Colorado Springs, CO
After care: No

Posted August 11, 2015
I have two children at WES. My oldest has been at the school since Kindergarten and is now in 4th grade. She has grown tremendously and has developed relationships with all of her teachers. Throughout all grades, there are strong teachers and you can tell that the administrative team is on top of their game. The staff is caring throughout and work together to improve the lives of the children. I've seen the AP shoveling snow and the principal escorting students to their rides even when it is raining! If I could give more than 5 stars I would! Highly recommended school!!!In my opinion, it is the best school in Harrison!

Wildflower Elementary School 2

Posted May 14, 2015
This was my sons first year of kindergarten. The first day of school I encouraged the school to start the IEP process because he is autistic, has ADHD and will need special services to help him get through school. The general education classroom with 26 other kids was not going to work for him. Well they soon realized I was not kidding and choose to send him home early over 20 times in 5 months instead of pushing the district to transfer him to another school within the district that is setup to handle autistic children. Well I soon got smart and got a parent advocate(from the ARC) he was transferred to his new school 4 months ago and has done a complete 360. He has never been sent home, he can read now, and even got student of the month in April! I'm sure wildflower is great for the "typical" student but NOT special needs! my son does NOT have a behavioral problem, is not the only child out there that has Autism. if my son is the "first" child they have encountered at this level consider yourself lucky Mrs. Goodwin. If your not willing to tackle this bull by the horns you need to get out of your seat and let someone else sit down who is

Wildflower Elementary School 1

Posted December 21, 2013
I do not recommend working at this school with the current administration. They will not only make you feel worthless as a teacher - they will make you feel worthless as a human being.

Wildflower Elementary School 4

Posted October 30, 2013
Overall a very good school. I would rate it above average in most every important aspect.

Posted October 20, 2013
Wildflower is an excellent school! The teachers and staff truly care about the students and will do whatever is necessary to help them all be successful now and in their futures. The students are consistently above or at district and state test averages, showing the dedication to excellence that students and teachers have. My children love their school and their teachers and are always excited to go to school. The school is on its way to the top and the sky is the limit!

Posted October 17, 2013
I am very impressed with the academics that wildflower teaches my children. The teachers seem to have a way with teaching my boys stuff that I didn't think was possible at the age of 7 and 9. I have always felt very welcome and invited into my children's school and also very informed of my children's progress of their strengths or things that need work. I believe that the between the Mrs. Godwin, Mr. Andrick, Mrs. Cobb and all of the teachers as together as a team they have made a huge positive difference and impact on my children's future. Over the past few years there has been many changes to some of the kinks and since then I wouldn't dream of having my child in any other elementary school. If I had to make a couple suggestions it would be to give the children healthier lunch's, longer lunch breaks, not make testing so stressful for the children and another recess for a break from doing so much work throughout the day.

Posted October 17, 2013
I have a Kindergartener at Wildflower and couldn't be any happier. Every staff member, principle's, teachers, front office, lunch room help, cleaning help, and everyone between, makes each and every student & family feel comfortable and welcomed. Wildflower also has different and fun things for the kids to get involved in, for instance today they had a pig race for kids that sold at least 15 items in the fundraiser- of course myself and youngest daughter went & had a good laugh. Not to mention they are a blue ribbon school and focus on education first but have fun while doing so. I am very thankful for this school!

Wildflower Elementary School 3

Posted May 24, 2013
This school is okay, some of the teachers are absolute rock stars, they're amazing, kind, thoughtful, and just lovely. There is one, though, that I found to be undermining (she never listened to what I asked of her regarding MY child), she hurt his feelings telling him that "his work wasn't good enough" because his "coloring was messy." Regardless of the fact he's just now out of 1st grade. The principal is slightly lacking in how she interacts with people, she seems very shallow and fake even though she is very kind. The vice principal is amazing and shows genuine concern for the well being of his students... I'd talk to him rather than her (principal) any day. Overall, the school holds their "great school" rating above anything else, even if that means making kids (6 year olds) literally sick with stress because they are getting ready for testing. So if I had to say a few words I'd say "friendly staff, but really only show concern for how they look on paper, they really don't care about the students or their well-being."

Posted May 19, 2013
This is an awesome school! The teachers are great and the administrators are super!! Everyone is very welcoming and is great with students. Academic excellence is the standard at Wildflower and they are tops in District #2!!

Wildflower Elementary School 2

Posted April 06, 2012
Academically this school is good. On the other hand the teachers do not have good social skills. My son went to kindergarten here and I was not happy with his homeroom teacher at all. His teacher picked favorites and my son was not treated fairly. Nothing was ever done about an IEP he was suppose to be put on. Lets just say, your child will learn a lot but will not be treated the way he or she should be. My child will never go back to this school again!!!!!!!

Wildflower Elementary School
1160 Keith Dr, Colorado Springs, CO  80916
Last modified Wildflower Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wildflower Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top