Colorado Springs, CO

Posted July 07, 2014
Two years in a row, this school has sent me a bill for school lunches. The issue is that, last year, we qualified for free lunches yet I still got a bill in the mail. I was able to have that cleared up. This year, my child has been bringing a lunch EVERYDAY, there is NO activity on his lunch account, yet they still sent me bills. I say "bills" because I received a bill for $20, $19, $65, etc.....And when I called multiple phone numbers to have this cleared up, I basically received the run-a-round and they are refusing to erase the charges. I even asked them if, by chance, another student may have used my child's ID number. I was told they have no way to find this out and that I am responsible for the bills I was sent. This mistake has happened TWO YEARS IN A ROW!

Posted May 22, 2014
The principal at this school this year has been yelling at staff over the intercom, taking students off campus (and buying them lunch) during classes and without parent permission, and ignoring student threats (with weapons) to teachers. Way to go, Panorama! Way to go!

Posted January 21, 2014
One of the counselors made me feel as if my child and his feelings regarding a child bullying him at school did not matter as much as the bully because the bully had problems at home and was transitioning into a new school....I understand the other child has problems but get him some help and please do not make excuses for his behavior...because I feel my son is there to learn too not be bullied by that child....my son is on the honor roll and a good kid...I guess if my child were a real troublemaker at this school he would get your devout attention.....and not have consequences for his actions...CMON AND GET REAL!!!! I would like to THANK the principal today for making the day a whole lot easier though....

Posted November 21, 2013
If there was a -1000 rating that is what I would give this school. The last few months I have noticed several things from teachers and administrative staff yelling and using profanity to the kids. One teacher even apparently choked a child. THIS is NOT ok. NO teacher or staff member should ever put their hands on a child unless they are trying to defend themselves. Had this been my child who had been choked this teacher would have been prosecuted. There is absolutely no structure at this school. The staff with the exception of a select few, treat you as if you have no right to say anything about what goes on at school, sorry but If something is going on with my child that I don't like you will hear from me BELIEVE that. I am that mom. I will call you out when I believe you are wrong. If you have any other options DON'T send your child here.

Posted September 20, 2013
My children went here last year for part of the year. The resource teacher I asked her to encourage my son to do homework to help him with his memory since it is not mandatory for special needs kids to have homework. The teacher gave up after a week or two of trying. Not long enough to get my child use to it or even a routine. She wanted wanted a parent teacher conference once a month. We only had 2. Before my kids were even enrolled I could not see what the special needs room would look like to see if it was a real good fit for my son. Come to find out when they had parent teacher conference there was not enough staffing for my kids and the other students in that classroom. My daughter ended up getting bullied there and ended up in a fight after the teachers and staff would not do anything about the issue. I asked more then once to talk to the principal more then once. They keep sending me to the student counselors who listened but did nothing to help us. My daughter did not want to go to schoolbecauseofthewaystudentsandstafftreatedher. Ihaveneverhadissueslikethatwithmydaughterever. Shehaslikedgoingtoschoolandsheisaverysocialkid. Thisschoolwasnotveryhelpfulforherbeinga7thgrader.

Panorama Middle School 4

Posted September 09, 2013
My school is actually a lot better than most people say. My mother used to be a substitute teacher there, and she said that it was not a very good school. However, it slowly improved, and by time I went to Panorama in the 7th grade, it was a very good school. It kept my anxiety at a minimum, i made friends easily, and was not bullied at all, unlike at my other school, and did not have unnecessary amounts of homework. We do have some homework, but not as much as the school i went to in 6th grade had. Some students in regular classes just like to talk, however, I've seen in my Pre AP classes that students actually care about learning. I'd like to see the students in regular classes listen to the teachers more, as well as do their work. Sometimes they ruin the class experiences of me and others that would like to learn, not goof off. Overall, Panorama is a very nice school, and I plan on going here for the eighth grade.

Panorama Middle School 5

Posted August 05, 2013
This school is Amazing,if I could go there I would the teacher only want nothing but the best. If you like sucess then go to this Prep school please go. Ms. Huddleston and Ms. Parks are the best teachers in life recommend

Panorama Middle School 4

Posted February 17, 2013
Boy has this school changed in the last year! The teachers put forth great effort to see that my child makes growth. She has gotten caught up to proficient and is now taking AP classes. There is a sense of caring and community when working with the staff. When we did have a problem the principal called and it was worked out in a sensible manner. I feel my child is safe, well cared for and is learning more than she was in previous Springs middle school.

Posted August 19, 2010
I had my daughter in this school for 3 months before pulling her out to homeschool. The majority of the staff was inflexible and unwilling to be supportive of the students or their parents. We had numerous incidents where my child was a victim of bullying and humilation that caused her grades to drop dramatically. I pulled her out to homeschool and she succeeded with flying colors! One staff member told me that the school is run like a business and that my daughter's special needs status was little more than a paycheck for them; this staff memeber encouraged me to homeschool and I'm so glad I did!

Panorama Middle School 0

Posted February 16, 2010
I believe it is a shame that nothing is done about this school or the administrative staff. I have been looking into other websites to see what the school is rated and it is about 92 I believe out of 122 in Colorado. What does this say? I'll tell you what it says.... that a majority of the staff is not willing to take ownership for what they are doing to these children and are in it for the paycheck. This is a district where there is not alot of money. I am a single parent. I have an education and a decent job but I want more for my kids than what I can do for them so I push them to do the absolute best and there is absolutely no support from the staff. No encouragement and no tools for the parents to use. History repeats!!

Panorama Middle School
2145 South Chelton, Colorado Springs, CO  80916
Last modified Panorama Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Panorama Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top