Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Posted October 30, 2015
My kids where going to oak creek elementary my girls and one of my boys would tell me the teachers would not let them use the bathroom when they asked it got to a point i told them to tell the teacher there going to use the bathroom and go . One day a teacher slapped my kid on his arm and i reported it to the district they all the way up to the superintendant andre and he said he could not tell me if they where going to do anything about it and thet i should take care of it on my own so i reported it to the police i also reported it to child services. I have pulled 2 of my kids out of the school. When i was there yesterday picking up my girls there was a guy who was picking up his kid and his kid was on his shoulders and she fell off and hit her head on the cement and they told him to pick her up and take her inside even though ur not supposed to move someone who falls that hard. My girls got out early last week so i was googling there number to see if the school was feeding them lunch and came across a website where u can put up reviews about achool and i was amazed at the reviews on this site i wished i would have found this site first

Posted August 26, 2015
Extremely unwelcoming and rude ...really principal and vice principal. We were already nervous about attending this school because of the extremely poor ratings. but unfortunately you do not get a choice. We are now looking into home schooling as an option. Many teachers seem to care, but probably won't for long with the type of people they have running the operations. My guess would be that is why they have such a high turn over. The food there is also garbage, but I guess that is the school system in general. Kids follow the leader, and are not friendly or accepting either. Beware!!!

Posted February 10, 2014
We moved to Colorado Springs in the beginning of January 2012. I enrolled my son in Oak Creek Elementary because there's no such thing as "Freedom of Choice" in schools in Colorado Springs. We finished up the 2011-2012 school year without very few issues. Then 2012-2013 my son was bullied by several students and when brought to teachers attention my son got in trouble for "tattle tailing". Then on several instances he came home saying teachers refused to let him use the bathroom when he asked which resulted in bladder infections and hospital time. Not to mention lunch breaks are 15 minutes and time starts once the leave their classrooms. Not enough time for any child to eat. 2013-2014 started out the same as last year. Bullying and teachers refusing to allow my child to go to the bathroom as requested even with a doctors note on file. Guess what that resulted in? Another bladder infection and hospital time and a couple of angry parents. I'm pulling my child out to be homeschooled just as I had to do with my older child from middle school. Goodluck to any child that has to endure the unjust punishment of attending any school in the HSD2.

Oak Creek Elementary School 2

Posted January 17, 2012
he first couple of years, we really enjoyed this school. However, with the recent large turover in staff and administation, we have been less than satisfied. The school has become about raising test scores, and as a result, the school does not offer a well-rounded education. Social Studies and foreign languages are not taught and extra curriculars are almost non-existant. The children are in school for seven hours a day and receive only one 15 minute lunch and one 15 minute recess. The teachers are great and do the best they can, but we want more for our child's education.

Oak Creek Elementary School 5

Posted November 27, 2007
Amazing! Everyone there is so helpful and nice.We had some trouble with another school in the area and it just can't compare to Oak Creek.

Oak Creek Elementary School
3333 Oak Creek Drive West, Colorado Springs, CO  80906
Last modified Oak Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.