Colorado Springs, CO

Oak Creek Elementary School 1

Posted February 10, 2014
We moved to Colorado Springs in the beginning of January 2012. I enrolled my son in Oak Creek Elementary because there's no such thing as "Freedom of Choice" in schools in Colorado Springs. We finished up the 2011-2012 school year without very few issues. Then 2012-2013 my son was bullied by several students and when brought to teachers attention my son got in trouble for "tattle tailing". Then on several instances he came home saying teachers refused to let him use the bathroom when he asked which resulted in bladder infections and hospital time. Not to mention lunch breaks are 15 minutes and time starts once the leave their classrooms. Not enough time for any child to eat. 2013-2014 started out the same as last year. Bullying and teachers refusing to allow my child to go to the bathroom as requested even with a doctors note on file. Guess what that resulted in? Another bladder infection and hospital time and a couple of angry parents. I'm pulling my child out to be homeschooled just as I had to do with my older child from middle school. Goodluck to any child that has to endure the unjust punishment of attending any school in the HSD2.

Oak Creek Elementary School 2

Posted January 17, 2012
he first couple of years, we really enjoyed this school. However, with the recent large turover in staff and administation, we have been less than satisfied. The school has become about raising test scores, and as a result, the school does not offer a well-rounded education. Social Studies and foreign languages are not taught and extra curriculars are almost non-existant. The children are in school for seven hours a day and receive only one 15 minute lunch and one 15 minute recess. The teachers are great and do the best they can, but we want more for our child's education.

Oak Creek Elementary School 5

Posted November 27, 2007
Amazing! Everyone there is so helpful and nice.We had some trouble with another school in the area and it just can't compare to Oak Creek.

Oak Creek Elementary School 4

Posted July 05, 2005
- a former student

Oak Creek Elementary School
3333 Oak Creek Dr West, Colorado Springs, CO  80906
Last modified Oak Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Creek Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top