Colorado Springs, CO

Remington Elementary School 1

Posted May 20, 2014
Could not get choice enrollment at this school. I felt like the administration wasted my time telling me to fill out and turn in forms when they already had made the decision to deny my daughter's choice enrollment form. The principal never returned my call. He gets others to do what he should be doing like calling parents back. Do not waste your time at this school if you are wanting to choice enroll.

Posted May 05, 2014
My child is in the first grade, and has a wonderful teacher. He is also in the English Language Learners program, and has improved immensely. The first grade team is on top of each students individual needs. You have a feeling of family, respect and safety here. They seem to have many active parents here and are very welcoming. My child is learning, challenged and feels good. As a parent, there seem to be very good communication of areas my child needs improvements. He loves going to school here.

Posted March 05, 2014
Remington is a good school with outstanding teachers. I do not understand the rating it is currently receiving. It does not reflect this school accurately at all. My oldest son went to this school for six years and has now moved on to middle school. My younger son is in 4th grade. Every teacher they have had has been outstanding. This is a warm and caring school that offers many extrcurricular activites to the students. They have a very active PTA and lots of parents volunteering there daily. I would definitely recommend this school.

Remington Elementary School 2

Posted March 03, 2014
Both my kids started attending Remington for the 2013-2014 school year and I got to meet very good teachers but I'm very disappointed with the curriculum and specially the office stuff , front desk ladies and principal all three seem arrogant , disrespectful and not very welcoming, every time I have a question or concern it seems like I'm asking them for their bank password.cause they treat you like they are better than you and that it bothers them you trying to be part of your kids academics, and the principal doesn't even talks to you if he can avoid you believe me he Will , the year is almost over and I haven't had the pleasure to hear a hi welcome to our school , but now I understand why people told me not to enroll my kids in this school , now I'm thinking twice on letting them go there for the 2014-2015 school year so I guess we'll see.

Remington Elementary School 4

Posted January 14, 2014
Remington is an outstanding school for children at all levels of learning. They work very hard to make sure every child is successful. They have programs for children who are advance learners and for those with learning disabilities. Several of the teachers have gone out of their way (after school) to spend extra time helping my child. They also have great after school programs with Wacky Science, Art Club, Drama Club, Lego Club, Battle of the Books. They also clearly communicate with parents. This, I fee,l is reflective of the District.

Remington Elementary School 2

Posted April 22, 2013
My son has attended Remingington since kindergarden. He has had some very good teachers over the years, but unfortuatly this is not one of those years. He has been strugling all years long and is not getting the extra help he needs. She has told me twice that she was going to start something new with him and after 3 months it still hasn't happend. I asked if there was a tutor availible to work with him after school (that I was willing to pay for). She said she would check and see if anyone was interested. I waited 2 weeks and never got a response so I asked again and still never got a response. I went out and found a tutor on my own. The tutor has left a phone message with his teacher as to what specifially he needs the most help with. Its only been a couple days, but she hasn't heard back from her. I am also not a big fan of the school district. They have way too many scheduled days off during the year for things like teacher in service days??? I am also not a big fan of the principal. He seems to be quite arogant. There are some very good teachers here, but unfortunatly we didn't get one this year and my son is paying the price.

Posted January 27, 2013
I absolutely love this school! My kids were fortunate to have Ms. Price and Ms Reading as first graders and I have to say that they are just phenomenal. We did not have such great experiences when they were at a Core Knowledge school the prior year, which is rated as one of the top schools in Colorado. Both of my kids, especially my son struggled and it got to a point where the school's hostile environment was hurting him emotionally and academically. Fast forward to Remington; both of my children have absolutely flourished and grown into confident little children, which is a product of the supportive environment that Remington gave them. With the school's support, my kids have overcome their academic struggles caused by inadequate instruction and hostile environment at the previous "top notch" school. If I can help it, I would love my kids to attend this school until they move on to middle school.

Remington Elementary School 3

Posted November 30, 2012
I agree with the review below. My children love their teachers. And academically they are doing great. But the office staff is appalling really. There are 2 women. The one with long blonde hair is so nice. The one with short dark hair is horrible. I get super uncomfortable having to go to the office to drop something off for children, or to even ask a question. She is terribly rude.. So, I give 3 stars. Someone really has to do something about this issue. Other parents and students say the same..

Remington Elementary School 3

Posted October 28, 2012
My daughter goes to this school. She loves her teacher. Her teacher is awesome and I have nothing but positive comments about her. I give this school 3 stars because the staff in the office could learn a thing or two about customer service. They are not very welcoming, even the principal! They are very snotty especially the woman that works the front desk. She acts like she owns the school and makes you feel like you're the one (her customer) who is supposed to give her the respect she deserves. They especially treat you a lot worst when you are not from their precious district. Please!

Posted January 23, 2012
This school is amazing!!! My kids have been going to this school since they were in kindergarten. My daughter now in 5th grade and my son in 2nd. I have not met a person at the school that didn't truely care about the students. They focus on helping parents build character. Thanks Remington for the wonderful experience!

Remington Elementary School
2825 Pony Tracks Dr, Colorado Springs, CO  80922
Last modified Remington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Remington Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top