Colorado Springs, CO

Posted January 09, 2014
my daughters and I absolutley love Monterey. My oldest daugher attended Centennial before going to Monterey and she hated Centennial so naturally as a parent I was nervous when I registered her at Monterey, would she like it? would she feel comfortable with her new teacher? would she actually learn something? YES! Mrs Bales is an amazing, loving, thoughtful, caring teacher/ human being, I believe she was put on this earth destined to be a teacher . All of Monterey staff are that way, I feel they TRULY care about my children as well as the other children. In theafternoon not one teacher goes back into the building untill all their children are gone, and they make.sure.the kids go with someone the teacher knows as well. My other daughter had Mrs Roten for her kinder year, she is an amazing teacher, when my daughter would come home with homework (which was everyday) she rarely needed help with anything, I believe thats becuase she had such a great teacher and if neither one us could understand something Mrs Roten would be more than happy to explain and let her redo her work so she could get it right. Great teaching Mrs Bales and Mrs Roten!

Posted February 05, 2013
My son attended Monterey for two years and we really liked the school. He had great teachers and the principal was wonderful. You could tell that he cared about the students and the school and was working to make the school a better place.

Posted June 10, 2012
We loved Monterey! My son was in K and he absolutely loved his teacher, Mrs. Roten. She taught him so much over the year that I am very surprised at what they teach in Kindergarden now a days. We unfortunately had to move from the area but I hope that our next school is the same. I was scared for my son to go after reading the review below, I have to say that when school was out the teachers would stand by the door to make sure that the parents were there for the little ones before they would let them go outside. I also signed a document when I first started my son saying that if I was ever running late the place where kids are supposed to wait is the flagpole and that I had to discuss this with my son. The school is great I dont have one bad thing to say about our expirience there. The lunches however were not the best, but I packed lunch daily. The only reason I know about the lunches is because I would go eat with my son every once in awhile. My son loved going to school and cant wait to go back to school in the fall. Great job Mrs. Roten!

Monterey Elementary School 1

Posted April 07, 2010
this school is unsafe for our children they cant keep track of them to get to where they need to be my seven year old daughter was brought home to us by police as i was seaching the neighborhood for her because her teacher couldnt make sure her fifteen students make it to the busses or there parents and my daughter was told by the adult at the front desk in the office to walk home and she was picked up by a police officer walking down Hancock expressway if i sent her walking like that i would probly be charged with neglect or something no emergency contacts were notifided they just wanted to get the kids out and go home who cares they're not there kids why are these people allowed with our kids

Monterey Elementary School 2

Posted February 23, 2009
While some of the staff truly seem to care, others seem to be going through motions. My son loved school before attending here, and left uninspired.

Monterey Elementary School
2311 Monterey Rd, Colorado Springs, CO  80910
Last modified Monterey Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Monterey Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top