Colorado Springs, CO

Panorama Middle School 3

Posted April 18, 2015
I'm a new teacher so I've seen highs and lows at Panorama. For starters there is some bullying but bullying is in every school. Almost every conflict I had to get involved with was aggravated by both parties not a bullying thing. The teachers are frustrated by apathetic parents but they work hard and really care for the kids they teach (seriously, why would they stay if they didn't, the great pay?) there are so many opportunities for students to be great and opportunities for students to get into trouble. It's not about the school as much as it is about the parents. If you are involved your kids will do great. There is an AP program and an AVID program. It is a free lunch school (as of 14-15 school year). We have good resources like SMART boards in every class and three computer labs. The principal is a tough lady and well respected by the kids. I don't think she meshes well with all of the staff but I've had lots of bosses and I didn't care for all of them. The District invests a lot of time in the school and there are constantly administration personnel entering and observing classes. Recognize that reviews are often written by disgruntled people not the satisfied ones.

Posted July 07, 2014
Two years in a row, this school has sent me a bill for school lunches. The issue is that, last year, we qualified for free lunches yet I still got a bill in the mail. I was able to have that cleared up. This year, my child has been bringing a lunch EVERYDAY, there is NO activity on his lunch account, yet they still sent me bills. I say "bills" because I received a bill for $20, $19, $65, etc.....And when I called multiple phone numbers to have this cleared up, I basically received the run-a-round and they are refusing to erase the charges. I even asked them if, by chance, another student may have used my child's ID number. I was told they have no way to find this out and that I am responsible for the bills I was sent. This mistake has happened TWO YEARS IN A ROW!

Posted May 22, 2014
The principal at this school this year has been yelling at staff over the intercom, taking students off campus (and buying them lunch) during classes and without parent permission, and ignoring student threats (with weapons) to teachers. Way to go, Panorama! Way to go!
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 21, 2014
One of the counselors made me feel as if my child and his feelings regarding a child bullying him at school did not matter as much as the bully because the bully had problems at home and was transitioning into a new school....I understand the other child has problems but get him some help and please do not make excuses for his behavior...because I feel my son is there to learn too not be bullied by that child....my son is on the honor roll and a good kid...I guess if my child were a real troublemaker at this school he would get your devout attention.....and not have consequences for his actions...CMON AND GET REAL!!!! I would like to THANK the principal today for making the day a whole lot easier though....

Posted November 21, 2013
If there was a -1000 rating that is what I would give this school. The last few months I have noticed several things from teachers and administrative staff yelling and using profanity to the kids. One teacher even apparently choked a child. THIS is NOT ok. NO teacher or staff member should ever put their hands on a child unless they are trying to defend themselves. Had this been my child who had been choked this teacher would have been prosecuted. There is absolutely no structure at this school. The staff with the exception of a select few, treat you as if you have no right to say anything about what goes on at school, sorry but If something is going on with my child that I don't like you will hear from me BELIEVE that. I am that mom. I will call you out when I believe you are wrong. If you have any other options DON'T send your child here.

Posted September 20, 2013
My children went here last year for part of the year. The resource teacher I asked her to encourage my son to do homework to help him with his memory since it is not mandatory for special needs kids to have homework. The teacher gave up after a week or two of trying. Not long enough to get my child use to it or even a routine. She wanted wanted a parent teacher conference once a month. We only had 2. Before my kids were even enrolled I could not see what the special needs room would look like to see if it was a real good fit for my son. Come to find out when they had parent teacher conference there was not enough staffing for my kids and the other students in that classroom. My daughter ended up getting bullied there and ended up in a fight after the teachers and staff would not do anything about the issue. I asked more then once to talk to the principal more then once. They keep sending me to the student counselors who listened but did nothing to help us. My daughter did not want to go to schoolbecauseofthewaystudentsandstafftreatedher. Ihaveneverhadissueslikethatwithmydaughterever. Shehaslikedgoingtoschoolandsheisaverysocialkid. Thisschoolwasnotveryhelpfulforherbeinga7thgrader.

Posted September 09, 2013
My school is actually a lot better than most people say. My mother used to be a substitute teacher there, and she said that it was not a very good school. However, it slowly improved, and by time I went to Panorama in the 7th grade, it was a very good school. It kept my anxiety at a minimum, i made friends easily, and was not bullied at all, unlike at my other school, and did not have unnecessary amounts of homework. We do have some homework, but not as much as the school i went to in 6th grade had. Some students in regular classes just like to talk, however, I've seen in my Pre AP classes that students actually care about learning. I'd like to see the students in regular classes listen to the teachers more, as well as do their work. Sometimes they ruin the class experiences of me and others that would like to learn, not goof off. Overall, Panorama is a very nice school, and I plan on going here for the eighth grade.

Panorama Middle School 5

Posted August 05, 2013
This school is Amazing,if I could go there I would the teacher only want nothing but the best. If you like sucess then go to this Prep school please go. Ms. Huddleston and Ms. Parks are the best teachers in life recommend

Posted February 17, 2013
Boy has this school changed in the last year! The teachers put forth great effort to see that my child makes growth. She has gotten caught up to proficient and is now taking AP classes. There is a sense of caring and community when working with the staff. When we did have a problem the principal called and it was worked out in a sensible manner. I feel my child is safe, well cared for and is learning more than she was in previous Springs middle school.

Posted January 06, 2013
Yes this school has had some challenges. I believe the current staff there really care for children and are making great gains to their leaning environment and academic achievement. When we first went there two years ago there were rude teachers and the students were unruly, with hallway fights and drugs being uncontrolled. Last year the new principal made many changes to control the teachers and students. The staff treats students with respect and do many extras to ensure their learning. Last year they made great improvement over 2010 and this year the school has moved again to the next level. The administration is open to suggestions and has personally taken care of my concerns. I like their advanced classes and the behavior system they have put in place is unlike any I have ever seen. I regret my child will not get to be there next year, ( due to grade level).

Panorama Middle School
2145 South Chelton, Colorado Springs, CO  80916
Last modified Panorama Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Panorama Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top