas, working with the admissions department and doing work that will prepare him for applying to college. I'm sure there are other schools out there that do similar things, but none that I know of here in this part of town.

Atlas Preparatory School 1

Posted October 08, 2014
I have children who have attended Atlas since it was established, and with each passing year the education gets worse. Everything that was promised at the beginning has been a total fabrication. The teachers are unequipped to teach and discipline the children and are more on the level of a friend to the students. There is no consistency with lesson plans and the students and parents are left to figure it out themselves. Also I feel this is not a school to attend if you have a child with behavioral problems. On many occasions my child was spoken down to and embarrassed in front of classmates by teachers. That is unacceptable. My child is now an honor student and athlete at his current school. My children will no longer be attending Atlas because I feel that my child's education is more Important than if they are "slanting" correctly. If you want your child to have a rewarding and full middle and high school experience, DO NOT SEND THEM TO ATLAS!!!

1628 South Murray Boulevard, Colorado Springs, CO  80916
Last modified Atlas Preparatory School is a Charter school that serves grades 5-10. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.