Public charter
Colorado Springs, CO

Thomas MacLaren State Charter School 3

Posted January 27, 2014
The administration is masterful at selectively reporting the school s successes, while conveniently omitting any mention of its failures. The same organization that awarded MacLaren s sparsely populated high school an A gave the middle school a B- for overall performance and a C for student academic growth. Check out the website if you don t believe me. Now the middle school did receive an A for academic proficiency, but the implications are still concerning. What it means is this: MacLaren s middle school students are enrolling with high proficiency levels, but their performance is actually declining. In other words, the majority of students are not making a year s progress in a year.

Posted October 26, 2013
This school has been such a blessing for my two kids Learning had been brought to life by teachers who are excited about the curriculum and who spread that enthusiasm to out kids! The skills that each child receives in orchestra are unmatched by any school in the city.

Posted October 25, 2013
Excellence from the top down. Could not be more pleased with the leadership, administration, teachers and curriculum. Best decision we ever made to send our child here.

Posted October 25, 2013
Our school is fabulous!! The curriculum is challenging and fun! The teachers are very knowledgable and seem to really enjoy the students they teach. Each class has an advisor and any concerns are addressed immediately. Classroom sizes are small and each student known well by classmates and teachers. I would recommend Thomas MacLaren to anyone.

Posted October 25, 2013
This school takes the politics out of education by focusing on best practices in education. My wife and I were sick of schools focusing on test scores, and political motivated curriculum. We found Thomas MacLaren to be a school that focuses on a child's education! I have never seen a more motivated, caring staff anyplace I have been. They have met and exceeded our expectations and our child is thriving.

Posted October 25, 2013
TMS is an outstanding school, with a well rounded curriculum. My kids have thrived here. There is the right balance of pushing the kids to excel and helping them when they struggle.

Posted October 24, 2013
This school is amazing! Love the culture, academic challenge and emphasis on character. Thomas MacLaren has been the best education we could possibly ask for for our child.

Posted October 21, 2013
Thomas MacLaren actually does what it says it is going to do. It lives according its mission. The teachers are alive to the world and help my child become ever more awake, reflective, and learned about the world in which she lives. It is not just for the gifted, but for all.

Posted October 19, 2013
This school teaches future adults how to think for themselves with the available data and also shows them how to look for and understand the information they don't yet have. It is outside the "proverbial" box and learning becomes an exercise of wonder with the world and its people.

Posted October 19, 2013
The teachers at MacLaren are very hands on and communicate several times a week with us, which is so great! I love the smaller class size

Thomas MacLaren State Charter School
303 Austin Bluffs Parkway, Colorado Springs, CO  80918
Last modified Thomas MacLaren State Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thomas MacLaren State Charter School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top