Colorado Springs, CO

Carmel Middle School 3

Posted April 28, 2014
I was concerned about sending my daughter to Carmel Middle School. After reading the online reviews, I was worried whether or not she would receive an adequate education. She is getting ready to end her 7th grade year, and I feel slightly better about Carmel. My daughter seems to like the school despite the behavior issues. One more year to go...still keeping my eye on things!

Posted August 04, 2011
There was NO music department in Carmel during 2010-2011. For a supposed forward-thinking 21st Century school, this school is sadly lacking.

Posted August 04, 2011
This is a 21st Century school which has 19th century vision. No arts, no humanities equals no creative connecting links for students. Maybe now that they are bringing ONE person back in to teach band and choir (which they didn't offer in 2010-11), plus dance (yes, ONE person), there is some hope for a more forward-thinking school.

Posted September 03, 2010
The 21st century program is great! i was in this program at CMS from 7th-8th and am still in it at Harrison High school. through this program i have gained a global prospective and learned interesting subjects like Chinese. students are issued a laptop as a learning tool and a backpack to carry it in. this program is filed with great opportunities such as traveling. free trips are available some being Japan, Canada, and New Mexico. i was able to visit Canada and new Mexico and they were the best learning experiences i had ever had! please support this great program!

Carmel Middle School 4

Posted November 19, 2009
So fun ! Has a very excellent 21st century program...i must say i was surprised by the academic challenges.I am always above average and this school just seemed so perfect !

Posted September 05, 2009

Posted May 13, 2008

Posted May 10, 2008

Posted February 24, 2006
I do not think that this school is doing everything that it can for the students. I say this because my daughter goes to this school and is failing because they have not used the correct forms of communication, informing me, the parent, that this was happening and I had to find out this important information when the report cards came out. I would prefer to put my daughter in another school, where she wants to be, but it's not an option at this time and until then, I guess my daughter is stuck in a school that is really bad.

Posted November 03, 2005

Carmel Middle School
1740 Pepperwood Dr, Colorado Springs, CO  80910
Last modified Carmel Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carmel Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top