Colorado Springs, CO

Stratton Meadows Elementary School 4

Posted April 02, 2015
I am new to Colorado Springs and we chose to rent in the apartment complex Sienna Place which is located right across the street from the school. So far my daughter who is a first grader seems to like it. They wear uniform which I'm not happy with but the school really teaches the kids. They know a lot to be in first grade and the school has a good rating based on test scores .

Posted March 08, 2015
since when were adults given the righ tto stop children from being children!? Our society has taken to making our kids an all work no play robot...I bet all of y'all played army man or cowboys & indians as kids. But to punish a child for playing is VERY WRONG!! Take the suspension off his record and apologize to the family

Stratton Meadows Elementary School 5

Posted October 01, 2014
Best school my child has ever gone to! The Teachers are great and they offer wonderful after school activities.

Posted July 15, 2014
Academically I have NO problem with this school. The problem is the lack of activity the children receive, 1 ten minute recess (for kindergarteners as well) is not nearly enough. I can't sit still for 7+hr. My son is a happy sweet child, but he was always in 'Trouble' because at 5/6 he was fidgeting to much. My 1st grader hated school. I'm finding him a new school.

Posted May 22, 2014
My family moved from Michigan a month before School let out. I enrolled them for the rest of the school year, and wish I didn't. They were uninformative when it came to how my children were adjusting. The worse part was how they treated my daughter. Because she didn't receive some ticket for field day at the end of school year, she wasn't allowed to participate. She was treated like she was in trouble that day, and had detention. Then because she wasn't around for tests this quarter they gave my honor roll student a C grade. I am disgusted with this school, and if I can't find another school for them to attend... I'LL HOME SCHOOL!

Posted February 12, 2014
the worst. they are not aware of the problems with abuse to children and they act like they dont even care about the kids. they do not care to find out the truth when it is dumped on them. it has to be a whole school involved to make the grade and the office gets an f
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 09, 2013
The teachers in the school work hard and care VERY much for kids. The principal is ery unprofessional and does not communicate well. She is ALL about test scores and doesn't do what's best for students. 10 minutes of recess a day is all the children get. They are also forced to learn reading for a very large chunk of time, but they have no instruction in social studies. The principal has strict rues and is very unpleasant to children and teachers. I think it's time for her to go...
4 people found this helpful

Stratton Meadows Elementary School 5

Posted May 22, 2009
We had uniforms this year and my son really felt part of the team. He really enjoyed his class and getting star tickets when he did good. The teachers worked hard to help him improve his reading and he even got help after school and during the day for what he needed. He just got an award for most improved reader. The principal gave them a nice assembly on the stage so I could see him smiling and I was so proud. This is one of the safest schools and they have teachers who care about all the children. The principal, the secretaries, even the janitors look after our kids. they want kids to read 20 minutes a day...that is good.

Stratton Meadows Elementary School 3

Posted May 16, 2008
My son has been at this school for 2 years. Last year,I did not care for his teacher. I do understand that teaching is not easy with all of the different personalities, and challenges the kids bring daily. She described my son as 'horrific' one day when I called to check on him. I am very fair in disipline, and know that my child is not an angel. As far as this year, he has a womderful teacher, she is brand new to teaching, young, and fabby. She is great! He has had a very prospering year with her. Lastly, the kids have been reduced to one recess this year a day. Last year it was two. I strongly feel that kids need more than one recess to be better children in class. This change was made when the new pricipal came in.

Stratton Meadows Elementary School 0

Posted February 09, 2008
There is a new principal this year and she is making our school even safer and more focused on academic achievement for all students. Together with their great teachers and caring for our kids, and how they are doing, it is great. We get progress reports on how our kids are doing and their monthly parent nights are so fun and a good time to be together.

Stratton Meadows Elementary School
610 Brookshire Ave, Colorado Springs, CO  80906
Last modified Stratton Meadows Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stratton Meadows Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top