Colorado Springs, CO

Posted September 17, 2013
We had just moved to the area, and our daughter who loved school was actually asking if she could be home schooled. With a doctor's note due to an injury to her hand excusing her from writing, the female gym teacher told her she could write with her left hand, she has a documented muscle weakness. This lady belittled our daughter by then asking the entire classroom if anyone was ever hurt by writing with their other hand. One of the vice principals told us that the request for not writing for two days was unreasonable, and excusing her from writing was with a doctor's note. What is unreasonable is the attitude of the staff at this school. I personally had NO problems with the other staff, and the teachers we met were great. The choir teacher is talented with the kids, and is an amazing asset to the school. This was such a minor incident, but was handled entirely wrong in major ways. We went to see the district student advisor, and he agreed with us over the entire incident. Thank God for K12, because public school should not involve such high drama.

Posted September 16, 2013
I pulled my daughter out of this school. Fox Meadow needs to raise the bar and get staff in order with how to handle situations appropriately. Female gym teacher disrespects parents, children and ignores doctor notes, and also brings attention of class to a child struggling or with injury. School nurse won't help a child without a hall pass, even if in pain from a migraine. If a teacher sends a child to her without a pass, the child has to go back and get a pass to be helped. Both assistant principals on staff do a good job of listening, but really doesn't seem to resolve situations to make sure situations do not occur again. One told me that the doctor note requiring no use of right hand for two days was "unreasonable". Also, said that kids tend to "exaggerate". School needs to improve staff policy so that everyone is on the same page as how to respect while educating, respect parents, and understand that doctors notes are not "suggestions". Aside from problems we've experienced with staff, there are typical bullying issues here. With my experience with staff I'd have to question how these bully situations are addressed. I didn't keep her enrolled long enough to test that.

Fox Meadow Middle School 0

Posted July 22, 2013
This is by far the worst school I have ever delt with. The students are horrible and treat each other horribly. I have gone to this school for two years now and the school is horrible. We have had trouble with every thing the school is involved with.

Posted June 30, 2013
If you want your kids to bullied and disrespected this is the perfect schools!!! It's awful teachers and students just don't care

Posted June 04, 2013
Don't send your kids here if you want them to get bullied and treated unfairly. My son tells me that the students in this school aren't respectful at all. Whenever I drop him off in the morning, there are students who are cussing like sailors to each other. My son got called by a bunch of cuss words! Two eighth grade girls outside the cafeteria in the morning were holding hands and start kissing each other. My son gets made fun of everyday and there are always rumors spreading around about him. He already reported this bullying incident yet not one staff helped him solve this issue. His report card came out on the 2nd quarter of the school year and I saw that he was failing his math class, so I requested his math teacher some needed extra help for him. They never did help him and by the end of 3rd quarter, his math grade lowered more. Also, during winter, it was about 21 degrees F in the morning and all the kids are left outside, freezing to death! Teacher quality in this school is already bad, students need to learn to be more respectful, and the bullying issue in this school needs to be solved!

Posted April 28, 2013
Don't send your kids here if they are on an IEP because of disabilities. They will be in a rigid, inflexible and reactive environment focused on behavior rather than motivating academic and social success.

Fox Meadow Middle School 0

Posted March 13, 2010
this school is alright the teachers try and help u bring your grades up sadly i have to go to another school and if i got one chance i would stay the 7th graders we have alot of fun so does the 8th graders but 6th graders they have some fun but i recommend that ur students go to this school

Posted February 25, 2010

Posted July 09, 2009
i have attended this school for the past three years (i am now in 9th at harrison high, and i was at fox meadows since 6th) and sadly, i have to move on to high school. The teachers were very respectful of our learning paces, and they made sure that the drama was kept at minimal levels. The dress code, although it was a bit... hindering to our ability to express ourselves, was in the end something that helped us to study and to het to know people by who they were rather than what the wore. the 'courtyard' (playground) was a little boring though, not much to do. But overall the staff was friendly, the atmosphere was educational, and the classes were fun. i love this school, two thumbs up, and i will miss it. -Taylor Lewis

Posted December 05, 2008

Fox Meadow Middle School
1450 Cheyenne Meadows Rd, Colorado Springs, CO  80906
Last modified Fox Meadow Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fox Meadow Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top