Public charter
Colorado Springs, CO
After care: No

Atlas Preparatory School 3

Posted August 30, 2014
This is my 7th graders 2nd year at Atlas and is it good so far. She likes school and wants to go. Her new teachers have helped her get started in her new grade and our conference was a good time to talk about her grades and goals. So far, this year is going good and I am happy she is here. If I am worried, I call her advisor and they always call back. That is something I really like about Atlas, communication is much better than her other schools.

Atlas Preparatory School 1

Posted August 29, 2014
nope. no bullying reporting system that actually works. hopefully you'll get it working though because no child should ever experience that.

Posted August 28, 2014
So sorry to hear about the other parent's experience. Atlas has a bully reporting system called Safe to Tell where parents and students can anonymously report any concerns they have. I hope that parent took the time to submit it so that teachers and administrators were able to address the issue. In my experience the school has been very helpful in addressing bullying concerns and issues.

Posted July 23, 2014
Atlas has provided me with a high level of support as an instructional staff member in the High School. After having worked in several schools, it is refreshing to be surrounded by such a high calibre of teachers who work hard and are dedicated to working with urban students. Administration has an open door policy and are always open to suggestions in the best interest of student success.

Posted July 22, 2014
My son is about to start his second year at Atlas, and after a friend of mine mentioned the school's reputation here, I felt as though I should speak up on its behalf. Having attended another school in the area prior to Atlas, we moved him into Atlas after he just seemed to be getting mixed up into more and more trouble. Though the transition was a bit rocky (the standars here are definitely higher!), he really seemed to fall in love with his teachers. Within a month of his enrollment he was chosen to move in to the Honors program and hasn't slowed down. I was able to get a hold of his advisor whenever I needed, and felt respected and welcomed every time I came in for conferences. While the school may not be perfect, it has been a significant step up in teaching quality and challenge compared to other local options.

Posted July 07, 2014
My daughter will be starting her second year at Atlas soon. She really likes the school and they have helped her get better at reading and math. I wish they offered more class options for the students, but she is doing really good in her classes. I hope this next year goes as well as last year.

Posted June 28, 2014
My son is in this school for 3 years and I am very pleased with it. Every school has some things that need to be improved. Nothing is perfect in any school. It is still a new school compare to the rest of the schools in the district. I never had any bad experience with teachers or other staff. Always friendly and try hard to give the best. When I read all the commons I am surprised what I read. I know teaching is a hard job and when I see other schools where kids have no discipline I am glad my son is in Atlas Prep.

Posted May 21, 2014
I've had my kids at Atlas for 3 years now, and have been very pleased with the quality of the teachers. Given the other options in the area Atlas is clearly the superior option if you want your child to receive an education where academics, discipline, and character matter. Reading many of the reviews already submitted it is clear to me that the hundreds of other satisfied parents need to rise up and voice their support. Every school is going to have its share of disgruntled parents (and teacher? sounds fake to me based off what I've seen), and it always seems like these upset few always yell the loudest and post the most in order to try to make it seem like their opinion is shared by most. Not true in this case, Atlas is Harrison 2 family's best hope for a quality education.

Atlas Preparatory School 1

Posted May 11, 2014
I worked at Atlas Prep and what I saw way horrifying. The administration is impossible to work with, the teachers are overworked and broken down from trying to give their students the best and having to fight their admin every step of the way. Teachers move around grades and content areas 2-3 times per year, meaning that they never get to fully own their content areas, and students are constantly having to get to know new teachers. The learning that goes on in classrooms is surface level, not through any fault of the teachers. Promises made to staff and parents do not see follow through, and students suffer because of it. Their "enrichment program" in the arts and sports is one hour a day of unstructured time, which ranges from playing on the field to watching movies. The music and art programs they talk about in their ads do not actually exist. The bottom line is this: your child deserves better than Atlas Prep can ever give them. Save yourself some time and enroll elsewhere.

Posted April 17, 2014
10 out 10 atlas really cares for is students and there familys this school rock

Atlas Preparatory School
1628 South Murray Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO  80916
Last modified Atlas Preparatory School is a Charter school that serves grades 5-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Atlas Preparatory School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top