Posted August 10, 2014
I have 3 kids attending Wolford this year and I'm happy with the results I've seen thus far. I get so tired of seeing anonymous reviews online posted by someone who doesn't get their way with something and decides that they'll retaliate by lying about the company/school/product online. Edith Wolford has its bright spots (Mrs. Morgan, Mrs. Bennis, Mr. Weidel) and there are also not so bright spots (nameless). My kids' education is important to me and it is important to the folks at Wolford (both the teachers as well as the administration). I haven't seen the issues that others are reporting about the principal and, in fact, I see a man who truly cares about the kids. He is involved with all activities and is a positive leader. What else could you possibly want?

Edith Wolford Elementary School 4

Posted January 29, 2014
Our child is in third grade this year. We love the forest setting and the teacher involvement. We absolutely love the teacher this year too, Mrs. Thompson! She always recognizes the learning abilities of each individual student and adjusts her teaching style to make sure each student meets the curriculum requirements for ASD20. She does many hands on activities, and teaches the children to think for themselves. She makes them analyze their thought process, and forces them to realize how they come upon their conclusion in every learning situation. We truly feel Mrs. Thompsons' teaching style has excelled our child s learning ability and increased her excitement for learning. Thank you, Mrs. Thompson for the best school year ever.

Edith Wolford Elementary School 4

Posted May 10, 2013
I have a K and 3rd grade student this year, and the 4 years we have been at this school, all but 1 teacher was excellent. I've had no problems with the administration and the office staff are wonderfully caring women. There is a LOT of community support here and great extras teachers. We've been VERY happy. This year they have "WIN" time - What I Need - small groups pulled from class for enrichment and either challenge or remediation, as needed. It's helped my kids shine. It's not a perfect school, but it's small enough so all admin and teachers know all the kids. A real ball field is the one lack, but the forested playground helps make up for that.

Posted January 23, 2013
I love this school..both my children and now my grandchildren have attended here. The staff is wonderful and caring and the Principal is extremely involved and approachable. He is outside at Kiss and Drop in the morning and afternoon, opening car doors for loading and unloading the children whose parents drive them to school since we are a more rural area. He cheerfully greets all by their first name which I find refreshing.

Edith Wolford Elementary School 2

Posted May 23, 2012
Other reviews are right on. ASD20 administrators and school board needs to read these postings. Principal lacks leadership and is unapproachable. Teachers are afraid to complain about anything for fear of their jobs and don't respect the administration. As a parent, I don't respect them either after viewing the inaction since change in adminstration at this school about 5 years ago. Test scores are low compared to rest of district. There are some teachers that flat out need to be fired. If you can avoid those few, the other teachers are wonderful.

Posted February 15, 2012
I agree with the last review. Bad and good experiences. K-2 are wonderful teachers. Have had many many issues with a current teacher and the principal refuses to do anything about it. Also had a bully issue and again nothing was done to resolve this, so much for the District 20 no bully policy! Love the TAG, music and extras teachers! Very, Very disappointed this year!

Edith Wolford Elementary School 3

Posted July 02, 2011
I've had good and bad experiences with this school. The P.E. and music teachers are extraordinary and the kids love them. The 5th grade teachers are wonderful. A few of the lower grade teachers I would not recommend. I found the principal and asst principal to be dismissive and in denial of parents' concerns.

Posted March 09, 2011
I agree with the previous review. Extremely poor management. Administrators lack management skills and do not have the respect of the staff and parents. Test scores have been sliding the past 3 years since the current administrators look over. Looking for a good, postiive environment for your kids? You will definitely not find it at Wolford!

Posted January 04, 2011
Unfriendly staff and negative atmosphere. Some of the lowest test scores in the District. Inexperienced and inefficient adminsistrators who lack leadership skills.

Posted December 25, 2009
My daughter attends Wolford Elementary for Kindergarten. She absoulutely loves her teacher Mrs. Morgan and everyday is very excited about going to school. She is challenged every day her reading, spelling, etc., has far surpassed my expectations. We as a family have been very pleased with this school. Thank you Mrs. Morgan for making such a wonderfull impression on my daughter.

Edith Wolford Elementary School
13710 Black Forest Rd, Colorado Springs, CO  80908
Last modified Edith Wolford Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edith Wolford Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top