Colorado Springs, CO

Posted May 30, 2014
My daughter was enrolled at SES for her 4th and 5th grade years. I have a younger daughter starting school next year. Based on the action (or better worded "inaction") of the school this year regarding bullying issues in the classroom and the school, I will not be enrolling my younger child in the school nor would I recommend the school to anyone. I have never been a part of a school whos upper administration lacked action and follow through when issues arose in the classroom. Their bullying program consists of drawing posters for the school and thats it. Without a more pro active bullying program, these children will suffer. ASide from the bullying issue, I never felt any connection to the school. I was a very active volunteer at my kids other school but The one time I volunteered at SES, I was approached by a staff member "telling" me that I was supposed to be using the parent work room and not the teachers lounge. She did not offer to show me where the parent room was and then walked out of the room. Needless to say, she left a bad taste in my mouth and I did not volunteer after that. Please, do your research before sending your kids here.

Stetson Elementary School 2

Posted May 28, 2013
The staff in this school lacks communication skills. We moved from out of state and my son attended 1st grade and my experience was not positive. We will not be attending this school for his 2nd grade. Sadly to say that the PTA communicates better than the school staff.

Stetson Elementary School 2

Posted April 15, 2013
There are 2 different parts of this school to review. The teaching staff is great and provide a great education. P.E. is an issue. The teacher tells the kids that dodgeball is a curse word in his class and they mostly do worksheets in class, therefore not getting any physical education. Another issue is the Health and Wellness program. Teachers have taken kids snacks away from them if they are over the 100 calorie limit, and we can't bring cake/cupcake for b-day's. The lunchroom is a big issue. They're made to be eerily quiet, yelled at by the janitor & monitors, and interrupted to put up "Falcon Ears" to bring the noise level down, when the noise level is very normal. The lunch monitors don't smile or interact with the kids, and the janitor is allowed to punish the kids if the deems them out of line. I've witnessed him bringing the kids to tears. I've voiced concern about how the janitor, and how the lunchroom is run and get nowhere as the principal tends to just pacify concerns by making a change for a few days then allows the issue to come right back. I would not send my kid back to this school if he wasn't already leaving this year.

Posted March 20, 2013
Stetson in a happy school. As with any school, families get out of it what they put into it. The staff is very dedicated and really cares about every student. They really care about developing the whole child, so well rounded children are created. My child has gone to schools in D1, D20 and now he is at Stetson. Stetson is by far the best!

Posted December 21, 2011
My son has gone to this school since kindergarten and is now in the 4th grade. We have had nothing but positive experiences with this school. Each teacher along the way has been great. They take a true interest in the success of the children they teach. The kids that attend are from all walks of life which makes my son more aware of the way life truly is. The office staff is pleasant all around and there has not been a day that I haven't seen the principal making his rounds whether it be directing traffic flow or greeting students. In my honest opinion, I believe everyone at this school has only the best interests of the children and their success in mind.

Stetson Elementary School 4

Posted April 20, 2011
I'd have to say that this is a good neighborhood school. My kids transferred here from a rigorous, strict charter school and they're so much happier and relaxed at Stetson Elem. My son is ahead in reading and math and this school manages to challenge him by putting him in an advanced, pull-out program in Math and Science (SOAR program). My kids' teachers are dedicated and open to communication with us. The administration and staff made us feel welcome upon transferring. Overall, a positive school experience for my kids and they're enjoying school again!

Posted October 19, 2009

Stetson Elementary School 0

Posted July 20, 2009
My son attended 2nd grade at Stetson and I have to say that our experience has been nothing but positive. The teachers and staff were great and my son enjoyed going to school every day. I have recently moved out of state and I must say that the only thing I miss is this school. I have been comparing schools here and am regretting my decision to leave. Stetson is the best...student, staff, teacher and educational wise. Friendly, safe and caring.

Posted February 26, 2009
I have to disagree that the teachers don't seem to care. My children are new to this school, but in the one year that my children have attended my son has went from not being able to say the whole alphabet to reading books on his own. The teachers have had constant interaction with me and my kids love being at school.

Posted February 04, 2009
Leadership is lacking at this school and the teaching my child received was very poor. Personal experience with some teaching staff was extremely unprofessional. Teachers aren't meeting the children's needs. And the principal is doing very little to weed out those teachers who are just 'biding their time,' while they waste the precious time of the students. They are suppose serve and inspire.

Stetson Elementary School
4910 Jedediah Smith Rd, Colorado Springs, CO  80922
Last modified Stetson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stetson Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top