Bad
Good

Jack Swigert Aerospace Academy 4

Posted May 01, 2014
The school is great. Although it has it's up and downs. All of my kids have gone there for at least 2 years, and i have not had one problem. The only problem is the person who works at front is a total witch. Other than that the teachers are there for my children, as well as me. I would defiantly suggest enrolling in Swigert.

Jack Swigert Aerospace Academy 4

Posted March 28, 2014
My son is currently a 6th-grader at Swigert. I was hesitant to send him to this school because of the neighborhood in which the school is. I visited with 2 counselors, both of whom allowed me to tour the school on different occasions, visiting classrooms to observe, and they spent a great deal of time answering any and all questions I had. After much discussion with my husband, we decided to enroll our son. We have been very pleased. Teachers and administrators respond to emails and phone calls immediately, and often after hours, which shows that they are checking emails after school. My son is in advanced math and his teacher is fabulous. There are many electives, even in 6th grade, from which to choose. My son is taking the broadcasting class and loves it. Administration is more than willing to help resolve any issue I've raised. Most of the staff is highly attentive. Security is wonderful and I know my son is safe. The school earned a math and science grant, which enables every student to have a tablet, which has been a curse and a blessing, but mostly a blessing. I'm glad my son had the opportunity to attend Swigert.

Jack Swigert Aerospace Academy 5

Posted February 09, 2011
I went to Swigert last year during its first year. It was rough at first because the rules and disipline were not consistant, but then it got a lot better. They had this awesome teacher, Mrs. Jameson, in 8th grade who brought everyone together. All the students felt that she would help them if they needed it and she worked really hard to make sure everyone felt safe and was learning. She was the hardest working teacher their and we all knew it was because she loved us. I don't think she did it for the money, she really loved teaching. I am really glad to have her and its too bad she moved. I would have visited her class this year.

Jack Swigert Aerospace Academy
4220 East Pikes Peak Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO  80909
Last modified Jack Swigert Aerospace Academy is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.